Author Topic: Night Court: The Complete Second Season  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Night Court: The Complete Second Season
« on: September 30, 2010, 11:34:02 AM »
Night Court: The Complete Second Season

Disorder in the court!  Judge Harold T. Stone, Dan, Bull and Selma return for a rollicking second season of dispensing justice to the assorted nuts of Night Court.  New to the courtroom: Noo Yawk-savvy defender Billie Young and Vietnam vet Mac Robinson, the court clerk.  On the 22-episode docket: an invisible man, a mogul madam, a lovelorn nun, hookers, pickpockets, flasher, wackos, weirdo, gonzos and great guest stars, including Michael Richards, Stella Stevens, Jack Gilford, John Astin, Lou Ferrigno and, as substitute defender Christine Sullivan, Markie Post, who will become a full-time cast member in Season 3.  Join the fun as Judge Harry throws the book at crime – the joke book.

My Thoughts

I watched this show all the time when it was on originally.  The show is funny and has held up well.  I did remember some of the the episodes, though I had forgotten a lot of them since it has been so long since I last saw them. 

The show revolves around the court room and everything going on there.  Most of the cases they deal with are a bit bizarre, and they do help to add to the humor.  The plots are rather simple and resolved by the end of each episode, but they are very entertaining.  Some of what happens is silly, but it manages to work.  Just about every characters says or does things that are funny.  Every episode made me laugh out loud while I was watching them.

There are four characters returning from the first season.  Those characters are like they had been established in the first season.  Billie and Mac are new characters.  Billie is all right, but there is something about her that doesn't seem to fit in as well as some of the others.  Maybe that is because I more remember the episodes with Christine.  Dan is probably the character that I find the most entertaining.  He's a bit of a sleazy jerk, but he is so entertaining and he usually ends up in the funnier situations.

Unfortunately, there aren't any extras with the second season DVD set.  Despite that, I still think this is a good set for fans of the show.  I really enjoyed watching the episodes again and am sure it is just a matter of time before I pick up the third season.

I did get a review posted on Epinions recently.

Night Court:  The Complete Second Season

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Night Court: The Complete Second Season
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 11:40:28 AM »
This is another set I still need to add to my collection. I really enjoyed revisiting the first season when I got it.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Night Court: The Complete Second Season
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 11:47:34 AM »
I'm really glad that I got the first 2 seasons.  I still need to get the 3rd.