Author Topic: Beverly Hills Cop III  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Beverly Hills Cop III
« on: September 23, 2010, 07:29:16 AM »
Beverly Hills Cop III

Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy) journeys back to Beverly Hills for a real roller coaster thrill ride at the Wonderworld amusement park!  Joined by old pals Billy Rosewood (Judge Reinhold) and Serge (Bronson Pinchot), Axel becomes the hottest new attraction as he chases down the bad guys on the rides, through the shows and in the underground maze beneath the park.  Beverly Hills Cop III is a "wild, funny action comedy"* that will have you hooked for the whole ride!

* Bill Diehl, ABC Radio Network

My Thoughts

I know a lot of people may not agree with me, but I do like this one overall.  It isn't as good as the first two movies, but I still find it entertaining overall.

The plot is a lot like the first two movies, with someone Axel is close to being shot or killed and clues leading to California.  This time, a popular amusement part, Wonderworld - clearly meant to be a version of Disneyland - is involved.  That is sort of interesting, though it is also a little odd at the same time.  The movie is still rated R, though it does seem to be tamed down in different ways.  Axel is more restrained, and while it sort of makes sense since the character is older, it is a little odd as well. 

There is still humor in the movie, though it isn't as funny as the previous movies.  Axel still says and does some funny things, but like I mentioned, he's a bit more restrained, and that means he isn't as funny.  Serge is back in a few scenes and he does add some humor, though he does seem a little out of place.  I do miss Taggart and Bogomil.  I think it is said that Taggart retired, but I don't remember hearing anything about Bogomil.  Billy is back at least and he is still entertaining.  Jon is a new character who isn't too fond of Axel at first. 

There is an extra on the DVD that has some of the cast and crew talking about the movie.  It is interesting.

For me, the movie is entertaining and I enjoy it.  Some people probably feel differently, especially since it isn't as strong as the first two movies.

I did get a review posted on Epinions.

Beverly Hills Cop III