Author Topic: The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Third Season  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Third Season
« on: September 20, 2010, 07:32:12 AM »
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season

Worlds collide in Season 3!  A love affair with Penny has opened a big, wide, wonderful world of romance for Leonard.  But Sheldon likes the world just the way it was, thank you.  All of which makes for a zany comic triangle with brainy, clueless Sheldon and practical, grounded Penny hilariously vying for the role of hypotenuse.  This complete 3-Disc, 23-Episode Season 3 set also features Raj, Howard, tattoos, football, awkward dates, jail time, Stan Lee, a The Lord of the Rings ring and all the fun of a series that only gets better.  The Big Bang Theory “has transformed from a cute comedy about eggheads and their hottie neighbor into an addictive ensemble piece that could be this decade’s answer to Friends” [Lynette Rice, Entertainment Weekly].

My Thoughts

I got hooked on this show from the first episode and I still love it.  I preordered this DVD set and I started watching it right away..finishing up by Wednesday. 

The plots for the episodes are really fun and entertaining overall.  Most of the episodes have plots that are self contained, though some things do come up again in later episodes.  I do think it is best to watch the episodes in order - from the beginning of the first season.  Certain things will make more sense that way, especially where the characters are concerned.  The first episode of the season ties back in really well with the last episode of season two when the guys went off to the North Pole so Sheldon could do his experiments.  For a few things that happen, like when Raj ends up working for Sheldon to avoid being deported, I did expect things to come up again later in the season but they didn't.  Mostly all that was dealt with in multiple episodes are the relationships.

I know that some people didn't like Penny and Leonard getting together.  I did.  I think they are a cute couple.  Only a few episodes are really focused on the relationship.  In other episodes, it is more in the background while other things are going on.  Handling it that way worked really well.  I also liked seeing how Sheldon tried to adjust to the changes the relationship cause.  I do think the relationship worked.  Really the only thing I didn't like in the season was
(click to show/hide)

I love all the geeky type stuff that continues to pop up in the show.  I also like how Penny is starting to pick up on more of that stuff.  She was even talking about the new Star Trek movie.  I like all the mentions of movies and comic books.  Some of the funniest stuff is tied to those things in some way..like when the guys find a Lord of the Rings ring.  Science stuff keeps popping up, which makes sense given the professions of the guys.  I have no clue how accurate any of it is, but it at least sounds believable. 

This is the most consistently funny show currently airing.  I'm always laughing out loud at what is going on in every episode.  The stuff is still funny when watching the episodes again.  Sheldon probably still does the most that makes me laugh.  He has evolved a bit since the beginning, but there is still so much that baffles him that is really funny to watch.  On watching all three DVD sets again recently, I've noticed more just how funny Raj is.  I've always liked him, but I think I appreciate him even more now.  Some people may not think he does as much since he doesn't talk a lot, but there is so much to his character.  He is hilarious most of the time.

The characters are all really interesting and entertaining.  Sheldon has numerous issues that tend to tie into the plots of the episodes in some way.  I love his feud with Wil Wheaton...I hope he is back, though someone needs to put him in his place.  I am also hoping that Sheldon's Meemaw gets to turn up.  I'm really interested in seeing her.  The cast is all perfect in their parts and I can't imagine anyone else in any of them.  I'm really glad that Jim Parsons won the Emmy for best actor in a comedy.  I just wish the show had been nominated for best comedy..and Kunal Nayyar for supporting actor.

There aren't a lot of extras, but they are entertaining.  The gag reel is really funny.  It would have been nice if there had been more extras of some kind.

I did get a review posted on Epinions.  I even included some quotes from the show in the review.  It took me a while to narrow down which ones I was going to include.

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Third Season