Author Topic: Why are they doin' this to me.  (Read 3238 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Why are they doin' this to me.
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 08:20:02 PM »
I never cared for these movies either. Watched the first one once... never again and gave away my copy. Never even attempted the sequels.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 08:47:22 PM »
Great to see I ain't the only one ;D

hal9g

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 04:26:55 PM »
Well, I love these movies.  I read The Hobbit in 1969 as part of the required reading list prior to starting college, and fell in love with Tolkien's Middle Earth.  I was very disappointed in the 1978 version which attempted to tell the entire story in two hours and used one of the worst examples of rotoscoping I've ever seen.

I think Peter Jackson did a superb job of re-creating Middle Earth.  The cinematography was breathtaking, the score was magical and the acting (for the most part) was excellent.  I think this trilogy was a wonderful testimony to the author and was as well done as anyone could possibly do it.

I bought the original theatrical releases when they came out and then the Extended versions, but I will not be buying this one.  I'll wait for the Extended versions on Blu ray.  If they never come out, so be it.  My Blu ray player does a great job of upconverting what I have.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 04:30:21 PM by Hal »

kahless

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 04:33:35 PM »
I enjoyed the movies (I own the theatrical cuts on DVD) on long rainy sunday afternoons!  :tv:

I think when the extended cuts are released on blu ray I would purchase them. I'm expecting a great quality in picture and sound!  :)

lyonsden5

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 01:49:19 PM »
Hold off Eric. You can do it. You're not alone. I too am waiting for the extended versions. There is strength in numbers  :training:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 02:21:12 PM »
I certainly will not buy the theatricals on Blu-ray and always knew I'd wait for the SEE. What good is a hi-def movie when half of it is missing?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools