Author Topic: Dexter - The Complete Fourth Season  (Read 4148 times)

Najemikon

Re: Dexter - The Complete Fourth Season
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 02:03:13 PM »
Oh, in that case, burn her. :redcard: Negative feedback once you've got your refund and a report to Ebay. Actually, if you have one, you're better finding whoever supports copyright in your country. Here it's FACT http://cgi3.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=fact-uk

Ebay pulled a couple of my listings once on the say so of FACT and it was made clear to me at the time that Ebay aren't in a position to police this themselves, beyond the really obvious stuff, and instead rely on organisations to act on behalf of the copyright owners and advise them.

Just to be clear, FACT got their facts wrong in my case!  :P I was selling off some old genuine VideoCDs and they pulled them on the basis that VCD had never been used for home video and was favourable amongst pirates and karaoke! I gave them a brief history of the distributors that did sell genuine titles, plus a list of random Ebay listings that were definitely fake that they had missed.  ::) But hey, at least they were trying.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 02:11:16 PM »
So I'm not sure what to think. These are no question single layered discs but the quality of the package and video playback seem fine...

Well, either yours are better or I'm more picky... Especially the flashback scenes (*1) are almost unwatchable, but the blocking artifacts are noticable in normal scenes too. Generally, MPEG2 streams don't do well when compressed down 50%, and this is clearly what happened here. To maintain quality at such a size, you would have to encode them into some other format.

EDIT:
(*1) Not really flashbacks anymore, I mean when Dexter talks with his father, etc.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 02:15:32 PM by goodguy »
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 06:54:57 AM »
(*1) Not really flashbacks anymore, I mean when Dexter talks with his father, etc.
While watching Season 4 I made a conscious effort to observe their conversation. I was happy to see that the father would never give Dester information he couldn't have otherwise (I hate it when they do that), but he really functioned to give Dexter's internal monologues a face rather than doing voice-over.