Author Topic: Sitcoms  (Read 2027 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Sitcoms
« on: September 08, 2010, 02:44:18 AM »
I have found that the last couple days I been in the mood for a sitcom. Not really sure which one I feel up to watching. But I was thinking if I do get into one I would do an episode review thread for it... as I haven't done that with any sitcoms yet. Though in this case I would probably review a disc at a time instead of an episode at a time in this case.

Looking through my collection... I think I could watch...

Bewitched
Elizabeth Montgomery stars as Samantha Stephens, a pretty, typical American housewife who just happens to be a witch in this beloved comedy classic.

for this show I have the first 3 seasons I could watch. I am really far behind collecting this series. Not sure... is this entire series out on DVD yet? I think it may be.

The Big Bang Theory
Physicists Leonard and Sheldon understand everything from the inescapable gravitational pull of a black hole to the intricate structure of the atom. But take those atoms and assemble them into a woman, and their comprehension comes to a grinding halt. And when Penny, a woman with all those atoms in all the right places, moves in aross the hall, Leonard and Sheldon's universe begins to expand in ways they could never have imaged.

While I feel I could watch this series again... If I remember right I have reviewed the episodes before... at least first season episodes. I think a bunch of us did a marathon viewing of season 1 when it was first released. If I was to watch this... I have the first 2 seasons.

The Brady Bunch
Here's the story... The COMPLETE story of America's most beloved TV sitcom family, The Brady Bunch©! This groovy and far-out collector's edition features al 117 hilarious episodes on 20 discs plus a special bonus disc featuring new-to-DVD Brady gems: The Brady 500, A Very Brady Christmas, and two episodes from The Brady Kids animated TV series!

You'll want to re-live the laughs again and again!

It's the way they became The Brady Bunch™!

I used to dislike this show when I was young... but for some reason seeing it as an adult... it really grew on me for some reason. I believe I asked about interest in an episode review thread for this one once before... probably when I first got the set... but think I remember little to no interest for it. I of course have the complete series set for this.

The Dick Van Dyke Show
Trip into the living room of comedy writer Rob Petrie (Dick Van Dyke) along with his lovely wife, Laura (Mary Tyler Moore), wisecracking co-workers and nutty neighbors. Winner of 15 Emmy® Awards, this groundbreaking series is consistently ranked among the top TV comedies of all time and renowned for its top-notch cast and stellar writing.

This is a great classic sitcom that I haven't seen in a while. This is another series I have every episode for. Lasted five seasons.

Doogie Howser, MD
Neil Patrick Harris stars as Douglas "Doogie" Houwser, a whiz kid who breezed through high school in 9 weeks, graduated from Princeton at 10 and passed his medical board at 14. But as a 16-year-old doctor, Doogie must now find a way to balance the demands of professional medicine with the everyday pressures of being a teenager.

Another fun series that I have all four seasons of.

Friends
Friends is an American sitcom created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, which ran on NBC from September 22, 1994 to May 6, 2004. The series revolves around a group of friends in the borough of Manhattan, New York City.

Another sitcom I have always loved. If I watch this one I have all 10 Seasons in my collection. And who knows... if I do this one... I may cap it off with reviews of season 1 of Joey.

M*A*S*H
Korea, 1950. They were a MASH (Mobile Army Surgical Hospital) unit stationed three miles from the front. Incoming helicopters full of wounded brought the horrors of war to them daily and sometimes bullets flew right outside the operating room door. Hilarity and hijinks were all that kept them sane. Now journey back to that special place where friendships were forged, laughter was found and drinks were served.

Another great series that never gets old. If I attempt this one I own all 11 seasons to go through.

Sabrina: The Teenage Witch
Pretty teen witch Sabrina Spellman (Melissa Joan Hart) lives with her two otherworldly aunts, Hilda (Caroline Rhea) and Zelda (Beth Broderick), along with Salem, their talking black cat (voice of Nick Bakay). The Witches Council long ago ordered her aunts to teach Sabrina witchcraft once she turned sixteen. Now she can be in Paris for lunch...and make it back in time for biology! The show that found its way into the hearts of millions of viewers each week brilliantly combines the supernatural world of magic with the average life of a teenage girl.

I have the first 5 seasons of this one I could watch.

Too Close for Comfort
Cartoonist Henry Rush (Ted Knight) and his loving wife, Muriel (Nancy Dussault), have just hit upon a surefire plan to keep their maturing family intact. Daughters Jackie (Deborah Van Valenburgh) and Sara (Lydia Cornell) may be all grown up, but that doesn't mean these proud parents are ready to sit back and watch them venture out into the big, bad world on their own. Not by a long shot!

So when an apartment unexpectedly opens up in their San Francisco row house, logic dictates that they lease it to those that they want to hold dear–and, most importantly–near! But with a sexy blonde bombshell for one daughter and a smart and sassy brunette for the other, the Rushes might be getting far more than they bargained for. Never mind the wacky, ever-present social misfit that they soon have to contend with daily –Monroe (JM J Bullock). Why, it's enough to drive any parent crazy!

And though it may have once innocently seemed like a sound solution, this upstairs-downstairs living arrangement may quickly prove that for all involved it's far too easy to be, well, perhaps just a little.... Too Close For Comfort!

Another one I haven't watched in a long time... but always enjoyed every minute of. I have the first 2 seasons of this series. I just wish they would release some more!

I know I listed many series above... but to be honest... that is only about half the sitcoms I have in my collection. And that is also why I am posting this thread... so many shows I feel like I could watch is making it very hard to pick one. So I am once again asking for help to decide. Which sounds like a good one to watch... and probably write a review thread for?
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Sitcoms
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 07:32:19 AM »
I've been thinking about watching Big Bang Theory again myself.  The third season will be out in a week...I just preordered it too. 

I just to watch Too Close for Comfort..I can't remember much, but I remember liking it.  I hadn't realized it was on DVD.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »
Unfortunately only the first two seasons. They had season 3 on the schedule to release... but it never happened.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 03:15:57 AM »
I hate when that happens.  :(  It is highly annoying for shows to start being released and then have something stop it before all the seasons are out.

I'm still waiting on the last season of Mork & Mindy.  I picked up 2 seasons of Laverne & Shirley...and from what I can tell only about 4 seasons have been released of that one too.

Rogmeister

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 04:47:20 PM »
I like "Boy Meets World"...they released the first 3 seasons, the 4th was announced (sites even had images of the cover) but then it got canceled.  One company has picked up the rights and they're first re-issuing the first 3 seasons but they could then start releasing the follow-up seasons.

This reminds me I should get the rest of Leave It To Beaver which is now getting its other seasons released.  For the longest time, only the first 2 seasons were available.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 07:19:15 PM »
I think there has been some sort of delay with The Muppet Show too.  Three seasons have been released - and I have them all.  I swear I saw something last year about the 4th being released...even a potential cover...now nothing.

snowcat

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 06:42:09 PM »
I love boy Meets World... I wish it had a UK release... its expensive to import.

as for the Muppet Show... I have read somewhere recently that season 4 will be released in late 2010/ early 2011 ... I hope so because Im literally just watching season one on DVD now.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 04:33:20 AM »
I hope so too.  I've been waiting since season 3 came out.   :laugh:

hal9g

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 04:22:50 PM »
I'm a little late to the party, but, The Dick Van Dyke Show is, in my opinion, the best sitcom ever to appear on TV!  (M*A*S*H comes in a close second)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 05:06:46 PM »
I really enjoy both those shows as well. I watched both seasons of Too Close for Comfort since starting this thread... and still feel in the mood for sitcoms... just not sure what I am in the mood for... and not so sure I can do a whole series run before October gets here.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 08:01:47 PM »
I'm a little late to the party, but, The Dick Van Dyke Show is, in my opinion, the best sitcom ever to appear on TV!  (M*A*S*H comes in a close second)

Now there's someone who has never seen The Good Life...  ;)

hal9g

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 09:35:35 PM »
I'm a little late to the party, but, The Dick Van Dyke Show is, in my opinion, the best sitcom ever to appear on TV!  (M*A*S*H comes in a close second)

Now there's someone who has never seen The Good Life...  ;)

True enough!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:40:02 PM by Hal »

lovemunkey187

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 11:58:32 AM »

Now there's someone who has never seen The Good Life...  ;)

or Porridge