Author Topic: Dexter Episode Review Thread  (Read 11102 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Dexter Episode Review Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 12:27:36 AM »
Dexter: Season 2

6. Dex, Lies, and Videotape
Air Date: 11/4/07
Dexter discovers he has some competition, a copycat killer who claims to be inspired by the Bay Harbor Butcher's dirty work; Dexter becomes romantically drawn to Lila.  

Guest Stars:
JoBeth Williams as Gail
Silas Weir Mitchell as Ken Olson
Salvator Xuereb as John Henry
Jaime Murray as Lila
Keith Carradine as Special Agent Frank Lundy

My Thoughts:
Another episode that I enjoyed... but not as much as usual. All because I don't  care for the Lila character and she was once again a major part of the storyline. Everything else in the episode was very good though.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2010, 02:05:35 PM »

7. That Night, A Forest Grew
Air Date: 11/11/07
In an attempt to shake the task force off his trail, Dexter sends a manifesto to the newspaper detailing previously unreleased information and he also sets up Doakes in an effort to get him off his case. Also, Deb's relationship with Special Agent Lundy takes a surprising turn; and Rita confronts her intrusive mother.

Guest Stars:
JoBeth Williams as Gail
Margo Martindale as Camilla
Dale Midkiff as Mr. Wilson
S. A. Griffin as Don
Jaime Murray as Lila

My Thoughts:
This one I liked a bit more. I still don't like the Lila storyline... but I really liked the way Dexter handled Doakes. I am also enjoying the storyline with Debra.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2010, 08:56:27 PM »

8. Morning Comes
Air Date: 11/18/07
Special Agent Lundy decides to take the investigation "where the chase leads [them]," pointing in the direction of the police force; a nosy neighbor supplies Deb and Batista with a lead in the case; Dexter is attacked by an assailant he recognizes as the "rededicated serial killer" who murdered his mother.

Guest Stars:
Tony Amendola as Santos Jimenez
Bruce Weitz as Lenny Asher
Jaime Murray as Lila
Christina Robinson as Astor

My Thoughts:
Another episode I enjoyed quite a bit. It has a good continuation of the main storyline. And I loved the confrontation between Dexter and Lila at the end of the episode. Sgt. Doakes getting so close to the truth about Dexter again makes the episode even more interesting.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2010, 11:28:16 PM »

9. Resistance Is Futile
Air Date: 11/25/07
Dexter tries to stay one step ahead of Lundy's manhunt for the Bay Harbor Butcher, while also trying to distance himself from Lila (Jaime Murray), which she is determined not to allow.

Guest Stars:
Geoff Pierson as Captain Tom Matthews
Peter Macon as Leonis
Tony Amendola as Jimenez Santos
Devon Graye as Teenage Dexter
Brian Scolaro as Lab Tech #1

My Thoughts:
Now this is a good episode! I enjoyed every second of it. They are starting to wrap things up now... and Lila was barely in this one. I really like where they are going with the storylines!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 01:26:17 AM »

10. There's Something About Harry
Air Date: 12/2/07
The ever-persistent Doakes tracks down Dexter to the scene of his latest killing, where he devastates Dexter with a surprising revelation about Harry; Lundy's task force zeroes in on the Bay Harbor Butcher.

Guest Stars:
Christina Robinson as Astor
Preston Bailey as Cody
Adam Lieberman as Federal Agent
Tyson Chambers as Chad

My Thoughts:
I love it when we get close to the end of the season like this. Some of the best episodes are towards the end of each season. This is another great continuation of the main storyline.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 03:30:01 PM »

11. Left Turn Ahead
Air Date: 12/9/07
Dexter is faced with a momentous decision that affects those closest to him, while his relationship with Lila hits another snag when she discovers a secret about him and tries to use it to blackmail him.

Guest Stars:
Peter Macon as Leonis
Jonathan Banks as FBI Deputy Director Max Adams
Tony Colitti
Jaime Murray as Lila

My Thoughts:
Another excellent episode as this season is now all but over. Only one episode left to go. In this one Dexter considers turning himself in. I got a bit of a kick out of all the different ways he imagined Debra reacting to the news.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »

12. The British Invasion
Air Date: 12/16/07
Special Agent Lundy and the task force believe they've solved the case of the Bay Harbor Butcher, but Dexter might not yet be out of the woods as Lila discovers his "enormous secret" and tries to use it against him.

Guest Stars:
Jonathan Banks as FBI Deputy Director Max Adams
Dominic Janes
Jaime Murray as Lila

My Thoughts:
An excellent conclusion to the second season. Loved every minute of it. It is funny how I forgotten so much about the first two seasons. But that made for a great viewing experience as it was almost like watching it for the first time again.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2010, 05:06:35 PM »
Well... that is it for now. That is as far as I can go until I can get my hands on the 3rd season.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »
Haven't seen S4 yet. Unfortunately, I did run into a big spoiler regarding a main character some time ago.
Same for me.
(click to show/hide)

For a long time I pondered whether I should buy Season 4 or not. I am usually not so fond of buying into series that are still going on, not knowing how many series I will have to buy eventually. However, just two weeks ago I decided I will buy it after all and look forward to doing so soon.