Author Topic: Previewed DVD and BluRay at Videotron's Superclub  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Eric

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
Previewed DVD and BluRay at Videotron's Superclub
« on: July 27, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »
I know I know................true collectors don't buy previewed DVD but I sold most of my collection 2 years ago remember ?

I heard and ad on the radio today, Videotron's Superclub claims to sell previewed DVD's and BluRay's cheaper than anyone else and with a lifetime warranty.

Maybe worth checking for the fake collectors like me   ::)

Najemikon

Re: Previewed DVD and BluRay at Videotron's Superclub
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 07:21:24 PM »
I've bought a lot of second-hand and previewed discs. Never had a problem and saved a fair bit of cash. To be honest, any collector that doesn't at least consider them is being elitist and is clearly made of money.

Plus, I get some of mine from Blockbuster and they're guaranteed for 6 months. The one thing I'm careful of is that if I pick a rental edition, that it matches the extras on the retail, for instance I've avoided Black Swan and True Grit for that reason. The last one I bought was The Fighter Blu-Ray (retail edition too). It was £8, a couple of weeks after release. It's still just shy of £15 new. No contest. :shrug:

RossRoy

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 08:14:55 PM »
What I don't like about previewed copies is that they are often a specially made-for-rental pressing, lacking a lot of extras that should be there. but if I can get my hands on an identical to the new, but previewed copy, I'm all for it!

but I never remember to go to videotron for previewed copies .. i usually just go to amazon marketplace

Offline Eric

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 08:33:45 PM »
I guess it's "coming out day" for me...........................not only do I like previewed DVD's but I'm not at all interested in extras  :bag:

I'm all for barebones.

I wish there was a Videotron Superclub near my place.

Edit: There's nothing like google search when you need something.

http://www.superclub.videotron.com/news.aspx?id=2092

3 for 10$............................I'm going tonight  :yahoo:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:35:27 PM by Eric »

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 03:16:41 PM »
I seldom buy new anymore unless they are at Big Lots for $3. My favorite new place is a little pawn shop close by.

They sell DVDs for $2.00 apiece or $1.50 each if you buy 100. I couldn't believe it but these included Box Sets, Criterion and BluRays.

I've watched a dozen or so and so far every one has played perfect. Of course I checked each disc for obvious flaws before I bought them. A few of the cases aren't pristine, but for that price I could care less.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 11:31:04 PM »
What I don't like about previewed copies is that they are often a specially made-for-rental pressing, lacking a lot of extras that should be there.
Almost feel like a déjà vu :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 06:58:13 AM »
I've gotten some used movies before.  I haven't gotten any in a while.  There is a store that opened in town that sells used movies..and video games and CDs.  I've been meaning to go there and look around, but I haven't managed it yet.