Author Topic: YesAsia  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
YesAsia
« on: August 20, 2010, 03:07:59 PM »
I am wanting to order a DVD from YesAsia but I am missing a few dollars to get free shipping. Are there any DVD releases on their site you think I just must have? Any recommendations?

lovemunkey187

Re: YesAsia
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
Exiled - I've been meaning to pick this one up for a while, but I keep forgetting the name :bag:.

<edit>
Just looked on amazon.co.uk and HOLY FUCK!!!!! :o
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 03:39:31 PM by lovemunkey187 »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 04:35:37 AM »
I have placed an order, well actually two, with YesAsia but I am not really happy with them so far.

It may indeed not be entirely their fault, but they are struggling to get authorization for the credit card payment (or so they say). I have called my bank and they said that they received a request for the second order, and approved it, but nothing for the first order :headscratch: Yet here is YesAsia telling me they can't get approval. I tried a second credit card, they still can't get approval, sayig that some credit cards just can't be used online like that (the former one is the one I do all my online shopping with). It almost seems like they are manouvering to the point where I must use PayPal, meaning I pay before  they ship, something I am not a fan of.

Unfortunately the orders are for stuff I can't find anywhere else so far (at least not a place I know), so I'll play along, but not happily...

Tom, what was your experience with them? Are you still using them now?

Anybody else ordered from them before?

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 07:11:08 AM »
I still use them and never had any problems.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 08:37:02 AM »
Maybe I am overthinking, but somehow I got this vibe...

Maybe they have genuine problems to connect with Deutsche Bank...? Maybe I am just unlucky here, having to credit cards having issues to get approved? Although, like I say, it's with them only :slaphead:

I know they have been around a long time and it's nice to see you still use them without troubles. I have been comparing prices with play-asia.com though, who seem slightly cheaper and even send to Taiwan for free. Unfortunately their selection is slightly smaller :(

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 05:22:09 PM »
Anybody else ordered from them before?
Used them one time to get an asian film I want (remember it's Art of the Devil 3 and you found it for me) two years ago. I didn't have anything bad to say about my experience (they were certainly better than Deep Discount DVD or DVD Pacific), maybe you are just unlucky...

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 07:31:31 AM »
Well, maybe I am just unlucky.

Maybe I am overthinking and they really just have trouble getting the authorization (surprising though...).

They are very friendly about it and have always replied to my mails within 48 hours.

After paying by Paypal yesterday things seem to be sorted and both orders are being processed again. Some iterms are misisng and have been ordered from suppliers, others were in stock and are ready for shipment.