Author Topic: Bones Episode Reviews  (Read 32913 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Bones Episode Reviews
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 06:48:02 AM »
Brennan, not Brennen. ;)
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 08:09:38 AM »
It wasn't so much what happened, but how. It did make sense Angela was there. Brennan would have been arrested, if not shot!

Nope, 2 out of 5 for the opener! :P

You are forgetting something. They knew who Brennen was from  the start. The Home Security guy was only holding her as a favor to Booth. It was basically a joke Booth was playing on Brennen. So Brennen would have never been in any danger of being arrested or hurt.

As for Angela... she was there to pick her friend up from the airport. That is a very natural and common thing. Not sure what you see wrong there.

True, I did forget that. But I really don't have a problem with the plot or how Angela was there. You're right, that is normal. It's a while since I watched it, but I had the distinct impression that the writing and acting was just awful compared to the series proper. I'd have had more respect for it if they just introduced themselves on camera!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 02:49:23 PM »
Bones: Season 1

7. The Man on Death Row
Air Date: 11/22/05
The race against time is on as Brennan and Booth investigate the case of a death row inmate who may or may not have committed the murder for which he is about to be executed.

Guest Stars:
Rachelle Lafevre as Amy Morton
Michael Mantell as Larry Carlyle
Jeffrey Nordling
David Starzyk
Joan McMurtrey

My Thoughts:
Sure the whole save the man on death row has been done many times. But this one I found to be excellent. I liked the story a lot... and liked the way they ended it. Not in the way you would expect going into it. I got a kick out of the judge they had to wake up multiple times through the night. He was good for a couple chuckles.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 03:30:52 PM »

8. The Girl in the Fridge
Air Date: 11/29/05
Brennan reconnects with her old college professor--he's also her ex-boyfriend--as she investigates the case of a decomposed corpse found in a refrigerator.

Guest Stars:
Josh Hopkins as Michael Stires
Matt Ross as Neil Meredith
Alicia Coppola as Joy Deaver
Leonard Roberts as D.A. Andrew Levitt
Rachel Miner as Mary Costello

My Thoughts:
A good episode. I enjoyed the back and forth between Brennan and her old professor. For me the case took the back burner to the relationship between the two. Though it was interesting in it's own right. For the first time... the ending opened up another mystery. One we will hear more about in later episodes.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 04:13:52 PM »

9. The Man in the Fallout Shelter
Air Date: 12/13/05
The team is quarantined and must remain in the lab over Christmas when the examination of a corpse trips the building's biohazard system.

Guest Stars:
Jim Ortlieb as Hal
Heavy D. as Sid Shapiro
Margaret Avery as Ivy Gillespie
Billy F Gibbons as Angela's Father
Bob Bouchard as Mr. Addy

My Thoughts:
This is an excellent episode. Bones has a great cast that has wonderful chemistry together. I think this was a very good way to do a Christmas episode for this series. The story was well done... I really liked the hologram Christmas Tree Angela made... as well as all the gifts they made for each other. The case they worked on was interesting as well. This is the episode we find out that Booth has a son. I even liked Brennan's boss in this episode... and that is a character I don't normally like.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 05:47:22 PM »

10. The Woman at the Airport
Air Date: 1/26/06
Brennan and Booth head to Los Angeles to investigate the murder of a call girl whose extensive plastic surgery complicates the investigation, and Goodman and Hodgins clash while trying to authenticate an Iron Age skeleton.

Guest Stars:
Claire Coffee as Special Agent Tricia Finn
Harry Groener as Dr. Henry Atlas
Michael B. Silver as Dr. Kostov
Marika Dominczyk as Leslie Snow
Natalija Nogulich as Ivana Bardu

My Thoughts:
Not a bad episode. But it is far from a favorite. Basically just a standard filler episode. I found I didn't care too much for the story or the characters when it came to the case they were working on. It was a little fun watching Hodgins and the boss trying to work together. Over-all just an average episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 06:42:48 PM »

11. The Woman in the Car
Air Date: 2/1/06
A woman's body is found in a burned-out car, leading to the discovery that her child has been kidnapped.

Guest Stars:
Zeljko Ivanek as Carl Decker
Suzane Cryer as NSA Agent Pickering
Lawrence Pressman as Trent Seward
Jake Cherry as Donovan Decker
Jaime Ray Newman as Stacy Goodyear

My Thoughts:
As I said before... I always found the episodes involving young kids more dramatic. And this one is a good example of that. A good story. I liked the characters... and I think the case was done well.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 07:26:41 PM »

12. The Superhero in the Alley
Air Date: 2/8/06
The enigmatic death of a self-styled superhero calling himself Citizen 14 has Brennan and Booth searching for answers.

Guest Stars:
Judith Hoag as Helen Granger
Ivar Brogger as John Kelton
Aaron Paul as Stew Ellis
Josh Keaton as Tasutani the Terrible
Adriana DeMeo as Abigail Zealey

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode. The case is interesting.. especially for me since I am a lover of superhero movies. It was a fun thing seeing comic books come into the storyline of this show. I did find it a little surprising they made it that Zach didn't know about comic books... looking at this character you would have thought for sure he was a comic book geek.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 11:55:12 PM »

13. The Woman in the Garden
Air Date: 2/15/06
Dead bodies begin to pile up after the arrest of an El Slavadorian gang member, and Brennan and Booth suspect a possible link to a U.S. Senator.

Guest Stars:
Michael Cavanaugh as Senator Alan Corman
Dey Young as Kate Corman
Matt Barr as Logan Corman
Robert LaSardo as Gang Leader
Jose Pablo Cantillo as Jose Vargas

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode. I liked the interaction between Booth and Hodgins in this one once again. And the case they are working on is an interesting one as well. Once again... like in the pilot... they had to go investigate at the home of a senator. Of course Hodgins was all over that.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 12:39:15 AM »

14. The Man on the Fairway
Air Date: 3/8/06
Foul play is the obvious conclusion when Brennan determines that one of the bodies found at the site of a plane crash was not on board the flight.

Guest Stars:
Michael E. Rodgers as Jesse Kane
Michael Bowen as Ray Sparks
Shashawnee Hall as Ian Dyson
Christina Chambers as Karen Anderson
Marc Raducci as Eddie

My Thoughts:
While interesting... and worth the time to put into it. This isn't what I would call a great episode. I found I didn't care too much for the case they worked on for this episode. I did however like the way the looked at the relationship between Booth and Zach.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 01:32:38 AM »

15. Two Bodies in the Lab
Air Date: 3/15/06
Brennan's life is threatened by a hit man when the body of a mob boss washes ashore, re-opening a six-year-old investigation, while Booth is haunted by a murder resembling a case from his past.

Guest Stars:
Adam Baldwin as FBI Special Agent Jamie Kenton
Greg Ellis as Kevin Hollings
Coby Ryan Mclaughlin as David Simmons
Ron Marasco as Lewis Slater
Adam Lieberman as Agent Sander

My Thoughts:
Another episode I enjoyed quite a bit. I liked seeing Adam Baldwin in an episode. I also enjoyed the case a lot. Especially how it put Brennan in danger... making for a more exciting episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 02:13:54 AM »

16. The Woman in the Tunnel
Air Date: 3/22/06
Brennen and Booth go underground to solve the murder of a filmmaker killed while documenting the mysterious denizens of a subterranean tunnel system beneath Washington, D.C.

Guest Stars:
Glenn Plummer as Harold
Mary Mara as Helen Bronson
David Denman as Phil Garfield
Brian Gross as Kyle Montrose
Ryan Alosio as Duke Daillel

My Thoughts:
Another episode I liked quite a bit. Those tunnels looks like something that would have been fun to explore. It is a good thing we don't have anything like that in the area where I live or I would be off exploring all the time. Of course I would have hated to live down there as those people did. But just to spend some hours looking around...sure. The case in this one I found very interesting. I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time I saw it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2010, 02:23:20 AM »

17. The Skull in the Desert
Air Date: 3/29/06
Angela fears the worst when Brennan and Booth investigate the discovery of a human skull found in the desert where her boyfriend has recently gone missing.

Guest Stars:
James Parks as Sheriff Dawes
Clayton Rohner as Wayne Kellogg
Brent Briscoe as Larry Stansfield
Mercedes Colon as Professor Inez
Kalani Queypo as Alex Joseph

My Thoughts:
Another episode I enjoyed quite a bit. It has a good story that kept my interest through-out.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2010, 03:03:27 AM »

18. The Man with the Bone
Air Date: 4/5/06
A human finger-bone found in the clutches of a drowning victim leads to a search for buried treasure.

Guest Stars:
Robert Foxworth as Branson Rose
Rodney Rowland as Dane McGinnis
David Wells as Harley Frankel
Cullen Douglas as Harry Tepper
Fredric Lane as Giles Hardewicke

My Thoughts:
Another good one... I must have seen these first season episodes a good 4 or 5 times now... and I am still enjoying them just as much as the first time I saw them. This is a good story for Hodgins... as he gets caught up in the idea of diving for pirate treasure.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2010, 08:55:05 PM »

19. The Man in the Morgue
Air Date: 4/19/06
While in New Orleans to help identify the bodies of Hurricane Katrina victims, Brennan is thrust into the city's shadowy voodoo underworld, becoming the prime suspect in a grisly murder along the way.

Guest Stars:
Michelle Hurd as Detective Rose Harding
Scott Lawrence as Sam Potter
Patricia Belcher as Caroline Gillian
Victor Togunde as James Embry
Judd Trichter as Dr. Ryan Halloway

My Thoughts:
When I read the overview before popping this one in... I was less then enthusiastic about watching this one. But as it seems I forgot how much I enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun watching Brennan do her thing when she remembered absolutely nothing about the day before. As it turns out I forgot that this is one of my favorite episodes of the first season.

My Rating:
Pete