Author Topic: Oh No! Not That!....  (Read 5315 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Oh No! Not That!....
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 08:48:16 PM »
I was going to say... I never seen anything like that before!  :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 10:57:51 PM »
Oh no...It's horrible when a tv goes out. :(

I had a tv years ago that would turn itself on and off...I think that was a Zenith.  Maybe.  Hmm..can't remember now.  But I do remember it was really aggravating.

My mom and step dad had an RCA before they got their new one..they had it for years.  The picture still looked ok, but it was getting harder to turn on.  My aunt and uncle had a big screen RCA..after several years, they started having issues with it turning on and off.  They ended up just leaving theirs on most of the time.  That set, and the one my mom and step dad had, weren't turning themselves off.  It was just difficult to get them to come on.

Before I got my Blu-ray player, I had a cheap DVD player and it had the componet cable hook ups on it.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 03:01:43 AM »
I am sorry to hear your troubles Pete. I know it's terrible; being pushed having to spend money like this is already bad, but if there is even no warning it's even worse!

I once was without my TV for a week about three years ago and it was really strange. Hope you get it sorted out inexpensively and soon.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 03:25:12 AM »
We are going to hit a couple pawn shops tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can find something half way decent anyway.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »
Well... I am back in business! I searched the area and got the best TV I could find used at a pawnshop at the next town over. It is still the old CLT style TV... but I was able to upgrade on size a little... went from a 20in to a 24in... but that was a big enough difference that it didn't fit inside my entertainment center. I had to rearrange it and put the TV on top of the entertainment center instead of inside.

I also stayed away from RCA this time... the one I found is a 24in Sanyo....

They had it in there with a price tag of $90... I tried to talk them down the best I could... but could only get them down to $70. Not bad... but was a little more then I was wanting to pay. It does have a gorgeous picture though!  :thumbsup:
Pete

kahless

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 05:44:40 PM »
Good news, Pete! Enjoy your new telly!  :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 06:01:50 PM »
Thanks! I was hoping for a better deal.... but think I did ok considering. Now the hard part... what should I watch on it first?  :P
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 06:28:25 PM »
Thanks! I was hoping for a better deal.... but think I did ok considering. Now the hard part... what should I watch on it first?  :P

I'd go for something you know well and liked the picture quality on - better to compare ;)

Touti

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 06:37:08 PM »
what should I watch on it first?  :P

A bigger screen makes all the difference in the world...............you're gonna have to rewatch your entire collection Pete.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 06:59:03 PM »
Oh no!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 07:02:31 PM »
But you can't horror movies untill october, so it isn't that much to watch in august and september :dance:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 08:12:14 PM »
My favorite TV was a 19 inch Hitatchi I got at least 15, maybe 20 years ago. It had the best picture I'd ever seen. I was given a Christmas present of a 32 inch TV for Christmas a couple years ago so I switched to it but it isn't as good. I gave my friend the Hitatchi and I'm so tempted to ask for it back! So...bigger isn't always better!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 08:26:01 PM »
In this case the picture is at least as good as my old 20inch... so in this case bigger is better!  ;D It does seem very strange to have my TV up high on top of my entertainment center... instead of inside it... but I will get used to it I am sure.
Pete

kahless

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »
Well, in my experience a higher position of the tv is not so bad. Some years ago I had to change my tv position form 39 inch to 55 inch (I used Google for cm conversion - hopefully it's correct...). Originally it was only an intermediate solution because my media rack broke down and I used a normal (higher) cabinet. But today I simply like it as it is!  ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »
Yeah... I think I just have to get used to it is all. Once I do I will want it up high anyway.
Pete