Author Topic: Monday Mini-Marathon: Happy Birthday Sandra Bullock  (Read 16787 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Monday Mini-Marathon: Happy Birthday Sandra Bullock
« on: July 25, 2010, 03:50:06 PM »
Monday Mini-Marathon
Happy Birthday Sandra Bullock
As many of you already know. I have become a very big Sandra Bullock fan over the years. So when I recently discovered that July 26th is her 45th birthday how could I not take the day and watch some of her movies?

Below is my complete Sandra Bullock collection. And I am always looking for more to buy so if you have any suggestions on ones I am missing I would appreciate it very much! Normally I put in bold titles I haven't watched yet. But in this case I have seen all I have already! So I thought I would do my list a little different this time!

As always... if you would like to request a review... feel free. I will do my best. But no promises. Remember... this is a one day marathon so I am limited on time... and there is already a few I am looking forward to re-watching! I am always getting teased that I watch Miss Congeniality too much... so I am not sure if I will watch that one for this marathon yet or not.

My Sandra Bullock Collection:

28 Days
Demolition Man
Devine Secrets of the
Ya-Ya Sisterhood
Love Potion #9
Miss Congeniality
Miss Congeniality 2
Armed and Fabulous
Murder by Numbers
The Net
Practical Magic
Premonition
Prince of Egypt
The Proposal

Speed
Two Week Notice
The Vanishing
While You Were Sleeping

As I said... suggestions for titles I am sorely missing from my Sandra Bullock collection would be very much appreciated!
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Monday Mini-Marathon: Happy Birthday Sandra Bullock
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 03:54:12 PM »
As I said... suggestions for titles I am sorely missing from my Sandra Bullock collection would be very much appreciated!
Crash. She only has a smaller role in an ensemble cast, but one of her best at that.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 03:57:44 PM »
Thanks Achim! I am not familiar with that one at all! But Amazon has it fairly cheap... so may be on my next order (depending on money situation and other suggestions).  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 04:01:11 PM »
Pete - hold off for a day or two. I think I might have an extra copy to send you. I have a couple of boxes of DVDs from when my mom moved to Florida and I'm pretty sure this is one of them.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »
Wow! That would be awesome Kathy! I would definitely highly appreciate it!  :) of course I am willing to pay you something for it or maybe I can possibly send you something in retun!.. maybe The Sorority?... nah! I wouldn't do that to you!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 04:09:50 PM »
I didn't know today is her birthday. Another reason to watch "Two Weeks Notice" today. When I saw KC's review of "Two Weeks" an hour ago, I suddenly had the urge to watch "Two Weeks Notice".

I would recommend "The Thing Called Loved" for your collection, but as you stated after my review of it, it is not one you plan to add to your collection ;)
Another Sandy film that I own which is not on your list: "Forces of Nature". I only have seen it once and I remember not liking it all that much. That was almost ten years ago. One of these days I have to give it another go. Also I have "A Time to Kill" and "Speed 2", both movies I wouldn't necessarily recommend to you.

But one movie which I really enjoyed which is missing in your collection: "The Lake House"

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 04:15:58 PM »
Tomorrow actually... I just put it up a day ahead to prepare for it... and for suggestions and such. I mean after all that is why it is called a Monday mini-marathon!   :tease:

Thanks for the suggestions! I almost forgot what The Thing Called Love was until you reminded me of your review! I could have ended up buying that one not realizing it!  :laugh: Depending on the amount of music vs. the screen time of her I would consider it... but I would have to get it very cheap! :P

Forces of Nature is a maybe... if I find it cheap I would probably get it
A Time To Kill has been suggested to me before as a good movie and I must admit I am curious about it!
Speed 2 wasn't the best of movies... but I would grab cheap
The Lake House I don't know much about... but will look into it

Thanks for the suggestions!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 04:16:50 PM »
BTW... doubt I will watch Two Week Notice since I just watched it last weekend.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 04:24:43 PM »
You must watch A Time To Kill, Pete. I reviewed it here and although I'm critical of it, it's a fun movie and seriously, Bullock has never been cuter... :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 04:38:12 PM »
A Time to Kill is rather cheap on Amazon too! Only $7.49. They have another one for $5.99 but the aspect ratio is different... it says 1.77:1 instead of 2.35:1. I would think the 2.35:1 would be the one I want... right? Which was the OAR?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 04:41:46 PM »
Wow!... The Lake House is only $6.49! I may have to blind buy that one it is so cheap! :P
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 04:47:01 PM »
A Time to Kill is rather cheap on Amazon too! Only $7.49. They have another one for $5.99 but the aspect ratio is different... it says 1.77:1 instead of 2.35:1. I would think the 2.35:1 would be the one I want... right? Which was the OAR?

My Blu-ray has 2.40:1.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 04:47:31 PM »
Wow!... The Lake House is only $6.49! I may have to blind buy that one it is so cheap! :P

I think you won't regret it.

Najemikon

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 04:47:57 PM »

Interesting. I just consulted my Little Book of Widescreen and it lists a A Time To Kill as "unknown". I find that strange. A 1996 film with an unknown ratio?

A quick Google seems to suggest 2.35:1 is the correct one though. Would make sense especially in line with Tom's Blu.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 05:02:13 PM »
Thanks! I would have hated to get the wrong one!

Anyone here know..

- Two if by Sea ($8.49 @ Amazon)
- In Love and War ($8.99 @ Amazon)
- Welcome to Hollywood ($7.99)
- Hangmen ($6.99)

I would like to get... but still way too expensive...
- The Blind Side ($18.49)
- Biography: Sandra BullocK  ($22.49)
- Speed 2: Cruise Control ($14.98)
Pete