Author Topic: The Mask Marathon  (Read 14700 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: The Mask Marathon
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2010, 11:43:11 PM »

Ok, the "Not Finding Anything" virus strikes again because the rare episode "The Animated End" is not to be found.......but I did have a hard time finding regular episodes, so I should have expected this. On with Season 3!!

46. Magic A magical miss from Stanley's high school has returned, with alien illusions to distract her stealing spree.

My Thoughts: Haha, it was real cool seeing the Mask go ga-ga over a girl who liked Stanley better.....and he turned her down! :laugh:Decent episode, and you gotta love Doyle wanting to do a magic act with the Mask.  :thumbup:

47. Little Big Mask The Mask uses a youth rejuvenator to look younger, but it keeps working again...and again...and again.....

My Thoughts: Kind of a filler episode. Nothing really special.....except one line from the Mask that made my day:

"Hmm....funny how this product is available NOW when I need it most....but who am I to question the wisdom of this sorry plot device?"

You gotta love fourth wall breakage!! :laugh:

48. Fantashtick Voyage A computer virus accidentally brought into the real world by the Mask gets inside of Milo and makes him sick.

My Thoughts: Decent episode. Kind of a filler, but entertaining, like an episode of the Magic School Bus. You can't help but think that when you see a man ride through a doggy's stomach, brain, and ears!! Of coarse the Snozola-express is always the #1 exit!! :laugh:

49. They Came From Within When the Mask hides in a comic book from a convention to escape Kellaway and Doyle, he accidentally brings out 3 supervillains.

My Thoughts: WOW!! LOL!!! I know, I know, big geek moment here, but man! The Mask parodied Professor Xavier, Wolverine, Cyclops, the Silver Surfer, Spider-Man, and Superman!! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I loved this one so much......here's a link to part 1, parts 2 and 3 should be close in the side bar. ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLo6H85wbO8&NR=1

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2010, 08:13:08 PM »

50. To Have and Have Snot Even as Pretorius created a common cold germ snot-blob, the Mask cannot go into action with his cold as it is the one thing that can kill the Mask.

My Thoughts: This was really fun, the most exciting part looking at the Mask's symptoms. (VERY literal) Sneeze his head off, hacking cough, head cold, possibly overacting??

Still, I know that there was a thing between Stanley and Peggy in the movie, and here there isn't, being just friends (getting each other in trouble) but the chemistry is all there!! If I was in charge of this cartoon there would at least be a few dates or something!

51. Mystery Cruise The Mask invites Peggy, Lt. Kellaway, Doyle, Charlie, and Mrs.Peenman to his birthday party on a cruise ship, but Pretorius plans on sinking Edge City with a giant underwater earthquake.

My Thoughts: Wow, I never knew the Mask could have a birthday! I guess he means the anniversary of the day Loki created him. The birthday theme didn't impress me that much, but there was better comedy, like him taking off to Pretorius' underwater lair in a Submarine.................sandwich.

52. The Goofalotatots A group f small blue maniacs befriend the Mask and drive the city crazy.

My Thoughts: I ever thought the Mask would have kindred spirits like this.....I stand corrected! This is pretty much adding a parody of the Animaniacs. Who could forget Yakko, Wacko, and Dot?

(click to show/hide)

BTW, image also a Wallpaper if interested. :P Haha, awesome episode that brought a lot of stuff back to me!!

53. When Pigs Ruled the Earth Peggy and the Mask accidentally skip forward to a future where pigs rule the planet.

My Thoughts:Ok, the whole episode, there was a distinct "Planet of the Apes" vibe, pork edition. The whole show was ok, but the end was hilarious.

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2010, 08:45:55 PM »

I decided to post these two separate. The last episode of the Mask guest starred Ace Ventura, but...the episode continued in the Ace Ventura cartoon!
First! I found an Ace Ventura Opening!! Tell me if it's the wrong one, I'm not completely sure, the opening sounds sketchy.

54. The Aceman Cometh Stanley Ipkiss hires Ace Ventura to find Milo, who was kidnapped and brain-switched with a Professor.

My Thoughts: Haha, this made my day! 2 Jim Carrey rolls in one cartoon!! Oh the hilarity!!

"One of two things have happened. Either I've gone completely crazy, or you posses superhuman powers dictated by the Laws of Cartoon Physics."

"This guy Re-he-heally reminds me of me."

If you guys ever get the chance, I'll highly recommend by scream-typing at you: YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS!!!! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Ace Ventura: Have Mask Will Travel Stanley goes to Ace's apartment to retrieve his Mask and is inadvertently brought along to a Pet Detective case in outer space to find a lost space guinea pig.

My Thoughts:Just as good and funny as the last! (Don't even get me started on the Butt Hugger!! :laugh:) And when Ace sat on the Mask and became a "2 for 1" person? Hahahahaha!!! These two? Definite 5 out of 5!!!!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 08:51:32 PM by addicted2comics(:P) »

snowcat

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2010, 10:27:27 PM »
That theme you posted is the right animation but the wrong speed  ;)

I remember the Ace Ventura cartoon well, over here a kids magazine/comic thing was released to coincide with the series, the first issue had a "ace ventura pet detective card" I still have mine somewhere  :laugh: I should find it and embarrass myself!

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 10:38:35 PM »
Thanks Emma, would you believe that slow-ified version was the only one I saw on Youtube???? :o

Next up, the last of this marathon.......Son of the Mask!!! ;D

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2010, 10:56:18 PM »

Son of the Mask

The Plot: After wearing the Mask to a Halloween party, an aspiring cartoonist impregnates his wife, allowing the baby to have the power of the Mask. At the same time, Loki, Norse God of Mischief and creator of the Mask, comes after the baby to find the Mask himself.

My Thoughts: I heard other reviewers said they didn't like this movie. That it strayed too far away from what the Mask originally was. Though this is kinda out there, even for what began with a comic book, I'd have to disagree. The Mask, though originally portrayed as edgy and violent, is about what you've been hiding on the inside and the Mask releasing it. This movie did so, as a baby would come to it. In essence, the hard to swallow bit for the fans of the Mask, though they may not realize this is it, is the fact that there is a baby present, and what he is like inside is how he's gonna be, which would DEFINITELY not that violent!!

I have to say, I love the angle on Norse mythology. Odin, Loki, Boulder, and even Thor! (Heck, that's given me such an idea, I'm currently working on writing at crossover event at Marvel.com between Thor and the Mask!! ;D ) Like anything, the existing legend gives it a base of reality to sink in. Like, what if this really happened? I know I wouldn't hesitate to put it on!!   ;)

Some elements in the movie could use a little more help, though. Just the little inconsistencies, nothing major. Like, how did Tim fax his drawings when Alvy smashed it? How did Tim make his own cartoon when he was thrown out of the board meeting? How did the dog get his paws on the Mask at the end? (Ok, not so much that one, I know it's just for humor, but stay with me here! :P ) Like I said, nothing major, but I have an eye for the little things.

All in all, it's a great movie. Full of laughs, family values and all that. I'd say it's about a 4.5 out of 5 movie. ;D

snowcat

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2010, 11:03:47 PM »
Thanks Emma, would you believe that slow-ified version was the only one I saw on Youtube???? :o

0_0 Really? thats weird! I always thought it was a pretty popular cartoon.