Author Topic: Toy Story 3  (Read 17364 times)

Najemikon

Re: Toy Story 3
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2010, 11:55:09 AM »
Hey, if one of you guys wants to buy me an airplane ticket, cool! Toy Story 3 doesn't get released in the UK until the 18th July.  ;)

It was the 23rd June, but they've pushed it back because they recognise how high demand will be. I'm guessing, let the school term end.

Critter

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2010, 12:40:34 PM »
 :-[

Well that explains it haha, sorry we were all trying to hurry you along, I thought it had already been released in the UK.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2010, 12:42:46 PM »
Oops, sorry about that. :bag: Hadn't noticed that none of the participants in the discussion were from the UK.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2010, 10:09:21 PM »
Hey, if one of you guys wants to buy me an airplane ticket, cool! Toy Story 3 doesn't get released in the UK until the 18th July.  ;)

It was the 23rd June, but they've pushed it back because they recognise how high demand will be. I'm guessing, let the school term end.

When did the release date get moved?  I swear I heard in a story a week ago that the movie was opening last Friday in England.

Well...I suppose since it hasn't opened there yet, we'll accept that.

snowcat

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2010, 10:25:12 PM »
It opens at the end of July because as Jon said its because its optimum time for tickets, school will be out so they will hit a good audience, maximum amount of money possible.

Critter

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2010, 03:38:24 PM »
Just got back from seeing this for the third time with my Mum. We went at a 9:10pm session time and no one in the theatre was under 18, perfect. I loved it just as much as my first two viewings and my Mum also loved it. :thumbup:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2010, 03:43:33 PM »
I actually don't dare to watch it again so soon :fingerchew: :bag:

Critter

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2010, 03:46:33 PM »
Most people don't, but I have always been a huge culprit of repeat viewing in cinemas, usually close together too. I can see the same film up to 3 times in the space of one week and still not get sick of it (if it's a good film). I wouldn't dare to any more than that though. I understand most people couldn't do this as it's easy to get sick of a film if you watch it too much. But I find the time between cinema release and DVD release is a perfect break time to get ready to watch it again.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »
Umm, no, I meant I am not sure I am already prepared to get so emotionally drained again :bag:

I have seen few films in the cinema twice, and this most certainly fills the bill quite o.k. I am just worried about the last 15 minutes :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2010, 09:37:22 PM »
I don't have a problem seeing some movies more than once in the theater..especially when they are this good.  But like you, I'm sure I'm ready for that ending again.
(click to show/hide)

Critter

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2010, 03:24:25 AM »
Ah Achim, I see what you mean.
And to be honest that's one of the reasons why I love seeing it so many times.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2010, 03:27:13 AM »
Ah Achim, I see what you mean.
And to be honest that's one of the reasons why I love seeing it so many times.
(click to show/hide)

I understand what you are saying...and in a way it makes sense.  I do like that Pixar creates movies that are emotional...I'm just not sure I'm ready for that again.
It is still difficult for me watch the part about Jessie's past in the second movie because of this.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2010, 03:28:45 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Well, while I love the feeling to see that cinema can do this to me, it was a bit much on this one. I'd rather be properly scared by a good horror film (last time that happened was during The Descent; the claustrophic elements were the strongest though).

Critter

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2010, 03:29:44 AM »
I can understand that too, I dunno, like I said I'm probably strange, I get a weird thrill out of films making me overly emotional so I don't mind viewing those scenes over and over, even if they are close together.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2010, 03:35:56 AM »
I am certainly looking forward to the Blu-ray though. Maybe the viewing it on the small screen will lessen the impact. :laugh: