Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Unwatched DVDs  (Read 17199 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Unwatched DVDs
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 02:41:52 PM »

Title: Good Against Evil
Year: 1977
Director: Paul Wendkos
Rating: NR
Length: 84 Min.
Video: Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: N/A

Stars:
Dack Rambo
Elyssa Davalos
Richard Lynch
Dan O'Herlihy
John Harkins
Jenny O'Hara

Plot:
A young couple is forced to confront the ultimate horror when Satan decides to claim the young woman as his own. The boyfriend consults with two priests in the hopes of getting guidance on his spiritual dilemma. The two priests in turn decide to perform an exorcism in order to rid the woman of her possession. The boyfriend and the exorcists are pitted in a battle for the woman's soul with Satan and his clan of worshipers.

Extras:
Scene Access

My Thoughts:
This is another movie from the Horror Classics 100 Movie Pack that I recently bought. When I decided to watch this one next I went online to see what I could learn about the movie ahead of time. I am glad I did this as it prepared me for what I was about to see. This is actually a TV Movie that was meant to be a pilot movie for a TV Series that never happen. Because of this it left some things (Actually the main storyline) open at the end of the movie... hampering the enjoyment some. But since I went in expecting this... it didn't bother me as much as it normally does. Though I would have of course liked to seen an ending for the main storyline.  And I will probably not watch this movie often because of this. In this movie you get to see an early role for Kim Cattrall (Samantha on Sex and the City). Though you don't see her till the last half hour of the movie. Over all it is a good story and I did enjoy what I did get to see. Though it is a bit dated as it does have that '70s feel to it. It is a shame the TV Series never came to be. I think it would have made a decent series... at least for a season. The quality of this one kind of surprised me since it is in that 100 movie set... both the picture and sound quality are good.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2010, 03:27:51 PM »
The Brave One is one of the few Jodie Foster movies of the last 20 years I've not seen.  I'll have to catch it sometime.  I gave it to my dad for a present a year or two ago so there is a handy copy within my grasp.  And I'm glad you reviewed that copy of White Zombie.  I've been bugging you to review it since I sent it to you...now I'll have to find someting else to bug you about!  :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 03:30:41 PM »
No worries Roger... you can always bug me about the John Wayne movies!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2010, 07:03:43 PM »

Title: Ratatouille
Year: 2007
Director: Brad Bird
Rating: G
Length: 111 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Patton Oswalt
Ian Holm
Lou Romano
Brian Dennehy
Peter Sohn
Peter O'Toole

Plot:
From the creators of Cars and The Incredibles comes a breakthrough comedy with something for everyone. With delightful new characters, experience Paris from an all-new perspective. It's "terrific moviemaking!" raves Leonard Maltin of Entertainment Tonight.

In one of Paris' finest restaurants, Remy, a determined young rat, dreams of becoming a renowned French chef. Torn between his family's wishes and his true calling, Remy and his pal Linguini set in motion a hilarious chain of events that turns the City of Lights upside down.

Ratatouille is a treat you'll want to enjoy again and again.

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Closed Captioned
Animated Shorts "Your Friend The Rat" & "Lifted"

My Thoughts:
This time I watched on of Brittany's DVDs with her. And this one not only looks great... but it also is a fun story. Beyond that it is hard for me to find words to explain what I think of this one. Sure there is a lot here that is far beyond belief... but hey it is an animated movie. And one I do think is geared more towards the kids then adults. Though I do believe adults will enjoy it as well.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2010, 09:36:34 PM »

Title: Scooby-Doo and the Legend of the Vampire
Year: 2003
Director: Scott Jeralds
Rating: NR
Length: 72 Min.
Video: Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Casey Kasem
Frank Welker
Nicole Jaffe
Heather North Kenney
Phil Lamarr
Michael Bell

Plot:
Music, mystery and a legendary Australian vampire are all part of the mix as Scooby-Doo goes Down Under for a hair-raising adventure in this all-new Scooby-Doo movie!

On vacation in Australia, Scooby-Doo and the Mystery, Inc. gang attend a music festival held at Vampire Rock. But the music goes flat when the gang learns that a legendary Australian creature called the Yowie Yahoo is kidnapping the musical acts and turning them into vampires!

Masquerading as a heavy metal band, Scooby-Doo and the gang must survive a trio of rock-and-roll vampires if they want to crack the outlandish Outback mystery surrounding The Legend of the Vampire!

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Interactive Games
Music Videos
DVD-ROM Content
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is another one from Brittany's Collection that she wanted me to watch with her. I always been a fan of Scooby-Doo every since I was a kid. But this is one of several of the newer movies I never seen. This one messes with my mind a bit. On the one hand it has to do with Vampires. And I love pretty much anything Vampires. On the other... it takes place at a music festival... and I hate music! So needless to say this is not my favorite Scooby Doo movie. Though it does gain points with the vampire storyline.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2010, 09:50:39 PM »
So Brittany took control of Father's Day DVD watching :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2010, 09:53:08 PM »
That's OK... at least I got to spend time with her!  ;D
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2010, 10:23:33 PM »
That's OK... at least I got to spend time with her!  ;D

Now THAT is a Happy Father's Day.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
Yes it is!  :yahoo:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2010, 06:43:06 AM »
Title: Scooby-Doo and the Legend of the Vampire

So Brittany took control of Father's Day DVD watching :laugh:
But look, there was Vampires!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2010, 07:22:39 AM »
But it's Scooby Doo so we all know that the vampires are in fact real estate agents who want to develop the Vampire Rock area as an hotel or a tourist attraction and not vampires :laugh: