Author Topic: Haunted Marathon  (Read 2425 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Haunted Marathon
« on: June 12, 2010, 03:52:24 PM »
Haunted: The Complete Series
ONCE HAPPILY MARRIED and the rising star of the Seattle police force, Frank Taylor's guilt over the kidnapping of his son destroyed his marriage and cost him his job. Two years later, now a private investigator specializing in finding missing persons, Frank is shot by a suspect whom he in turn kills.

On the operating table Frank (Matthew Fox) is declared dead, but then is miraculously revived. Afterwards, however, Frank begins to have strange episodes. He hears unusual noises and sees people who aren't there, including the suspect he killed, and realizes that he's still connected to the world of the dead. Frank is desperately frightened, until he comes to realize that his hauntings can help him solve cases and save lives, and may ultimately help him solve the mystery of what happened to his son.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. Fidelity
3. Grievous Angels
4. Nexus
5. Blind Witness
6. Nocturnal Tide
7. Abby
8. A Three Hour Tour
9. Simon Redux
10. Last Call
11. Seeking Asylum

Stars:
Matthew Fox as Frank Taylor
Russell Hornsby as Marcus Bradshaw
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Haunted Marathon
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 03:54:42 PM »
I am almost done with NCIS now...and thought I would check out this series next. I remember some interest in this one when I first brought it up... so thought I would do a thread for it. Being only 11 episode this one could go very fast... or it could go fairly slow. Depending on how much I get into the show. Though I do expect I will be only watching an episode or two at a time.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 01:01:30 AM »
Haunted: The Complete Series Marathon

1. Pilot
Airdate: Sept. 24, 2002
Lost souls haunt a private investigator (Matthew Fox) and help him solve cases.

Guest Stars:
Lynn Collins
John F. Mann
Robert Knepper
Gary Chalk
Michael Eklund

My Thoughts:
I know it is early to say... as this is only the pilot. But from what I have seen from the pilot alone... I think I am going to like this show. And I will end up being sorry it didn't last. That it was canceled after only 7 episodes! But so far I am finding the series very interesting. This show has some great atmosphere.  Though I wouldn't say it is all good. It does have it's problems. One being that the majority of the scenes are pretty dark and it is sometimes hard to see exactly what is going on. Plus I am not really too happy with the way they did the ghosts. Basically if you don't know ahead of time that they are ghosts... you have a hard time telling. As there is no real make-up or special effects for them. They just look like a normal person standing there. But while I do hope they do something about this in future episodes... it is not so bad where it would stop me from watching.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 02:25:33 AM »

2. Fidelity
Airdate: Oct. 8, 2002
A man accused of murdering his wife hires Frank to find the real killer.

Guest Stars:
Lynn Collins
John F. Mann
Pauley Perrette
Ken Marino
Todd Patrick Breaugh

My Thoughts:
While getting the air dates the first thing I noticed is that the episodes on this disc is not in the order they aired. As this is the 3rd episode to air.. not the second. I hate when they do that! I don't know how well you can tell from the picture above... but that is Pauley Perrette... who I just finished watching on NCIS (Abby). The episode itself is another good one. I am sorry that Pauley Perrette's character is for only one episode. As I liked her character a lot. She played an amateur sleuth.  And I think she would have made a good permanent character. Or at least a recurring one. This episode still had the ghosts looking fairly normal... thought there was a few more effects done in this episode. And there was still quite a few really dark scenes. Over-all this is another episode I enjoyed quite a bit.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 10:46:14 AM »

3. Grievous Angels
Airdate: Oct. 1, 2002
Frank searches for a missing teen last seen among club-goers in Los Angeles' underground music scene.

Guest Stars:
Michael Irby
A.J. Buckley
Josh Holland
Zachary Quinto
Kristina Anapau

My Thoughts:
This one... while 3rd in the set was actually the second one to air. While still good... I didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the last couple.The main storyline is pretty good... but it didn't help me any that it took place in the music scene. I still find this show too dark in a lot of scenes.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 03:46:45 PM »

4. Nexus
Airdate: Unaired
A police psychiatrist hires Frank to find stolen audiotapes; Frank delves into Simon's life to banish the villain's ghost.

Guest Stars:
John F. Mann
Michael Irby
Mili Avital
Benjamin Benitez
Maria Arcé

My Thoughts:
The episodes in this set seem to be very much out of order.  This is actually the first of the unaired episodes. From what I could tell it would have been episode #8 if it had aired. It is a good episode. I really enjoyed the storyline and liked the ghost that was in it. I also enjoyed how Frank took the upper hand with the main on-running ghost (Simon) that he has to deal with.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 04:45:05 PM »

5. Blind Witness
Airdate: Oct. 22, 2002
Frank experiences blindness when trying to unearth the truth behind a homeless man's death and the disappearance of a wealthy woman.

Guest Stars:
Lynn Collins
Michael Irby
Bianca Lawson
Alexander Martin
Ray Campbell

My Thoughts:
This is actually the 5th episode to air... so it is in it's right place. I wish I could say that for all of them. It is another pretty good episode. I liked the storyline... I still not liking how dark the series is. This episode completes the first (of 2) discs in the set. And so far I would say over-all it seems to be a good show. Sure there may be one or two things I would have changed. But at this point I am thinking it got canceled without a fair chance.

My Rating:
Pete