Author Topic: Tower of Terror Trivia Game (Creation thread)  (Read 11375 times)

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Tower of Terror Trivia Game (Creation thread)
« on: June 14, 2010, 01:05:19 AM »
Just moving this stuff here so I can work on it. When it's finished, I will delete it and start the game in a new thread.

The game will be played in a tower of 10 floors above ground and 4 floors below ground. There will be a maximum number of 10 players. Everyone will start on the ground floor. There is only 1 room on each floor, but in each room there are 4 doors, 1 to a wall, named North, South, East & West wall. The object of the game is to get to the top of the tower, at which time the bat smiley  :bat: will be affixed to your name (denoting your success at getting to the top) and  getting back to the ground floor with at least 1 Hit point left, and you are the winner.

Each door on a floor will be different when you open it. Here's the possibilities of what's behind the doors...

Stairwell - Goes up one floor or down one floor
Ladder - Goes up two floors or down two floors
Dumbwaiter - Goes up three floors or down three floors

Each of the above needs only 1 question answered to use. Incorrect answers for these will result in a loss of turns in number to the floor level associated. Therefore, Stairwell = 1 turn, Ladder = 2 turns and Dumbwaiter = 3 turns.

Elevator - You'll tell me how many questions your willing to gamble on, with a minimum of 3, up to the amount you need to get to the top of the tower, or if you're going down after reaching the top, up to the amount needed to get to the ground floor. For every correct answer you go up one floor, for every incorrect answer, you go down one floor. Vice versa  if your on your descent.

Fire Escape - Once again you will wager on a certain amount of questions you will answer. Get them all right, and you move the associated number of floors you wagered. Answer 1 question wrong, and you fall to your death and you're out of the game.

Slide - Automatically slides you down one floor. No question needed to be answered.

Trap Door Slide - You automatically slide down to the bottom floor of the basement. Once again, no question. No Hit points lost.

Revolving Door - Automatically places you back in the room on the floor you were on. If you find a Revolving Door, you can either sit out that turn or take a chance on 1 of the remaining doors on the floor. If someone opens a Revolving Door and there are other players on the floor who haven't selected the same door, the player who selected it will have their option before the others on the floor are notified of what's behind their chosen door.

Vertical Shaft - When you find a Vertical Shaft, you can either climb up or down any number of floors you choose to wager. If you answer a question incorrectly, you fall all the way to the 4th level in the basement. For very floor you fall, you lose a Hit point. If you have no Hit points left at the bottom, you are dead and out of the game.

Closet - You lose your turn for that round, and are stuck inside until the next one.

Locked Cage - For every floor you are on above ground, you must answer a trivia question or guess a screencap. Get one wrong and you are dead, and out of the game. Get them right and you sit out that turn in safety. Needless to say, you want to avoid the Locked Cage.

Magic Door - You can either take a chance on moving up or down 3 floors, or you can make an adversary move up or down 3 floors by answering a question or guessing a screencap. Get the question wrong and you've chosen to move yourself, you move in the opposite direction. If you've chosen to move someone else, they move forward 3 floors, depending on where they are in their progression.

Random Floor Portal - When you find one of these, you will have to make a choice. Do I answer a question and accept the floor I'm deposited on, or do I skip my turn. Before you make your choice, I will PM the other players with the floor that awaits you, so that they'll know what could happen to you, and to insure that I'm not rigging it against a player.

Time Portal - This door does not exist in the first 5 rounds, but starting with the sixth round, you either transport yourself or any one of your adversaries to any previous point in the game and the associated floor at that time. You must answer a question or guess a screencap to make it work. Get the question wrong and you automatically are sucked into a wormhole and you are deposited on the 4th floor of the basement.

On the First subterranean floor: Of the four doors on this floor, the 1st door will be a Trap Door Slide that takes you down to the 4th floor automatically. The 2nd door will have a famous movie killer behind it. The 3rd door could be either a Stairwell, Ladder or Dumbwaiter, with associated risks and rewards. The 4th door will be a Locked Cage, and to differentiate it from a surface cage, a subterranean Locked Cage requires you to fight a Battle Royale (see below) against all 7 famous movie killers to proceed.

On the Second subterranean floor: The 1st door could be either a Slide or a Trap door. The 2nd door will also have a famous movie killer behind it. The 3rd door will either be a Closet, Magic Door or Revolving Door. The 4th door is either a Stairwell or Ladder.

On the Third subterranean level: The 1st door has famous movie killer behind it. The 2nd door is either a Time Portal or Closet. The 3rd door is a Vertical Shaft. The 4th door is either a Slide or a Stairwell.

On the Fourth subterranean level: All 4 doors have a famous movie killer behind them.

Here is how the subterranean levels will be played:

When you find a killer, the only way to beat him is to answer a trivia question that will come from any of the killer's associated films. If at anytime, you are battling a killer, and you answer the question incorrectly, you are dead and out of the game.

If you are on Level 1, you play as if you are on an above surface level. If you open the door with the Locked Cage behind it, you will have to answer 7 questions, each question from a film with the associated killer (Battle Royale). If you answer all 7 questions right, each killer becomes a Zombie and you will be able to place 1 Zombie behind 1 door on an above ground floor. Only 1 zombie per floor. The whereabouts of these Zombies will only be known to you and the moderator. Only 1 person can win a Battle Royale. Once it has been achieved, the 4th door becomes a Closet.

Levels 2 and 3 play like a normal floor.

If you are at the bottom of the tower on Level 4, you have the option of opening either 1, 2 or 3 doors, for every door you open, you must answer a killer associated trivia question. Answering correctly moves you up the total number of floors, equal to the amount of questions asked. If you are really feeling brave you can ask to Run the Gauntlet. If you choose this option, you will have to answer 4 killer associated trivia questions, if you are successful, you automatically return to the 1st floor. As an added bonus, for 1 turn, the 4 killers are enslaved by you. You can either set them all against 1 opponent, or separately against 4 opponents. If by chance, there are less than 4 opponents left, you must set them against 1 opponent. Once again, if you fail to answer a question correctly, you are dead and out of the game.

Each player will start the game with 3 Hit points. Hit points will be denoted by asterisks after your name and before the bat smiley.  :bat:

For every floor you successfully ascend for the first time, above ground, you will receive an additional Hit point.

If you defeat 1 of the famous killers, you will acquire an additional Hit point.

Defeat a Zombie and receive 2 Hit points added to your total.

Run the Gauntlet on the 4th subterranean level and you receive 5 Hit Points added to your total.

If a player has the 4 Zombies that were created in the Run the Gauntlet challenge, set against them by the successful gauntlet runner, and they defeat all 4, they receive an additional 10 Hit points added to their total. 2+2+2+2 for the 4 Zombies, and 2 for defeating all 4.

Fight and win a Battle Royale and add 7 Hit points to your total, plus 1 additional Hit point for every player killed by one of your hidden Zombies above ground.

For every turn you remain below ground, you will lose 1 Hit point.

If you feel that you can't answer a question correctly, you may sacrifice your Hit Points. The first time you choose this option, it will cost you 1 Hit point. Each successive time you choose this option, the amount of Hit points sacrificed increases by 1. You must have the appropriate amount of Hit points left to continue using this option. Therefore, if you only have 3 Hit points left and you've used this option 3 times already, you will not have the proper amount of Hit points left to pay the penalty.

Hit points cannot be sacrificed on Fire Escapes or a Vertical Shaft..
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 03:03:19 AM by Antares »

Najemikon

Re: Tower of Terror Trivia Game (Creation thread)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 01:17:34 AM »
Just don't delete the wrong one, eh? :tease:

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 01:19:17 AM »
I need 10 famous film killers for this game, I'm open to suggestions.

This is what I've got so far.

Norman Bates (Psycho)

Freddie Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street)

Michael Myers (Halloween)

Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th)

Count Dracula (Dracula)

Frankenstein (Frankenstein)

Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)

Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

I need at least 4 more or maybe better choices than these.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 12:32:46 AM by Antares »

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 01:19:55 AM »
Just don't delete the wrong one, eh? :tease:

One mistake when I was a Noob here and you're branded for life.  :slaphead:

hal9g

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 01:22:40 AM »
Hannibal Lecter

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 01:23:51 AM »
Hannibal Lecter

Christ!  :slaphead:, How did I forget him?  :stars:

hal9g

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 01:32:25 AM »
Jack the Ripper

hal9g

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 01:33:30 AM »
Jesse James (and gang)

Najemikon

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 01:39:08 AM »
Why stick with horror? Give Darth a room.:)

Otherwise, a throw back to previous choice, Samara(?) From the Ring.

John Doe from Seven

Can't think of anymore right now. Oh! Candyman or Pinhead or Leatherface or Bob the zombie from Day Of The Dead...

hal9g

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 01:40:26 AM »
Lex Luthor

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 01:41:04 AM »
Ed Gein
Henry Lee Lucas
Charles Manson
Ted Bundy
Jeff Dahmer
John Wayne Gacey

hal9g

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 01:43:10 AM »
Adolf Hitler

hal9g

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 01:46:10 AM »
As requested by Jon:

I was just thinking as I read your post that lifelines would be advisable if we are stuck with a film were haven't seen. Perhaps a way to earn more lifelines too? And a cheeky way to nominate another player to take the hit would be fun! :devil:

KinkyCyborg

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 05:52:20 AM »
Aileen Wuornos (Monster)
Jigsaw (Saw movies)
Mickey & Mallory Knox (Natural Born Killers)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:56:16 AM by KinkyCyborg »

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 08:27:48 AM »
For Frankenstein, do you mean the doctor or the monster?