Author Topic: Whaddya think of it so far?  (Read 5352 times)

Najemikon

Whaddya think of it so far?
« on: May 31, 2010, 03:23:11 AM »
Just wondered how the newbies were finding the place. :D After the flurry of activity, we've picked up several more members who are particularly active, which is great. Hope you all stick around!  :thumbup:

KinkyCyborg

Re: Whaddya think of it so far?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 03:41:33 AM »
I love it here! The sheer volume of active reviews have had me reading steady these past few days... so much so it's been cutting into my movie watching time!   :surrender:

You guys have obviously put a lot of time and effort into this site and you are all to be commended!  :thumbup: I look forward to being a contributor is any way I can and I hope to see my reviews as part of your amazing archive/database! 

KC

hal9g

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 04:15:54 AM »
I have spent a lot of time looking around, even though I haven't posted much.  I don't get to watch as many of my DVDs as I'd like to, so writing a review is not high on my priority list when I do find time.  But I am enjoying the reviews that others have posted, and have added numerous items to my wishlist as a result.

We have an incredible spectrum of tastes here which I find stimulating!  It may entice me to broaden my horizons!   :P

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 06:22:05 AM »
I too don't write many reviews. I often just chime in when I see other's reviews and add my opinion or some other point of view.

Alien Redrum

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 08:41:43 AM »
While I don't know how many reviews I'll do (I write reviews for another site that take up a ton of time :shutup: ), but I enjoy reading the ones here, as well as reading the other discussions.

And, man, it really is a good vibe here. It's reminds me of my two favorite forums (BPR and HorrorTalk) because it's so lighthearted. Definitely dig it.  :thumbsup:

snowcat

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 09:20:15 AM »
Well! Im glad your enjoying it guys! Im on a bit of a hiatus right now as my time and ability to get on here has dropped dramatically! I have not posted a review for a while... I should get back and write some... I tried to write one a while back for Gran Torino and it just wasn't coming out... maybe in my new quest for film knowledge I will develop a new style that im more comfortable with  ;)

Anyway! Its great to see the new members and I hope to see some reviews when you guys have time!!

kahless

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 10:09:38 AM »
It's a really nice place here with a very friendly atmosphere. I enjoy the reviews very much. Excellent work! A big "Thank You" to the contributors!  :thanks:

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 10:58:54 AM »
Haven't had time to peruse the forum too much, but from what I've seen so far it seems great. And a lot less confrontational than the DVD Profiler forum. Maybe because I haven't had time to be sarcastic yet...  :-[

Critter

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 12:21:07 PM »
Haven't had time to peruse the forum too much, but from what I've seen so far it seems great. And a lot less confrontational than the DVD Profiler forum. Maybe because I haven't had time to be sarcastic yet...  :-[

Oh don't worry, there's plenty of sarcasm floating around these boards. Only I suppose here we know how to take most things in a light-hearted manner. Very few things actually lead to a heated argument.

Touti

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »
I think we haven't had 1 single fight here in our 3 years of existence.  Of course sometimes we disagree on certain things but it never turns into fights or insults.

If I'm not mistaking the 2 biggest arguments here were Jon vs people who do know that U-571 tells the truth about the enigma and Jon vs me on British movies from the 70's  :tease:

Najemikon

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 01:51:37 PM »
Water off a ducks back now! No point thrashing the deluded.  :-X :training: :laugh:

There was that weirdo a couple of years ago that tried to pick a fight with Kathy of all people. We kicked his ass pretty quick and he never came back. :voodoo:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 01:54:22 PM »
...Maybe because I haven't had time to be sarcastic yet...  :-[

That's ironic! :laugh:

Touti

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 02:00:43 PM »
There was that weirdo a couple of years ago that tried to pick a fight with Kathy of all people. We kicked his ass pretty quick and he never came back. :voodoo:

Jon I had completely forgotten about this jerk.  If I'm not mistaking he even compared Kathy to hitler. 

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 02:19:17 PM »
I remember that he took offense to how I wrote something about trying to like everyone or something to that effect. He then questioned whether I would say the same think about someone like Hitler. He didn't actually compare me to Hitler.

I hadn't thought about him since - thanks for the memories Jon. :yucky:

Najemikon

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 02:48:36 PM »
 :-[ :bag: