Author Topic: Help me talk some sense into Brittany...  (Read 3708 times)

Critter

Re: Help me talk some sense into Brittany...
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 12:55:06 AM »
Congrats Brittany!
I would definaty see the film, I'd see almost any film for free, even if I wasn't sure if I would like it or not.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 04:23:42 AM »
Right.  Free is good...unless it was a movie about snakes. 

Critter

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 04:28:11 AM »
Right.  Free is good...unless it was a movie about snakes. 

Ah damn, and I was just going to offer you a free copy of Snakes on a Plane.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 04:32:49 AM »
No thank you...or..hell no.  Hell will freeze over before I watch that movie.

Critter

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 04:35:04 AM »
Well now Marie, we seem to have uncovered something here. I never knew you had such a fear of snakes. I myself love them to such an extent that when I was younger I had a pet snake. Well it wasn't really mine, it was my schools. But I liked it so much that they let me take it home every school holiday, including the Summer holidays to look after it. Good ol Elvis. Of course I had to keep him away from my pet rabbit 'Washington'.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 04:52:48 AM »
Yes I have..issues with snakes.  I don't know why but I'm terrified of them and freak out if I see one in a movie...even a CGI one.

Critter

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 05:18:43 AM »
I can understand that. I'm very similar with clowns. The only clown that doesn't instantly scare me when I see him is Krusty the Clown. As far as animals go the only thing that really creeps me out is large spiders, even then though I have no problem seeing them on screen. It must be hard, the snake thing. I'm sure there are many times when snakes have just suddenly appeared in a TV show or film without warning... catching you off gaurd.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 05:29:03 AM »
Well, decision seems to have been made. Good call there, Brittany. I would have simply said, that is't your decision, so that if you want to pass up a free movie, because you're not interested, then that is up to you.

I have issues with spiders, by the way. Where I am from and live now snakes are not really present all that much.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2010, 05:36:53 AM »
Me it's the bats who scare me, the real one of course not in the movies. The summer in my village are scary because of them, they are hidden everywhere teasing you with their little noise ready to attack your face. Yeah I know it isn't the case and the only reason they attack is because of the flies around you, but they scare me anyway. Just to hear one is enough to stop me...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 07:10:38 AM »
In real life, spiders tend to scare me.  I have freaked out almost as bad as Ichabod in Sleepy Hollow over a spider.  But spiders in movies don't bother me at all.  I don't even like to read about snake.  I have no idea what it is, but I freak.  And yes, Sophie, there have been too many times when one has turned up to scare me.  The worst time was in A Series of Unfortunate Events.  I jumped and screamed when that thing lunged out.  I had just put my drink back down, otherwise it would have gone flying.

I don't care for bats in real life either.  I am kind of in the country here, and the bats come out in the summer.  I sometimes see them outside flying around this security light we have eating bugs.  I tend to rush to get back in if I have to go out once they are out.

Najemikon

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2010, 01:09:53 PM »
I'm not afraid of anything! :devil:

Well, at least not spiders, snakes, bats, bugs or any other creep crawlies. You're all weird.

:tease:

Critter

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2010, 01:14:48 PM »
If your not afraid of "at least" the creepy crawlies, then what is it you are afraid of?

Najemikon

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2010, 01:19:58 PM »
I don't know. :shrug: I actually enjoy nightmares! :laugh: Last time I had what could be described as a nightmare, I really, badly, wanted to get back into it when I woke up!

And what is a scary movie? Never seen one. ;) I've seen films that make me jump, but I really want to see a film that actually makes me want to leave the lights on because I'd be so terrified of what's in the shadows.

Critter

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »
I wish I was like that, instead I was born with the complete wimp gene when it comes to scary films. The strange thing is, in just day to day life I am not a wimp at all, things like walking around dark alleyways in the dead of night don't bother me, and often friends and family members will come to me if they have a big spider issue... or even on occaision a snake. So by all means I have no idea why horror films effect me in such an extreme way. Hell I even find a ot of Buffy episodes almost too scary to watch alone. It really is the slightest things that set me off in those films.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 02:06:42 PM »
for me it is Spiders. I see snakes being a big one here. That is something that never bothered me. Matter of fact my brother used to have a whole bunch of them for pets. The garage was packed with aquariums and heat lights for them. I am talking wall to wall. I remember going over there... there was several times I was holding 3 snakes at once... one wrapped around each arm... and a third draped around my neck. But I can't stand to see even the smallest of spiders.  :bag:

I know for Britt it is clowns. Other then that I don't know when it comes to the creepy crawlies. She will have to say if so.

But for the most part I am the same as Jon. No movie scares me... and nightmares I enjoy! Well for the most part anyway. Whenever I have a nightmare about vampires (been wanting to watch some vampire movies again), zombies or werewolves or what have you I desperately try to fall back to sleep and continue such dream.

But if I have a real life nightmare... those effects me. Anytime I relive the deaths of my wife or my mother (which unfortuneately happens a lot) I wake up in a cold sweat and all upset. Those I can go without having if I had my choice.
Pete