Author Topic: OK... I Want It...  (Read 2036 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
OK... I Want It...
« on: May 25, 2010, 12:43:44 AM »
What can I say... I know it is Mill Creek Entertainment  so quality will be iffy. And it will probably be another one of those Keep cases that houses paper envelopes. But I still want it.

This is a collection of Prime Time Crime shows from Stephen J. Cannell.  It contains 54 episodes... including 4 COMPLETE short lived series that was never before released on DVD as well as an episode or two from 9 of his series that has been released.

The Set includes...

Complete Series:
    * Missing Persons - All 18 Episodes
    * Broken Badges - All 7 Episodes
    * Palace Guard - All 9 Episodes
    * UNSUB - All 8 Episodes

Best Of's:
    * Wiseguy - "Pilot", Parts 1 & 2
    * The Commish - "Suffer the Children", Parts 1 & 2
    * Hunter - "Hot Pursuit", Parts 1 & 2
    * Cobra - "The Gnome"
    * Greatest American Hero - "My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys"
    * Tenspeed & Brown Shoe - "Savage Says: There's No Free Lunch"
    * Silk Stalkings - "To Serve and Protect"
    * 21 Jump Street - "La Bizca"
    * Booker - "Father's Day"

The set is retailing for only $29.98... so sure it will be cheap enough on Amazon once it is up for pre-order.  While I never heard of any of the 4 short live series that has every episode in this set. Out of the Best of list there is 4 that I already have... but the rest are all shows I been wanting to check out. And this will give me a great opportunity to check out these series to see if I want to get the complete series into my collection. The ones I been wanting to check out are...

* Silk Stalkings
     * Tenspeed & Brown Shoe
     * Cobra
     * Wiseguy
     * The Commish

Thoughts?... here is a picture of the set...
Pete

MEJHarrison

Re: OK... I Want It...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 01:02:17 AM »
I have to admit to being a Silk Stalkings fan.  Not enough to pick up the series, but it sure does bring back good memories just thinking about it. Used to watch it all the time on USA.  But something tells me it wouldn't hold up so well.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 01:10:40 AM »
Don't know any of these shows, but if you can live with the packaging (who isn't that bad, I dislike the one for their 50 movies set much more) go for it at this price :thumbup:

One that I would like to appear in a best off like that is The Edge of Night (not the complete serie of course since it's 7420 episodes). At least I would like to watch the 1979-1984 era since Wade Nicholls was a regular characters in it those years.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 01:17:08 AM »
I actually like the 50/100 movie sets better. Mostly because the envelopes are more like a thin cardboard instead of paper. That is the worst thing about these sets to me.  Now if we could combine there... and give me the outer keep case like case and the cardboard envelopes I would be more then happy with them!  :thumbup:

One of the shows I am really wanting to check out is Tenspeed & Brown Shoe... found out it stars Jeff Goldblum. And I liked him in pretty much everything I have seen him in so far.
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 01:28:13 AM »
Mill Creek are releasing complete series sets for 21 Jump Street and Hunter over the coming months btw. Just a heads up.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 01:32:08 AM »
Yup! I already have every episode of 21 Jump Street. :) I have the first 3 seasons of Hunter that was released. So I will probably just wait and see if they release the season sets so I can get them a set at a time. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 02:15:57 PM »
weird... this set is scheduled for next month... and you still can't pre-order it.
Pete

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 05:04:47 PM »
I have way too many unwatched TV shows, but darn it, these sound interesting.  :P  :-[

lyonsden5

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 05:08:36 PM »
I have to admit to being a Silk Stalkings fan.  Not enough to pick up the series, but it sure does bring back good memories just thinking about it. Used to watch it all the time on USA.  But something tells me it wouldn't hold up so well.

Been watching season 2 the past couple of days. It holds up just fine I think. Perfect as something to have on while I work.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 08:05:38 PM »
Well... I finally got the set today. Unfortunately I hate the packaging. An over-sized Keep case housing 10 envelopes. But that was to be expected being a Mills Creek release.
Pete