Author Topic: Terminator - The Sarah Connor chronicles & Battlestar Galactica 2004  (Read 1286 times)

Touti

I'm going through two TV Series at the same time, alternating depending on the discs I receive from my rental service.

Terminator - The Sarah Connor's Chronicle: I'm really enjoying this.  I was a bit afraid at first because I couldn't see what a TV Series would add to the 3 movies but I liked the pilot and the series sort of grows on me as I'm watching.  I watched the whole first season and 3 episodes from season 2.  The last one I watched was a bit boring but that's the only one so far that I didn't like.

(click to show/hide)

BSG 2004: Unfortunately I can't say the same about this series.  I wouldn't say it's bad but I don't find it very good either.  The doctor's character is very annoying with all his mimics.  Actually I find most characters a bid cold and I can't really get to like any of them.  I also find the scripts a bit strange, like they don't provide enough background on situations that are happening and it's like things are popping up all the time with not reason and no real explanation after.  I don't know exactly what's missing or what's there that shouldn't be but BSG just doesn't work for me.  I'm gonna watch it all but it definitely won't be as enjoyable as other series I've watched in the past.

Scores

Battlestar Galactica (2004):

The Sarah Connor's Chronicles: but slowly heading toward a

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator - The Sarah Connor chronicles & Battlestar Galactica 2004
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 07:07:30 AM »
TSCC was a great series and it gets even better upon rewatching. S1 had a few problems, but in S2 the show fully comes into its own. As I said a few times, to me TSCC is the hight point of the Terminator franchise, and, yes, that includes the first movie (although Jon disagrees).

I wrote spoiler-free reviews for TSCC S1 and S2 here:
http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,3213.msg79784.html#msg79784
http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,3213.msg95763.html#msg95763

Achim and I did an S2 marathon with episode reviews here:
http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,5899.0.html
That contains heavy spoilers up to the reviewed episodes, though. A couple of people did the same for S1, but I don't have the link.

As for the episode you found boring, I should mention that I consider it one of the best. So there.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:10:28 AM by goodguy »
Matthias

Touti

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 02:59:27 PM »
As for the episode you found boring, I should mention that I consider it one of the best. So there.

I think it's not the first time we disagree on something Mathias, do you remember "Angels of America" ? ;) We obviously have different tastes.

Yesterday I really liked TSCC but I don't think I do anymore, it kept me up late last night and I was late for work this morning  ;D

Critter

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 03:24:41 PM »
I was flicking through the TV tonight and found out that the second series of this show is only just being aired in Australia now, for the first time. And they are still only about halfway through. Despite the fact that both seasons are already on DVD here  :laugh:.