Author Topic: The Road Warrior (1981)  (Read 7389 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: The Road Warrior (1981)
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 06:17:18 AM »
If Karsten is reading this, maybe he'll confirm what the criteria is, or if it is just completely random... :whistle:
It's all random and it used all the reviews writen who weren't tag as "R rated" by the reviewer (this is why you won't see one of my adult movies on the front page). So the most review you write the most chance you have to see one on the welcome page (that's why you often see a review from Pete or me, since I was a big reviewers a long time ago not so much now). But I think that Karsten must run an update first, wich he hasn't done for some weeks...

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 03:46:02 PM »
I was talking about Road Warrior

I only put that because the conversation drifted off between Jon and I about Mad Max.

KinkyCyborg

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 05:52:29 PM »
Sorry for the thread hijack.  :-[  It's been a few years now since I watched The Road Warrior, Mad Max or Thunderdome for that matter but I know full well they will hold up well as great action movies. I recently bought The Road Warrior on Bluray but have yet to watch it. I've heard of a new, upcoming Mad Max movie that has no involvement of Mel Gibson whatsoever.  I'm keeping my expectations very low as I'm sure they will do their best to tarnish a classic series.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 11:15:50 PM by KinkyCyborg »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 08:08:21 PM »
But I think that Karsten must run an update first, wich he hasn't done for some weeks...

:-[
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 09:18:32 PM »
I was talking about Road Warrior

I only put that because the conversation drifted off between Jon and I about Mad Max.

OK.  Well I haven't seen that one either.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 12:46:22 AM »
My Mad Max review popped up on the home page and it reminded me I included a link to the first ten minutes on YouTube.

I've been waiting to see one of my reviews make a random appearance on the homepage as well and I was beginning to think that maybe users cannot see their own reviews... until I saw your comment. Does a user have to be a board member for a specified amount of time before  their reviews are included in the random selection pool?  Just wondering...  :headscratch:

KC

KC just to say your review for The Brood came up for me tonight.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.