Author Topic: DVD Profiler Awards/Episodes Plugin  (Read 72946 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: DVD Profiler Awards Plugin
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2012, 12:30:31 AM »
New version 2.0

It has been a long time since I have updated this plugin. As you may know, I am currently reworking my Cinematic Collection Viewer program. So I thought I let this plugin benefit from my work there.

So here some nice new features:

- Award editor (to directly edit the awards from inside DVD Profiler). Tools->CCVPlugin->Edit awards...
- Update awards directly from my online pool (Tools->CCVPlugin->Online Update Awards...)
- Export awards as XML and compressed XML
- Import awards from compressed XML
- Improved progress display
- Award panel color adjusts to theme color
- SQLite database format besides MSAccess format supported

I hope the award editor motivates more people to provide additional award data ;)

A question to all users: Now that online update (and export) is supported, can I discontinue providing the award data as zip on my website? This would make updating the awards easier for me.

Feedback welcome!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2012, 02:08:33 AM »
Is it updated on your web page Tom? The one listed is the 2.6 version last updated 12/8/2010 :shrug:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2012, 01:43:59 PM »
It is the new version on the site. I downloaded it and installed it... But unfortunately all I get is...

And yes I tried to restart DVDP (a couple times) and it still came up.

A question to all users: Now that online update (and export) is supported, can I discontinue providing the award data as zip on my website? This would make updating the awards easier for me.

Maybe it is because I haven't seen this work yet to see how it will work... but if there is no zip files... where does the online update update from? Is it still going to be on your site but everyone submits and updates from the site similar to how DVD Profiler is. Or how? If so I of course have no problem with no zip files on the site. But you would have to make the update be mandatory for everyone. Which I would make sure everyone realizes.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2012, 07:07:46 PM »
It is the new version on the site. I downloaded it and installed it... But unfortunately all I get is...

And yes I tried to restart DVDP (a couple times) and it still came up.

:weep:
It worked wonderfully yesterday. Now I deleted everything again and tried again. Now I have the same error and I am stumped what could be missing. I am using the same DLLs in CCViewer and there it works.

Maybe it is because I haven't seen this work yet to see how it will work... but if there is no zip files... where does the online update update from? Is it still going to be on your site but everyone submits and updates from the site similar to how DVD Profiler is. Or how? If so I of course have no problem with no zip files on the site. But you would have to make the update be mandatory for everyone. Which I would make sure everyone realizes.

It would work like it has been working in CCViewer for a while now. I would only upload the award data in my online data pool on my website, from where the plugin will download them.
Currently I also have to zip all awards twice into zips (all awards in one file, all awards as single files) and also upload these two files.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2012, 07:49:46 PM »
I have uploaded a new version. Please try again. It should work now *fingers crossed*

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2012, 08:18:36 PM »
Looks like it is working now!  :clap:

I would definitely look into helping with the awards... but may have to wait. It is pretty up to date with all the major awards isn't it?  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2012, 06:36:31 PM »
Hey Tom...
I just did the Fangoria Chainsaw Awards for 2010 through the plugin. Now how do I go about sending this in to share with everyone?
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2012, 07:46:29 PM »
Hey Tom...
I just did the Fangoria Chainsaw Awards for 2010 through the plugin. Now how do I go about sending this in to share with everyone?

Goto Tools->CCVPlugin->Export Awards..., select "Fangoria Chainsaw Awards" from the list, and then save it as "Compressed Awards XML" (it's the default). And then send it to me and I will add it to the online pool :)

How was the editor working for you? Is it intuitive?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2012, 07:55:37 PM »
I saw that and was thinking that is how it should be done. But was thinking maybe there would be a way to send you just 2010... but thinking twice about it, it makes since that all the years would be in the same file.

It worked great. I did have to think a few minutes on how to do the people there at first. It didn't occur to me to to the movie first and then the person. But it did pop in my mind shortly after.

Where should I send it to? if you don't want your email address in the post (makes sense) you can PM me with it. Is it the email you have at Invelos? if so I already have it! :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2012, 08:05:11 PM »
It worked great. I did have to think a few minutes on how to do the people there at first. It didn't occur to me to to the movie first and then the person. But it did pop in my mind shortly after.

Yes, it must be the same way as the awards are usually shown.

Where should I send it to? if you don't want your email address in the post (makes sense) you can PM me with it. Is it the email you have at Invelos? if so I already have it! :thumbup:
You can use the mail address at Invelos, or the one shown in the plugin readme. Or you can use the one here in the forum when pressing the email option under my avatar on the left ;)
As you said, I will not post it in the forums (those damn robots). I don't get spam on these email addresses and it should stay this way  :)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2012, 09:26:59 PM »
New version 2.1

New: Drag & Drop entries in award editor
Fix: Always show Won and Nominated categories in award editor even if empty

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2012, 09:44:46 PM »
Fangoria Chainsaw Awards 2010 (addicted2dvd)
added movie year for Sherlock Holmes (2009) in some awards to avoid it showing up for the new one (Tom)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2012, 12:28:29 AM »
Filmfare Awards 2012 (Tom)
International Indian Film Academy Awards 2011 (Tom)

I have to admit, that while adding these awards I had way more the urge to check out some of the nominees than I had reading the nominees for the Academy awards. I even already had some of the movies on my wishlist and now I have a few more.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Profiler Awards/Episodes Plugin
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2012, 02:28:45 PM »
Version 2.2

New: Retrieve episode data from online pool (announcements here)
New: Assign episodes to profiles
New: Show episodes (including episode specific cast and crew) for profile
New: Edit additional infos for profiles and for episodes
Fix: Some minor issues in award editor
Fix: Setting of auto-sync flag works again
Fix: Fixed syncing of flagged profiles (stopped working after the first use)

I have merged my development of CCViewer and CCVPlugin into one workspace. Now it is easier for me to develop those in parallel and integrate more features of CCViewer into the plugin.
If there is interest, I will continue this. Among others, the following would be possible to integrate (with varying degree of effort):
- editing episodes / TV series
- setting watched dates and review for episodes
- HTML export/Skin handling
- SQL Queries
- Charts

Please let me know if there is interest in this. If it is worth for me to spent the efforts.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:34:28 PM by Tom »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Profiler Awards/Episodes Plugin
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »
I downloaded the update... I have to admit I look at this episode thing and have no idea what so every it is supposed to do. I also don't know about combining awards info with episode info... but that could be because I don't understand what any of this episode stuff is supposed to do. Is it making changes to the actual profiles? If so then I really don't like that idea. I personally don't think the plugin should change anything in the profiles. I personally think it is better to be two different plugins if you want to do something with episodes as a plugin. But hey... that is just my line of thinking. As I said... from someone that is completely confused about what I am looking at.
Pete