Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 798879 times)

snowcat

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #2805 on: March 18, 2010, 08:14:39 AM »
Meh, The Happening was alright... It could have been worse... even if I worked out the twist pretty much straight away ¬_¬

of course, after Boogie Nights, I have this soft spot for Mark Wahlberg. He makes that film so much better.

Critter

« Reply #2806 on: March 18, 2010, 08:22:30 AM »
To this day I still consider The Happening to be one of the worst films I have ever seen in the cinema. I was in a full cinema and everyone just laughed the whole way through, at all the parts that were supposed to be serious... the film was meant to be scary. I just think he missed the mark a bit with that one.

venomsinner

« Reply #2807 on: March 18, 2010, 09:13:19 AM »
Meh, The Happening was alright... It could have been worse... even if I worked out the twist pretty much straight away ¬_¬

of course, after Boogie Nights, I have this soft spot for Mark Wahlberg. He makes that film so much better.

...Would that be after that final scene?  :laugh:

(click to show/hide)

lovemunkey187

« Reply #2808 on: March 18, 2010, 09:52:22 AM »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: March 18, 2010, 12:38:01 PM »

I recently watched Gamer, basically following your recommendation, and thought it was quite alright. Not outstanding or deep, but fun to watch.

Critter

« Reply #2810 on: March 19, 2010, 06:46:05 AM »

Total price for all three = $16

I also got volume 1 of the manga Nana as it has been recommended to me on this site.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: March 19, 2010, 11:52:16 AM »
Yesterday this arrived

The Twilight Saga: New Moon

and today these

Galaxy Quest

The Machine Girl

Dumbo

I know that someone had pointed out problems with The Machine Girl Blu-ray on the other site but when I was placing my order for the HMV exclusive edition of Evangelion 1.11 I saw this at £6.99 and thought why not, so I did ;D

Dave

edited to change reference to taro as it wasn't him that highlighted the problem originally.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 03:47:31 PM by dfmorgan »
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Najemikon

« Reply #2812 on: March 19, 2010, 12:35:12 PM »
I saw Machine Girl the other night. It's beyond awful! Absolute garbage.  :yucky:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2813 on: March 19, 2010, 06:26:03 PM »
I also got volume 1 of the manga Nana as it has been recommended to me on this site.

I can recommend the first live-action film. Cannot say about the manga though. I have never read it.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: March 19, 2010, 07:23:13 PM »
I was browsing amazon.co.uk recently and bought some cheap DVDs.

Shall we dansu? (Amazon.co.uk)
This is the Japanese original of "Shall We Dance?". I have seen neither, but this one seems to have raving reviews.
Definitely, Maybe (Amazon.co.uk)
A romantic comedy which sounded interesting.
The Ramen Girl (Amazon.co.uk)
This one also sounded like it could be fun. It's an American movie starring Brittany Murphy set in Japan.
Coyote Ugly: The Extended Cut (Amazon.co.uk)
I never had the real urge to watch this movie, except for one big reason: Piper Perabo. I finally took the plunge because of her.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: March 19, 2010, 07:38:04 PM »
I will be looking forward to a review of Definitely, Maybe... I usually like Ryan Reynolds movies.
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: March 19, 2010, 09:43:01 PM »
I was browsing amazon.co.uk recently and bought some cheap DVDs.

Shall we dansu? (Amazon.co.uk)
This is the Japanese original of "Shall We Dance?". I have seen neither, but this one seems to have raving reviews.

Tom, I liked this film, I even enjoyed the Richard Gere version but this is definitely superior, but be aware that Miramax cut 20 minutes or so from the original for this release and so far as I am aware it has never been reinstated and released complete outside of Japan.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

lyonsden5

« Reply #2817 on: March 19, 2010, 09:58:50 PM »
Apparently, thanks to my lack cash flow due to my surgery recovery time in December and the job in Hawaii coming to an end at the same time, I have broken the addiction. I have a whopping 2 purchases THIS YEAR!  :bag:

Perhaps I should start a support group  :laugh:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: March 19, 2010, 10:11:37 PM »
Tom, I liked this film, I even enjoyed the Richard Gere version but this is definitely superior, but be aware that Miramax cut 20 minutes or so from the original for this release and so far as I am aware it has never been reinstated and released complete outside of Japan.

Yes, I have read this before I made the purchase. But as there does not seem to be an uncut version outside of Japan, I went against my usual stance to not buy cut stuff. Big reason were the many good reviews I saw (and it was cheap).

Critter

« Reply #2819 on: March 19, 2010, 11:20:51 PM »

I can recommend the first live-action film. Cannot say about the manga though. I have never read it.

Haha Tom, I have actually seen the first live-action film and loved it, which is why I wanted to start the manga. I've read the first half of the first volume and already heaps of things are explained from the film. Also, Nana(Haichi) is nothing like she is in the film at all.