Author Topic: Happy Town  (Read 1850 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Happy Town
« on: April 26, 2010, 02:49:14 AM »
Anyone here planning on checking out the new mystery series starting this Wednesday?

Happy Town
Haplin, Minnesota "Happy Town" is approaching five years of peace after being riddled for years by unsolved kidnappings. But, in the wake of this small town's first crime in five years, some dark truths are being revealed about some familiar faces. They say every town has its secrets... that doesn't even begin to describe Happy Town.

One of the stars of this show is Amy Acker... Fred on Angel. I have my DVR set to record it.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Happy Town
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 02:53:26 AM »
I probably will watch it.  It does sound interesting..and Amy Acker is in it.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 09:21:39 AM »
Anyone here planning on checking out the new mystery series starting this Wednesday?

When Amy Acker mentioned it on Twitter and I learned that she plays a role in it, I was sure I'd check it out.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 08:40:29 PM »

Happy Town @ IMDb
Happy Town @ Wikipedia

Haplin, Minnesota is a small town where not much happens. At least in the past five years. Before that a serial killer known as the Magic Man killed one person each year for seven years. Then he vanished without a trace - just like his victims who were never found.
But here is something brewing. New people come into town, a man gets brutally killed and the sheriff has some sort of breakdown that is somehow connected to one of the newcomers.

I'm a bit confused. Is this pure mystery? Is there a supernatural element in the story? What's up with Chloe?
The pilot felt a bit rushed because so many different characters had to be introduced (however briefly) but it certainly looks intriguing and I'll continue to watch.
The show has quite a number of known faces, among them Amy Acker (Angel, Dollhouse), M.C. Gainey (LOST), Sam Neill (The Hunt for Red October, Merlin) and Abraham Benrubi (Parker Lewis Can't Lose, ER).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:08:09 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 09:15:09 PM »
I have the first episode recorded but I haven't watched it yet. I may try to watch it here soon.
Pete

karmesinrot

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 11:05:14 PM »
Looks good! I love a wee mystery drama. Hopefully it will make its way across the pond :thumbup:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 11:10:01 PM »
I watched it, though something came up so I didn't see all of it.  Thankfully I had remembered to set my DVR.  I just haven't taken the time to watch it yet.

MEJHarrison

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 07:25:40 PM »
I have it recorded.  May get to it this weekend.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 08:34:08 PM »
I will wait and if it gets good reviews here I will buy it on DVD.