Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250711 times)

richierich

Re: addicted2dvd: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #435 on: May 13, 2009, 04:30:33 PM »
I never 'got' Lucy, couldn't ever understand why it was so popular????:tomato:
It was shown for some years in the UK when I was younger in the early evenings.
Glad you are enjoying it though Pete - I imagine a lot of nostalgia attached for an American viewing these episodes

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 14, 2009, 12:19:17 AM »
Thats ok... no show appeals to everyone. But yeah... loads of nostalgia for me with this set. I may have to watch some more episodes this evening!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 15, 2009, 12:32:49 PM »

The Jeff Foxworthy Show: Season 2 (Ep. 1-4)
If you're a redneck, then... you'll love Jeff Foxworthy in his first TV Show! The second season is even funnier and features new cast members Jeff Foxworthy stars as a Southern boy who moves his family back to his hometown in Georgia. His new job has him working at the loading docks with some macho no-nonsense boys from the South, providing perfect fodder for Jeff Foxworthy's insightful musings.

Episodes:
1. Where the Donuts are Good...Not Great
2. The List is Strife
3. The Poor Sportsmen of the Apocalypse
4. My Dinner with Betty

My Thoughts:
No, this is not the greatest sitcom ever made. Far from it... but it has it's moments. There has been some laugh out loud moments. But I am not surprised that the show as canceled after only 2 seasons. The second season the show moved to another station. I suppose the first station canceled them and they were able to convince the second station to pick them up. But the problem there comes with so many changes to the show. The move to his home town made perfect sense from how season one ended... but changing the actress that played his wife kinda sucks even though I do like Ann Cusack in the role. And the one that really messes with the continuity is the sudden addition of a second son. It is like another kid came from no where. Over-all I like the set-up of the second season better then the first. Meaning I prefer him working at the loading docks more then I did him having his own heating and plumbing business. And I liked the addition of Bill Engvall to the cast. I just didn't like what they did to his family life. All four episodes I watched was at least enjoyable... but I especially liked the episode The Poor Sportsmen of the Apocalypse.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 18, 2009, 01:58:43 AM »

The Fugitive: Season 1 Vol. 1 (Disc 2)
This hugely popular, original hit TV series that inspired two Hollywood blockbusters, THE FUGITIVE stars David Janssen as Dr. Richard Kimble, a physician unjustly accused of murdering his wife. When his train crashes en route to Death Row. Kimble breaks free from the custody of Lt. Gerard–and runs for his life. Fleeing from town to town, switching identities and toiling at countless jobs fuels Kimble's obsession to catch the real killer–a one-armed man he saw leaving the scene of the crime. His obsession is matched only by Gerard's–who blame himself for Kimble's escape and who will stop at nothing to get him back.

Episodes:
4. Never Wave Goodbye (Pt.1)
5. Never Wave Goodbye (Pt. 2)
6. Decision in the Ring
7. Smoke Screen

My Thoughts:
I thought it was about time to get back to this set. It is a series that I discovered I enjoy a lot... but for some reason I haven't watched a single episode in over a month. I guess it is one of those "Too many DVDs... Too Little Time" deals. So far I am 7 episodes in... and this series has constantly been very good... every episode has impressed me very much. This is a true classic TV Series in every sense of the word.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 18, 2009, 07:32:46 PM »

The Cosby Show: Season 1 (Episodes 21-24)
The Cosby Show appeared on NBC from 1984 to 1992, becoming one of the most popular programs in the history of television. The series depicted a close-knit and prosperous African American family (The Huxtables) that dwelled in New York City. Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable, OB-GYN (Bill Cosby), and his attorney wife Clair (Phylicia Rashad), a happily married, dual-profession couple, had aspirations of raising their five children in an uplifting, positive environment. The Huxtables were truly a groundbreaking family for television.

The Cosby Show was an instant smash hit, holding TV's #1 slot for a record five consecutive years (1985 to 1990), and it remained in the Top 20 shows of all eight seasons it was on NBC. The Cosby Show's popularity was so intense that it has carried over into the 21st century, and in 2005 The Cosby Show is as relevant as it has ever been. The Huxtable's are adored around the world.

Episodes:
21. The Younger Woman
22. The Slumber Party
23. Mr. Quiet
24. Cliff's Birthday

My Thoughts:
This completes the first season for me. I been having fun revisiting these early episodes. While all 4 episodes I watched today were good... I especially enjoyed two of them... The Slumber Party where Cliff lets Rudy invite a bunch of friends over to spend the night... and Cliff's Birthday. In  Cliff's Birthday I liked how Cliff was doing everything in his power to find out what he was getting for his Birthday early.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 21, 2009, 03:02:33 AM »

21 Jump Street: Season 1 (Discs 3 & 4)
It all begins here, as baby-faced rookie Officer Tom Hanson (Johnny Depp) is assigned to an elite squad of young undercover cops - Judy Hoffs (Holly Robison Peete), Doug Penhall (Peter DeLuise) and Harry Truman Ioki (Dustin Nguyen) - to infiltrate high schools and fight crime. Frederic Forrest and Steven Williams co-star in this classic first season that also features such guest stars as Jason Priestley, Josh Brolin, David Paymer, Sherilyn Fenn and Blair Underwood in what became Fox's first runaway hit and remains on of the coolest cop shows in TV history!

21 JUMP STREET - SEASON ONE includes all 13 explosive episodes - including the rarely seen two-part premiere - and is now packed with extras that include all-new interviews with stars Holly Robinson Peete, Dustin Nguyen, Steven Williams and series co-creator Stephen J. Cannell and an exclusive audio commentary with star Peter DeLuise.

Episodes:
7. Gotta Finish the Riff
8. Bad Influence
9. Blindsided
10. Next Generation
11. Low and Away
12. 16 Blown to 35
13. Mean Streets and Pastel Houses

My Thoughts:
This completes the first season once again. It is the second time I watched this show since it came out on DVD. The show brought back a lot of good memories for me. I may continue with the next season soon... but will probably change to something else for a while first. 13 episodes is pretty short for a first season. Maybe it was a mid-season replacement? I really can't remember that far back.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 24, 2009, 02:01:05 PM »

I Love Lucy: The Complete Series (Discs 2-3)
Fall in love again and again with the timeless comedy that entertains generation after generation. This special 34-disc DVD collection contains every hilarious episode of every classic season of I Love Lucy — from the Lost Pilot to the The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour shows. Join Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel for non-stop laughter as you savor every magical moment of the greatest sitcom of all time.

Episodes:
7. The Audition
8. The Seance
9. Men Are Messy
10. The Fur Coat
11. Lucy is Jealous of Girl Singer
12. Drafted
13. The Adagio
14. The Benefit
15. The Amateur Hour
16. Lucy Plays Cupid
17. Lucy Fakes an Illness
18. Lucy Writes a Play

My Thoughts:
Just finished two more discs of this classic sitcom. I am still enjoying every minute of the set. They really seemed to do a wonderful job putting this series on DVD. The episodes look and sound great... and there is plenty of extras on every disc so far! Some really good episodes on these discs... but I must say I especially enjoyed both The Fur Coat and The Amateur Hour.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 28, 2009, 11:19:39 PM »

Ghost Whisperer: Season 3 (Discs 1-2)
The hit CBS drama Ghost Whisperer plunges into new territory, literally rocking the foundation of the series. At the end of season two Melinda (Jennifer Love Hewitt) met the ghost of her estranged father, who told her she has a brother. Melinda's search for the truth of her family history grows ever more complex and dangerous when she learns that her roots are bound to the roots of Grandview itself. Melinda and husband Jim (David Conrad) begin to wonder whether this small town they chose for its peace and tranquility might have actually chosen them. With the help of occult expert Professor Payne (Jay Mohr) and loyal but skeptical friend Delia (Camryn Manheim), Melinda digs for answers. She discovers that in the town's desperation to bury its own dark past, a whole other world was left festering literally beneath their feet. Journey with Melinda as she uncovers the mysteries of Grandview in all 18 third-season episodes.

Episodes:
1. The Underneath
2. Don't Try This at Home
3. Haunted Hero
4. No Safe Place
5. Weight of What Was
6. Double Exposure

My Thoughts:
Watched the first two discs of this show. It is one of my favorite current series. This is a really good start to the season. I especially liked Don't Try This at Home where she takes on the legend of Bloody Mary and No Safe Place where Melinda attracts a stalker while trying to help a ghost.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 02, 2009, 05:24:46 PM »

A Haunting in Georgia
Based on true events, A Haunting in Georgia is the chilling story of four-year-old Heidi and her imaginary friends Mr. Gordy and Con. As Heidi reveals mysterious details about the two, her parents become concerned... could her playmates be more than make-believe? When the rest of the family begins experiencing terrifying phenomena—waking with deep gashes on their bodies—it seems there's little they can do to stop the escalating nightmare.

My Thoughts:
This is one of two movie pilots to the A Haunting series. It is a documentary style series about what is supposed to be true haunting stories. This was a very good one that I enjoyed every minute of... but it is more of the interesting type then something that will scare you. The family featured in this one is really likable... and you feel for the little girl. The dvd itself is a cheap release of both pilot movies. Each movie is on it's own disc and is packaged together in a single keep case. Quality is very good but you don't get any extras what so ever.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 04, 2009, 05:37:38 AM »

His Name is Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th
30 years ago, a small horror film gave birth to 11 sequels, an endless body count and one of the most terrifying icons in horror history. Gore FX legend Tom Savini is your host for the ultimate documentary on everybody's favorite hockey-masked momma's boy and his three decades of cinematic carnage, featuring classic clips from the FRIDAY THE 13TH movies, rare behind-the-scenes photos and footage, and over 80 interviews with filmmakers, actors, stuntmen, FX artists, journalists and fans including Sean Cunningham, Kane Hodder, Seth Green, Harry Manfredini, Betsy Palmer, Greg Nicotero, Amanda Righetti, Adrienne King, James Roday, Amy Steel, Felissa Rose, Ari Lehman, Camilla & Carey more, Lar Park-Lincoln, Shavar Ross, Tony Timpone and many more. HIS NAME WAS JASON...and this is his incredible legacy!

My Thoughts:
This is a very good documentary on the Friday the 13th franchise. Watching this made me want to watch the movies again! Tom Savini did a wonderful job hosting. It was a lot of fun seeing what all the actors looks like now... especially for the earlier movies. I would have never recognized the one that played Reggie the Reckless... of course he was just a young kid at the time... or the one that played the older Tommy Jarvis. One thing I really liked about this documentary. Not only is it very interesting to watch for the info provided.. they made it very fun to watch... it is informative and entertaining all at the same time. This release being 2 disc set has a great selection of extras. I didn't get the chance to watch many of the extras... but did watch a couple that were fun. First there was a 30 second cartoon of Freddy vs. Jason done with cartoon bunnies. Then there was a very funny video review of the old Friday the 13th video game. After watching this documentary... I not only have the urge to watch the movies again... I really want to watch more extras on this set. This release was put together really well... I would recommend this release to any Jason fan!
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #445 on: June 04, 2009, 06:42:12 PM »
First there was a 30 second cartoon of Freddy vs. Jason done with cartoon bunnies.

The bunnies have done loads!  :P Bunnies...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 11, 2009, 12:00:06 AM »

Ghost Whisperer: Season 3 (Discs 3-5)
The hit CBS drama Ghost Whisperer plunges into new territory, literally rocking the foundation of the series. At the end of season two Melinda (Jennifer Love Hewitt) met the ghost of her estranged father, who told her she has a brother. Melinda's search for the truth of her family history grows ever more complex and dangerous when she learns that her roots are bound to the roots of Grandview itself. Melinda and husband Jim (David Conrad) begin to wonder whether this small town they chose for its peace and tranquility might have actually chosen them. With the help of occult expert Professor Payne (Jay Mohr) and loyal but skeptical friend Delia (Camryn Manheim), Melinda digs for answers. She discovers that in the town's desperation to bury its own dark past, a whole other world was left festering literally beneath their feet. Journey with Melinda as she uncovers the mysteries of Grandview in all 18 third-season episodes.

Episodes:
7. Unhappy Medium
8. Bad Blood
9. All Ghosts Lead to Grandview
10. Holiday Spirit
11. Slam
12. First Do No Harm
13. Home But Not Alone
14. The Gravesitter
15. Horror Show
16. Deadbeat Dads
17. Stranglehold
18. Pater Familias

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed revisiting the 3rd season of Ghost Whisperer... once I got started on the set I just couldn't stop watching it. All the episodes are really good this season... but I especially enjoyed Bad Blood, All Ghosts Leads to Grandview, Home But Not Alone and Horror Show. I also liked the fact that this season has a fun Christmas episodes. One that I will be sure to watch when the time comes this year.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 13, 2009, 12:48:09 AM »

NCIS: Season 1 (Discs 5-6)
N.C.I.S.: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON follows an elite team of special agents who operate outside the military chain of command. Led by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a tough, highly skilled investigator who's willing to bend the rules to get the job done, this tight-knit crew travel the world investigating everything from murder and espionage to terrorism and kidnapping in this 6-disc set featuring all 23 pulse-pounding episodes from this unique and dynamic show that's "...taught, smart and wonderfully unpredictable."

Episodes:
17. The Truth Is Out There
18. UnSEALeD
19. Dead Man Talking
20. Missing
21. Split Decision
22. A Weak Link
23. Reveille

My Thoughts:
This completes my revisit with season 1. This JAG spin-off is one of my favorite current TV series. I absolutely adore the whole cast in this series... but I think my favorite character on this show would have to be Abbey... the Goth forensic scientist. There was several really good episodes in these last 2 discs... but I especially enjoyed Dead Man Talking and Weak Link.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 13, 2009, 09:04:34 PM »

The Best of the Match Game (Disc 3)
Get ready to match the stars...

...as we play everyone's favorite BIG MONEY NATCH GAME! On DVD for the first time ever, this is your chance to experience 30 of the greatest episodes of this iconic gameshow, uncut and beautifully transferred from their original masters.

As one of the most popular television game shows in the '70s and early '80s, watch the nostalgia masterpeice with a sharp fashion sense and a disco diva style. 'MATCH GAME' is a classic with a rich TV history watched by millions over it's broadcast lifetime and now fondly remembered as part of growing up around the TV set.

From your favorite stars, including 'MATCH GAME' perennials Brett Somers, Charles Nelson Reilly, Betty White and Richard Dawson to Gene Rayburn's custom microphone and crazy antics - this collection has it all! Enjoy hours of rare bonus material including the pilot episode of 1962's "The Match Game", a special tribute to Gene Rayburn, an exclusive interview with Brett Somers and much more!

My Thoughts:
I just finished watching disc 3 of this 4 disc set. A lot of fun in these episodes. These stars can be really crazy in some of these episodes. Which is what I think really adds to the fun. If it was played as a straight game and there was no goofing around I don't think this show would be as entertaining. A couple things that I particularly liked on this disc was that in a handful of the episodes Jamie Lee Curtis was one of the stars. And in 2 episodes we had Kristie Alley as a contestant.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 14, 2009, 11:31:58 PM »

NCIS: Season 2 (Discs 1-2)
'N.C.I.S.: The Complete Second Season' continues to thrill audiences with its surprising twists and character-driven stories in this incredible six-disc set. Led by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), this squad of highly trained N.C.I.S. agents proves it is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to thwart espionage and terrorism around the world. Intense and fast-moving, all 23 episodes of 'N.C.I.S.: The Complete Second Season' are filled with even more of the wit and humor that has become a signature of this smash-hit show's incomparable style.

Episodes:
1. See No Evil
2. The Good Wives Club
3. Vanished
4. Lt. Jane Doe
5. The Boneyard
6. Terminal Leave
7. Call of Silence
8. Heart Break

My Thoughts:
After recently finishing off season one I just didn't want to stop... so I watched the first 2 discs of season 2. Even after multiple viewings I am enjoying this show a lot. All the episodes on these two discs are good... but I especially enjoyed See No Evil where a Navy Captain's wife and blind daughter was kidnapped. A great episode... I would even go as far to say one of my favorite episodes of the entire 6 year run of the show.
Pete