Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250707 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: addicted2dvd: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #405 on: April 09, 2009, 03:09:35 PM »
Playing catch-up with posting... here is what I watched since thew 7th...

Medium: Season 1 (Disc 1)
From the creator of Moonlighting comes the hit suspense series starring Patricia Arquette in an Emmy® Award-winning portrayal of a woman haunted by visions of murder.

Every day, Allison DuBois wonders if her psychic power is a gift...or a curse. As a consultant to law enforcement, she uses her mind to uncover the dark secrets of vicious killers. The risks to her life are enormous. The strain threatens her family. But how can she refuse to listen when the dead cry out for justice? Experience all the nerve-wracking suspense and heart-touching drama in this five-disc set that includes all 16 thrilling episodes of Medium: The Complete First Season.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. Suspicions and Certainties
3. A Couple of Choices

My Thoughts:
I got in the mood to watch some episodes of Medium (or as my mother loves to call the show... "The Blonde Psychic".  She has a terrible memory when it comes to TV Show names for some reason. This is a very strong start to the series.  I really enjoyed all 3 episodes on this disc. I think Patricia Arquette does a great job as Alison DuBois... our "Blonde Psychic".  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 09, 2009, 03:21:09 PM »

Charmed: Season 2 (Disc 5)
The Halliwell sisters are back... and they've got "the power of three"! Charmed: The Complete Second Season casts a spell of excitement, adventure and fun as Prue (Shannen Doherty), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) continue their journey as modern-day witches.

From the intense season opener, when the trio battles an old foe who attempts to render then powerless, to the suspense-filled, and at times very humorous season finale, these beauitiful heroines will have you wish for more. Their foes are stronger, Their powers are growing, and the suypernatural has even more unique ways of disrupting their drama-filled personal lives just when to het it together. Each exciting episode of Charmed: The Complete Second Season continues to work magic that made this critically acclaimed audiencefavorite a force to be reckoned with.

Episodes:
17. How To Make A Quilt Out Of Americans
18. Chick Flick
19. Ex Libris
20. Astral Monkey

My Thoughts:
I am now almost finished re-watching season 2 of Charmed. Some really good episodes on this disc. My favorite (which happens to be one of my favorites in the entire series) on this disc is Chick Flick which is named a little confusing... as it deals with a demon bringing killers from horror movies off the screen. I never really considered horror movies as "chick flicks".
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 09, 2009, 03:26:30 PM »

Spin City: Season 1 (Disc 3)
Spin City is a smart, sophisticated ABC sitcom about the behind-the-scenes workings of City Hall in the biggest city in America. Workaholic Mike Flaherty (Michael J. Fox) is the Deputy Mayor of New York City, serving as Mayor Randall Winston's (Barry Bostwick, Rocky Horror Picture Show) key strategist and much-needed handler.

Mike runs the city with the help of his oddball staff: an anxious and insecure press secretary (Richard Kind, Mad About You); a sexist, boorish chief of staff (Alan Ruck, Ferris Bueller's Day Off); an impeccably groomed gay activist running minority affairs (Michael Boatman, Arliss); a sharp and efficient, man-crazy accountant (Connie Britton, Friday Night Lights); and an idealistic young speechwriter (Alexander Chaplin). Like Mike, they are all professionally capable but personally challenged.

Spin City was an immediate hit when it debuted in 1996. The series reunited Fox with Family Ties executive producer and creator Gary David Goldberg and proved that the magic of their creative partnership was enduring.

Episodes:
13. Bye Bye Love
14. Starting Over
15. Gabby's Song
16. Kiss Me, Stupid
17. An Affair to Remember
18. Snowbound

My Thoughts:
Third disc in this set has been just as fun as the previous 2. I can't believe I forgot just how much I actually enjoyed this show. One of the few sitcoms I have watched in a long time that actually had me laugh out loud at least once on every episode I have watched. I am looking forward to the final disc in this set... as well as any future releases.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 09, 2009, 03:33:29 PM »

ER: Season 4 (Disc 1)
Heal 'em and wheel 'em: the exciting, Emmy Award-winning fourth season of ER unfolds in a six-disc collection featuring 22 episodes plus Dynamic DVD Extras.

A new face enters the mix at Chicago's County General: Dr. Elizabeth Corday (Alex Kingston) comes across the pond from England to work as a surgical fellow. There are plenty of new challenges ranging from the personal (Greene tries to patch things up with his father in San Diego) to the professional (Ross puts his career on the line to save the life of a seven-month-old baby boy), from the romantic (Hathaway can't commit to Ross) to the rowdy (two injured flying Elvis impersonators are gurneyed into the trauma rooms). Drop in today. No appointment necessary!

Episodes:
1. Ambush
2. Something New
3. Friendly Fire
4. When the Bough Breaks

My Thoughts:
Now that I watched the first disc in the 4th season set I know I have never seen any of the season 4 episodes. As I have never before seen the new doctor that started this season (Forget name... the one from England). I probably should have watched the last disc of season 3 again before starting this set as it has been quite a while since I saw those episodes and some things I remember... but some I do not. So I am a little lost on some things. But it looks to be the starts of another great set of episodes.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 09, 2009, 10:01:17 PM »

Time Tunnel: Vol. 1 (Disc 1 Side A)
"The control of time is potentially the most valuable treasure that man will ever find." Or so believed the scientists of Project Tic Toc. Located beneath the Arizona desert, the ten-year project's focus is the feasibility of time travel. But when the government reconsiders the project, the scientists have only 24 hours to prove their untested "Time Tunnel" will actually work. Determined to save the project, Dr. Tony Newman and Dr. Doug Philips go through the tunnel-and quickly find themselves catapulted from one historical event to another, barely escaping with their lives as their colleagues back in Arizona race to figure out a way to bring them back home.

Episodes:
1. Rendezvous With Yesterday
2. One Way To The Moon
3. End Of The World

My Thoughts:
I bought this set on the recommendation of a few people at the Home Theater Forum. And I must say... I am really glad I did. This is a series from 1966.I have been enjoying series from this time period (and earlier) lately since recently watching The Fugitive and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. I must say... I am really enjoying this series. I think I am enjoying this one even more then The Fugitive and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. And that is really saying something! I must get the second volume of this so I can complete the series!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 10, 2009, 03:34:18 AM »

ER: Season 4 (Disc 2)
Heal 'em and wheel 'em: the exciting, Emmy Award-winning fourth season of ER unfolds in a six-disc collection featuring 22 episodes plus Dynamic DVD Extras.

A new face enters the mix at Chicago's County General: Dr. Elizabeth Corday (Alex Kingston) comes across the pond from England to work as a surgical fellow. There are plenty of new challenges ranging from the personal (Greene tries to patch things up with his father in San Diego) to the professional (Ross puts his career on the line to save the life of a seven-month-old baby boy), from the romantic (Hathaway can't commit to Ross) to the rowdy (two injured flying Elvis impersonators are gurneyed into the trauma rooms). Drop in today. No appointment necessary!

Episodes:
5. Good Touch, Bad Touch
6. Ground Zero
7. Fathers and Sons
8. Freak Show

My Thoughts:
Decided to watch 4 more episodes. Pretty much all very good episodes. Well... all except one episode that is. I did not care much for Fathers and Sons... It just didn't feel like ER to me. I mean there was no scenes what so ever inside the hospital. Just Ross and Mark on the road for a few days. Watching an episode of ER without the ER just didn't feel right to me.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 12, 2009, 04:11:36 PM »

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 3 (Disc 1)
Set in the 24th century and decades after the adventures of the original crew of the starship Enterprise, this new series is the long-awaited successor to the original "Star Trek" (1966). Under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, the all new Enterprise NCC 1701-D travels out to distant planets to seek out new life and to boldly go where no one has gone before.

EPISODES:
1. Evolution
2. The Ensigns of Command
3. The Survivors
4. Who Watches the Watchers

My Thoughts:
It is so good to start seeing episodes I never seen before. I am enjoying every second of it already. The first thing I notice on this set is that the opening credits were changed. I like this season's better then the first two... looks very cool. I also am glad to see Dr. Crusher back. No real problem with the season 2 replacement... but I definitely preferred Dr. Crusher. As I was saying... all good episodes... but I especially enjoyed Who Watches the Watchers... that is definitely an excellent episode!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 03:36:03 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 12, 2009, 04:18:43 PM »

ER: Season 4 (Disc 3)

Episodes:
9. Obstruction of Justice
10. Do You See What I See?
11. Think Warm Thoughts
12. Sharp Relief

My Thoughts:
I really need to get caught up with this series. I have been enjoying every minute of this season. (for the most part.) These 4 episodes are very good. I especially enjoyed Do You See What I See... which is the Christmas episode for this season.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 13, 2009, 12:18:45 AM »

Charmed: Season 2 (Disc 6)
The Halliwell sisters are back... and they've got "the power of three"! Charmed: The Complete Second Season casts a spell of excitement, adventure and fun as Prue (Shannen Doherty), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) continue their journey as modern-day witches.

From the intense season opener, when the trio battles an old foe who attempts to render then powerless, to the suspense-filled, and at times very humorous season finale, these beautiful heroines will have you wish for more. Their foes are stronger, Their powers are growing, and the supernatural has even more unique ways of disrupting their drama-filled personal lives just when to get it together. Each exciting episode of Charmed: The Complete Second Season continues to work magic that made this critically acclaimed audience favorite a force to be reckoned with.

Episodes:
21. Apocalypse Not
22. Be Careful What You Witch For

My Thoughts:
This finishes off the second season of Charmed. I tell you... I watched these episodes so many times I think I almost have the series memorized. The last 2 episodes of this season... while not bad... are not among my favorites either. I think this season's finale is probably the weakest season finale of the series.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 14, 2009, 03:42:19 PM »

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 3 (Disc 2)
Set in the 24th century and decades after the adventures of the original crew of the starship Enterprise, this new series is the long-awaited successor to the original "Star Trek" (1966). Under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, the all new Enterprise NCC 1701-D travels out to distant planets to seek out new life and to boldly go where no one has gone before.

EPISODES:
5. The Bonding
6. Booby Trap
7. The Enemy
8. The Price

My Thoughts:
Another disc watched. On this disc I really enjoyed the episode The Bonding... excellent episode. But unfortunately for me the rest of the episodes on this disc was lacking. Not that they were bad... as I did still enjoy them all... they just weren't up there as high as most the previous episodes I have seen.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 12:49:24 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 14, 2009, 06:59:25 PM »

ER: Season 4 (Discs 4-6)

Episodes:
13. Carter's Choice
14. Family Practice
15. Exodus
16. My Brother's Keeper
17. A Bloody Mess
18. Gut Reaction
19. Shades of Gray
20. Of Past Regret and Future Fear
21. Suffer the Little Children
22. A Hole in the Heart

My Thoughts:
I found I just couldn't stop myself on this series. So far this show has been constantly very good... even with a bad one here and there. I thought they did a great job on this season. I especially enjoyed the season finale. There is also a nice selection of extras on this set. I especially enjoyed the celebration after they finished the live episode. The I also checked out the blooper reel and a couple of the deleted scenes. The Blooper Reel was pretty good... but it was mostly them goofing up their lines... but I guess that is to be expected with a medical drama.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #416 on: April 15, 2009, 02:17:51 PM »
The Blooper Reel was pretty good... but it was mostly them goofing up their lines... but I guess that is to be expected with a medical drama.
Don't forget how long their shots often are. Imagine they film one shot from the ambulance through the entrance into surgical room 2. 12 different people have said or screamed their lines and you are the last one in that scene and you blow it....
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 15, 2009, 02:38:38 PM »
Very true! I can only imagine how many times someone got knocked upside the head for flubbing their line right at the end there.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 15, 2009, 04:00:00 PM »

NCIS: Season 5 (Disc 1)
NCIS: The Fifth Season delivers more drama, surprises, wit and humor then ever before from the elite team of special agents that bravely battles spies, kidnappers, murderers and terrorists around the world. This season is marked by mysterious secrets among the cutting edge crew, an explosive showdown with an elusive arms dealer, and a shocking final episode that should not be missed. Starring Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, David McCallum, Sean Murray, Cote de Pablo, and Lauren Holly, this 5-disc set includes all 18 season 5 episodes, plus all-new behind-the-scenes special features.

Episodes:
1. Bury Your Dead
2. Family
3. Ex-File
4. Identity Crisis

My Thoughts:
This is one of my favorite current series. The season 5 set catches me up with the DVD Releases. All the episodes on the first disc are good... I especially enjoyed the episode Bury Your Dead.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #419 on: April 15, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »
The Blooper Reel was pretty good... but it was mostly them goofing up their lines... but I guess that is to be expected with a medical drama.
Don't forget how long their shots often are. Imagine they film one shot from the ambulance through the entrance into surgical room 2. 12 different people have said or screamed their lines and you are the last one in that scene and you blow it....

Years ago actors were much better at hiding problems and getting on with it. Probably because there was less of a divide between theatre and TV. You simply can't get it wrong on stage and laugh it off/ Now they seem to enjoy cocking things up! Doing it live sorts the men from the boys though, so to speak. Coronation Street is our longest running drama, though I don't like soaps. But I remember them doing a live episode and it must have been tough.