Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250707 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: addicted2dvd: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #360 on: February 23, 2009, 03:25:33 PM »

NCIS: Season 1 (Disc 2)
N.C.I.S.: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON follows an elite team of special agents who operate outside the military chain of command. Led by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a tough, highly skilled investigator who's willing to bend the rules to get the job done, this tight-knit crew travel the world investigating everything from murder and espionage to terrorism and kidnapping in this 6-disc set featuring all 23 pulse-pounding episodes from this unique and dynamic show that's "...taught, smart and wonderfully unpredictable."

Episodes:
5. The Curse
6. High Seas
7. Sub Rosa
8. Minimum Security

My Thoughts:
Four more episodes of this show. As I siad before... it is one of my favorites that I have been watching since it originally premiered on TV. These are all good episodes. Though for me... the episode Minimum Security is not as good as the previous episodes. It is still well worth watching.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 23, 2009, 07:02:30 PM »

The Facts of Life: Season 3 (Eps. 13-16)
School is back in session as Mrs. Garrett and the girls of Eastland return for the third season of THE FACTS OF LIFE, one of the biggest TV hits of the '80s! Charlotte Rae (1982 Emmy® nominee for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series) stars as school nutritionist Edna Garrett, who serves up her no-nonsense advice - and big laughs - to Blair (Lisa Whelchel), Tootie (Kim Fields), Natalie (Mindy Cohn), and Jo (Nancy McKeon). The four girls are maturing into responsible young women, and yet there is still so much more to learn.

Third season highlights include the girls' adventures in Manhattan, the cute boys of Bates Academy, the return of Cousin Geri, and even a special guest-star appearance by Jermaine Jackson. From the opening lines of the classic theme song to every one of Blair's "brilliant ideas," enjoy the poignant and hilarious moments of THE FACTS OF LIFE's third season, digitally mastered and on DVD for the first time!

EPISODES:
13. The Americanization of Miko
14. The Marriage Brokers
15. Starstruck
16. The Four Musketeers 

My Thoughts:
Decided to watch a some more episodes today. For the most part these were good episodes. Though I didn't care too much for Starstruck... I really enjoyed The Four Musketeers. I have to admit the paint fight in that one looked like a lot of fun! Now there is only eight episodes left for me to enjoy in this set. I would be thrilled to hear season 4 is being released... but I won't hold my breath.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 24, 2009, 02:01:51 AM »

Moonlight: The Complete Series (Disc 1)
Any private eye knows a lot about other people's secrets. L.A. private eye Mick St. John (Alex O'Loughlin) has a secret of his own. He's a vampire, dwelling in a covert netherworld complicated by friendship with an undead finance honcho (Jason Dohring), memories of the alluring ex-wife (Shannyn Sossamon) who turned him into a vampire, and a relationship with a human (Sophia Myles) he feels drawn to protect – and maybe to love. But no matter how tempting, Mick knows a vampire-human romance is eternally dangerous.

This 16-episode, 4-disc set of the series voted the 2008 People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama is a sure entertainment bet for all who like their vampire stories sleek, intense and passionate.

Episodes:
1. No Such Thing as Vampires
2. Out of the Past
3. Dr. Feelgood
4. Fever

My Thoughts:
This was one of my favorite new shows of last season. I feel it had a very strong start.. as the first few episodes was some of the best. And it continued to be good through-out it's short run. Unfortunately it found problems... from what I believe... due to the writers strike. And unfortunately this very liked series (winner of 2008 people's choice award) was canceled way before it's time.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 25, 2009, 01:48:13 AM »

Sabrina the Teenage Witch: Season 5 (Eps. 13-17)
Melissa Joan Hart is back as Sabrina Spellman, television's most popular teen witch! This season, Sabrina's enrolled in college in Boston, where she discovers just how hard it is juggling school, romance and three new roommates: straight-talking Roxie (Soliel Moon Frye, TV's Punky Brewster), resident advisor Morgan (Elisa Donovan), and science geek Miles (Trevor Lissauer). Still working at the coffeehouse with her secret crush Josh (David Lascher), Sabrina is surprised when Aunt Hilda (Caroline Rhea) decides to buy the popular establishment. And since Aunt Zelda (Beth Broderick) now teaches at Sabrina's college, talking cat Salem (voiced by Nick Bakay) is able to conjure up even more Outrageous schemes! Included on 3 discs are all 22 digitally remastered episodes of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch®: The Fifth Season!

Episodes:
13. Sabrina's New Roommate
14. Making the Grade
15. Love is a Many Complicated Thing
16. Sabrina, The Muse
17. Beach Blanket Bizarro

My Thoughts:
I watched 5 more episodes today. There was another holiday episode on this disc (the first being the Christmas ep)... this time a Valentine's Day episode. Which was a pretty good episode. Unlike the last episode I watched. Beach Blanket Bizarro has to be the worst episode I have seen so far in the entire 5 seasons of the show that I have in my collection! It was just terrible!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 25, 2009, 07:22:02 PM »

NCIS: Season 1 (Disc 3)
N.C.I.S.: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON follows an elite team of special agents who operate outside the military chain of command. Led by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a tough, highly skilled investigator who's willing to bend the rules to get the job done, this tight-knit crew travel the world investigating everything from murder and espionage to terrorism and kidnapping in this 6-disc set featuring all 23 pulse-pounding episodes from this unique and dynamic show that's "...taught, smart and wonderfully unpredictable."

Episodes:
9. Marine Down
10. Left for Dead
11. Eye Spy
12. My Other Left Foot

My Thoughts:
Four more episodes of this great series. I am really enjoying revisiting the first season. Though after this disc I think I will take a break from the show for a while. I want to try to catch up on the many other shows that I have fell behind on. The episodes on this disc was all very good... I especially liked My Other Left Foot.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 27, 2009, 02:04:33 AM »

The Facts of Life: Season 3 (Eps. 17-24)
School is back in session as Mrs. Garrett and the girls of Eastland return for the third season of THE FACTS OF LIFE, one of the biggest TV hits of the '80s! Charlotte Rae (1982 Emmy® nominee for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series) stars as school nutritionist Edna Garrett, who serves up her no-nonsense advice - and big laughs - to Blair (Lisa Whelchel), Tootie (Kim Fields), Natalie (Mindy Cohn), and Jo (Nancy McKeon). The four girls are maturing into responsible young women, and yet there is still so much more to learn.

Third season highlights include the girls' adventures in Manhattan, the cute boys of Bates Academy, the return of Cousin Geri, and even a special guest-star appearance by Jermaine Jackson. From the opening lines of the classic theme song to every one of Blair's "brilliant ideas," enjoy the poignant and hilarious moments of THE FACTS OF LIFE's third season, digitally mastered and on DVD for the first time!

EPISODES:
17. The Affair
18. Runaway
19. New York, New York
20. Kids Can Be Cruel
21. Mind Your Business
22. The Academy
23. Jo's Cousin
24. Read No Evil

My Thoughts:
This finishes off the season 3 set. I really enjoyed watching these old episodes again. I would love to see more seasons released... but I don't expect to see anymore. This episode has some really good episodes on it. Especially the last 2 episodes.  The episode Jo's Cousin had Jo off visiting family for her cousin's birthday. I don't know if it ever made it into one... but the family that she went to visit would have made a great spin-off series of their own. I know I would have been interested in seeing it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 28, 2009, 01:55:50 PM »

Charmed: Season 1 (Disc 1)
The discovery that they are descendants of a long line of witches finds three sisters battling demons and warlocks - and occasionally each other.

When the beautiful Halliwell sisters inherit a house from their grandmother and discover a secret "Book Of Shadows," they learn that they each have a unique power. The strong-willed Prue (Shannen Doherty) can move objects, reserved Piper (Holly Marie Combs) is able to freeze time, and the uninhibited Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) sees the future. Individually, each is strong, but it is only by putting aside their differences and banding together as the "Power of Three" that they will be able to protect the innocent and vanquish evil. Each exciting episode in this richly layered series is a supernatural adventure brewing with suspense and humor.

Episodes:
1. Something Wicca This Way Comes
2. I've Got You Under My Skin
3. Thank You for Not Morphing
4. Dead Man Dating

My Thoughts:
I got a huge urge to watch some Charmed... so I pulled out the first season set to watch how the show all started. The first four episodes of the series. All very good episodes... but I especially enjoyed Something Wicca This Way Comes which is the pilot episode and Dead Man Dating which is an episode that has a lot of Piper (Holly Marie Combs) which is my favorite of the three sisters.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #367 on: February 28, 2009, 02:08:15 PM »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #368 on: February 28, 2009, 03:05:48 PM »
I watched the Charmed pilot twice so far and never felt any urge to watch another episode.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

RossRoy

« Reply #369 on: February 28, 2009, 03:12:20 PM »
I watched the Charmed pilot twice so far and never felt any urge to watch another episode.

I find that for most show that I've already seen before, I can easily quell any urge to watch it by watching the pilot, followed by the series finale. Must be a psycho thing ;)

Edit: Wow! Old habits from the ICQ days just hit me. I tried posting the message by hitting Ctrl+Enter instead of doing Tab/Enter hahaha

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 28, 2009, 11:20:43 PM »

Square Pegs: Complete Series (Eps. 5-7)
SQUARE PEGS follows the hilarious misadventures of Patty (Sarah Jessica Parker, TV's "Sex and the City") and Lauren (Amy Linker), two freshmen girls desperate to fit in at Weemawee High School. Befriended by oddball characters Marshall (John Femia), a budding comedian, and Johnny Slash (Merritt Butrick), a wacky new-waver, Patty and Lauren still hope to impress the popular kids: valley girl Jennifer (Tracy Nelson), her tough boyfriend Vinnie (Jon Caliri), and their sassy friend LaDonna (Claudette Wells). And it would "behoove us" to not forget Muffy (Jami Gertz), the ever-peppy preppie!

Acclaimed by critics, SQUARE PEGS struck a chord with viewers of all ages and developed a huge cult following. Featuring guest stars Bill Murray, Martin Mull – plus New Wave acts Devo and The Waitresses (who perform the opening theme) – all 19 digitally remastered, rad episodes are now available in this awesome 3-disc set, on DVD for, like totally, the first time ever!

Episodes:
8. Open 24 Hours
9. Muffy's Bat Mitzvah
10. Hardly Working
11. A Child's Christmas in Weemawee

My Thoughts:
Today I started the second disc in the set. I was really getting into this show... but unfortunately these 4 episodes didn't help matters any... as it seem to take a little bit of a turn for the worse for me. Still enjoyable... but these half these episodes really didn't keep my interest as much as the ones before it did.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 01, 2009, 02:12:32 AM »

Sabrina the Teenage Witch: Season 5 (Eps. 18-22)
Melissa Joan Hart is back as Sabrina Spellman, television's most popular teen witch! This season, Sabrina's enrolled in college in Boston, where she discovers just how hard it is juggling school, romance and three new roommates: straight-talking Roxie (Soliel Moon Frye, TV's Punky Brewster), resident advisor Morgan (Elisa Donovan), and science geek Miles (Trevor Lissauer). Still working at the coffeehouse with her secret crush Josh (David Lascher), Sabrina is surprised when Aunt Hilda (Caroline Rhea) decides to buy the popular establishment. And since Aunt Zelda (Beth Broderick) now teaches at Sabrina's college, talking cat Salem (voiced by Nick Bakay) is able to conjure up even more Outrageous schemes! Included on 3 discs are all 22 digitally remastered episodes of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch®: The Fifth Season!

Episodes:
18. Witchright Hall
19. Do You See What I See
20. Sabrina, The Activist
21. Sabrina's Got Spirit
22. Finally!

My Thoughts:
Ok... this is the final 5 episodes of the season. It really didn't take me much time to watch this set... but it usually don't when it comes to this show. The fifth season episodes I never seen before... so this made it twice the fun for me. I was concerned with the change in the format of the series... what with Sabrina going off to college... but it worked for me. I enjoyed these episodes just as much as I did the previous seasons! I liked all the new additions to the show... even Josh (who I previously didn't care much for) grew on me. It took a while... but I even got used to Sabrina's dark hair. OK... I am ready for season 6 to come out!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 03, 2009, 08:28:49 PM »

Square Pegs: Complete Series (Eps. 14-19)
SQUARE PEGS follows the hilarious misadventures of Patty (Sarah Jessica Parker, TV's "Sex and the City") and Lauren (Amy Linker), two freshmen girls desperate to fit in at Weemawee High School. Befriended by oddball characters Marshall (John Femia), a budding comedian, and Johnny Slash (Merritt Butrick), a wacky new-waver, Patty and Lauren still hope to impress the popular kids: valley girl Jennifer (Tracy Nelson), her tough boyfriend Vinnie (Jon Caliri), and their sassy friend LaDonna (Claudette Wells). And it would "behoove us" to not forget Muffy (Jami Gertz), the ever-peppy preppie!

Acclaimed by critics, SQUARE PEGS struck a chord with viewers of all ages and developed a huge cult following. Featuring guest stars Bill Murray, Martin Mull – plus New Wave acts Devo and The Waitresses (who perform the opening theme) – all 19 digitally remastered, rad episodes are now available in this awesome 3-disc set, on DVD for, like totally, the first time ever!

Episodes:
14. It's Academical
15. The Stepanowicz Papers
16. To Serve Weemawee All My Days
17. No Substitutions
18. No Joy in Weemawee
19. The Arrangement

My Thoughts:
Well this finishes off the set. I enjoyed this set more then I thought I would. But at the same time... it could have been better. I really liked the 2 main characters. The rest was entertaining as well. But this series really does amp up the way High School in the '80s was. At least in my area. I mean yes we did have people similar to all the characters on the show. But not to the degree it was shown here. But over-all an enjoyable show that I am glad I added to my collection.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 04, 2009, 01:30:49 AM »

Charmed: Season 1 (Disc 2)
The discovery that they are descendants of a long line of witches finds three sisters battling demons and warlocks - and occasionally each other.

When the beautiful Halliwell sisters inherit a house from their grandmother and discover a secret "Book Of Shadows," they learn that they each have a unique power. The strong-willed Prue (Shannen Doherty) can move objects, reserved Piper (Holly Marie Combs) is able to freeze time, and the uninhibited Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) sees the future. Individually, each is strong, but it is only by putting aside their differences and banding together as the "Power of Three" that they will be able to protect the innocent and vanquish evil. Each exciting episode in this richly layered series is a supernatural adventure brewing with suspense and humor.

Episodes:
5. Dream Sorcerer
6. The Wedding From Hell
7. The Fourth Sister
8. The Truth is Out There and it Hurts

My Thoughts:
Felt like watching another disc of Charmed. What can I say... I love this show! Here I have a ton of TV Series I haven't watched at all yet but I still can't help but to watch this series.... a series I have watched countless times before.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 05, 2009, 11:57:06 PM »

Friday the 13th: The Series (Eps. 21-26)
Make a Date With Death....
as Friday the 13th - The Series makes its chilling debut on DVD with all 26 wickedly good first-season episodes on 6 discs! When two distant cousins inherit the strange "Curious Goods" antique shop, they soon discover that their deceased uncle paid the ultimate price for the hexed items in the store: his soul was claimed by Satan. Now, it' up to them and an eccentric antiques dealer to find each diabolical item sold from the store before it manifests it's evil powers. Open the door to true terror with the series that's crawling with psychological suspense and spine-tingling mysteries you won't want to miss!

Episodes:
21. Double Exposure
22. The Pirate's Promise
23. Badge of Honor
24. Pipe Dream
25. What A Mother Wouldn't Do
26. Bottle of Dreams

My Thoughts:
This finishes off season 1. And thankfully I have season 2 here waiting for me to start it... as I really enjoyed watching this series again. Out of these episodes I especially enjoyed The Pirate's Promise... I thought that episode was well done. Bottle of Dreams... the final episode in the season... is a clips episode. An episode that shows many clips from the first season episodes. Even though something like that is really enjoyable when it originally airs... on DVD it can be a little difficult to watch... especially if you watch the DVDs quickly. But in this case... it isn't difficult to watch at all since the wrap-around story is a good story on it's own.
Pete