Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250706 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #210 on: July 10, 2008, 02:40:24 PM »

Three's Company: Season 8 (Discs 3-4)
It's the unforgettable concluding season that began with Jack (Emmy® winner John Ritter) narrowly escaping marriage and children and ended in which he proposes to the woman he loves. In between, there were plenty of mistaken identities, sexual shenanigans, falls over furniture and even a visit from Jack's dad! But why are Janet (Joyce DeWitt) and Larry (Richard Kline) pretending to be French? How far will Terri (Priscilla Barnes) go to get a promotion> What happens when Jack and Mr. Furley (Don Knotts) get locked in the freezer? How did Jack get a tattoo on his derriere? And who is 'Grandma Tripper' and why is she being forced to bake cookies? Joanna Kerns, Rita Wilson, Mary Cadorette, Dick Shawn, Lana Clarkson and Robert Mandan co-star in these 21 episodes, including the double-length concluding episode, that bid a final farewell to the hilarious and beloved sitcom that changed television forever!

My Thoughts:
Well... After completing my collection so long ago I finally caught up on watching this entire series. I always found this series to be a lot of fun. It is one of my favorite series from the '70s/'80s.  They have always done a great job with this series... which kinda surprises me as much cast changing they have done over the years. But in my opinion... that didn't hurt it at all. This is one show that.. in my opinion... stayed hilarious through it's entire run. This set also has a nice collection of extras as well. Even though not nearly as popular... I would love to see the spin-off of Three's a Crowd be released!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 19, 2008, 05:30:12 PM »

24: Season 5 (Disc 2)
Eighteen months after faking his own death, Jack Bauer is forced to return to L.A. when it becomes apparent that the only four people who know he is still alive are being targeted for assassination. The killings coincide with the signing of an anti-terrorism treaty with Russia, leading Jack to suspect a link between the assassinations, the treaty, and a group of Russian terrorists. But as the terror unfolds, Jack learns the day's events were set in motion by an individual within the U.S. administration - someone with the power and resources to thwart Jack's every move. 

My Thoughts:
After 8 episodes... this show is really starting to take off now. I really like this nerve gas storyline.... it kinda reminds me of the season they did that virus... which was one of my favorite seasons personally. For some reason I like the idea of fighting something like that... whether a virus or nerve gas... it makes it more thrilling story... in my opinion at least.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 19, 2008, 07:52:45 PM »

The Lone Ranger: Legion of Old Timers; Pete & Pedro; Old Joe's Sister
The sole survivor of a posse of Texas Rangers ambushed by a gang of desperadoes, John Reid was left for dead and nursed back to health by Tonto (Jay Silverheels), a friendly Indian whom he had once helped. With a black mask and silver bullets from the mine he discovered with his brother, one of the slain Rangers, Reid sets out astride his horse, Silver, to right the wrongs of the West as The Lone Ranger (Clayton Moore)

Red Devers (Norman Willis) tries to steal the Circle K Ranch from Bob Kittredge (Star Trek's DeForest Kelley), until the disguised Ranger and foreman Banty Bishop (Emmett Lynn) form a "Legion of Old Timers." Then, "Pete and Pedro" (Rufe Davis, Don Diamond) join in to help lovely young Ellen Carter (Sheila Ryan) save her ranch from "the land-hungry hands of unscrupulous, violent men," led by Jeff Grant (John Parrish). Escaped killer Biff Baker (Lester Sharpe) shoots and impersonates hermit Joe Peters (Joel Friedkin) to seek his hidden gold, but must fool "Old Joe's Sister," Abby (Anne O'Neal), who hasn't seen him for thirty years.

My Thoughts:
I remember it like it was yesterday... when I was a young kid... just getting home from school... running down our lane as fast as I could just so I wouldn't miss that day's episode of The Lone Ranger... yes... this series is before my time. A good 20 years before my time to be honest... but one of the channels we got showed the reruns everyday after school. So I grew up watching The Lone Ranger and his trusty friend Tonto. So many years went by since I seen this series... when I saw a cheap 4-disc boxset at Walmart... I didn't even care that it came from Goodtimes DVD... a company known not to care about quality... I had to get this set. And let me tell you I enjoyed every minute of it. Watching these episodes I felt like a kid again.

This particular disc wasn't to terrible quality wise. But with no extras... and only 3 episodes... I did expect better then I got. My favorite episode on this disc had to be Legion of Old Timers. I mean they were all good... but I really enjoyed this one.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 19, 2008, 11:22:34 PM »

Survivor: Borneo: Season 1(Ep. 3-4)
Survivor's premise is simple: maroon sixteen normal Americans - men and women chosen from all walks of life - on the island of Pulau Tiga, twenty miles off the coast of Borneo. Once every three days the castaways gather to vote one of their own off the island. The last person wins a million dollars.

What transpired became television history and a pop culture phenomenon was born. Now with this special DVD box set you can relive every bit of the original Survivor telecasts, plus see and hear many things not shown on TV.

My Thoughts:
I discovered this series a couple years ago... so I am late coming into this one. So when I found the first season set really cheap I decided to pick it up since I never seen it before. But then I discovered even though this is a series I like... it is not one I can watch more then an episode or two at a time. It seems like for me a little is enough... or I will tire of it. This is the first series I came across that I couldn't even imagine doing a marathon of. But that is ok... it is good to have something to fall back on when I only want to watch an episode or two of.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2008, 04:56:36 PM »

JAG: Season 5 (Discs 1-2)
The hit series 'JAG' returns for its high-flying fifth season, with all 25 episodes on DVD for the very first time!

This season, Harm (David James Elliott) and Mac (Catherine Bell) are reunited when Harm leaves his flying career behind and returns to the Jag office...and not a moment to soon, as cases aboard carriers, submarines, and even a hijacked plane demand their attention! And as Admiral Chegwidden (John M. Jackson) find romance, and Bud (Patrick Labyorteaux) and Harriet (Karri Turner) adjust to parenthood, the whole gang travels to Australia.

Get ready for the best 'JAG' season yet!

My Thoughts:
This show on the other hand once I start watching I just can't stop. I have a hard time making these sets last more then a week most the time.I originally went into this one wanting to watch 1 disc... but had to pop in the second. This is a great series and I am now happy to say I am at the half way point of collecting the entire great 10 year run.  For the most part all the characters are likable... even though I have to admit... much like my feelings of Cole on Charmed... there is one character I had to deal with the last couple of seasons that I just can't stand. In this case it is Brumbley... the JAG Lawyer from Australia. Once again... I have no real reason to dislike him... it is just something about him is all.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »

A Haunting: Seasons 1 & 2 (Disc 2)
In sixteen chilling tales of the supernatural, on 3 DVDs, New Dominion Picture's 'A Haunting,' takes you inside real-life horror stories. The series originally aired on the Discovery Channel, and each eerie one-hour episode features eyewitness accounts and cinematic re-enactments of some of most spine-tingling, ghostly hauntings ever recorded, filmed in actual locations where these apparitions took place. They are all but guaranteed to spook even the most skeptical observer, but you can judge for yourself: are they imagined, or are they real?

Episode by episode, you'll be shocked and surprised by the spell-binding tales. Take the case of the dance club haunted by ghosts from a by-gone era, the child inhabited by evil that only an exorcism will cure, or house-haunting specters, scaring the wits out of their unsuspecting victims. 'A Haunting' explores these and many other unexplainable, eerie, and macabre tales of the paranormal.

By the end of each amazing story, you will experience a lingering sense that life and death are much stranger than you could have possibly imagined!

My Thoughts:
This is the second out of a 3 disc set. I am still enjoying this show very much. This disc has some good stories. On this disc I especially liked the ones called "Diabolical" and "Sallies House". This disc had a lot of kids involved. Including some child ghosts. Something that for some reason seems a little eerier then adult ghosts. Not sure why... but I always thought so at least.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 21, 2008, 07:46:50 PM »

JAG: Season 5 (Discs 3-4)
The hit series 'JAG' returns for its high-flying fifth season, with all 25 episodes on DVD for the very first time!

This season, Harm (David James Elliott) and Mac (Catherine Bell) are reunited when Harm leaves his flying career behind and returns to the Jag office...and not a moment to soon, as cases aboard carriers, submarines, and even a hijacked plane demand their attention! And as Admiral Chegwidden (John M. Jackson) find romance, and Bud (Patrick Labyorteaux) and Harriet (Karri Turner) adjust to parenthood, the whole gang travels to Australia.

My Thoughts:
As I said earlier... there is just something about this show that I have a hard time pulling myself away from.So I have now watched 2 more discs. This is a series that I only ever caught in reruns... so each time I get one of these sets I always catch episodes I never seen before. I am surprised to say that so far (with only 3 discs left to watch) I have seen every episode in this set before. But I am still hoping that I will find one or two eps that I never seen before... because that is always a fun thing. As I mentioned before... I hate the character Brumbley on this show... but I see now that his time seems to be just about up on the series... as he was sent back to Australia a few episodes back. I just finished the 2 part episode where Harm and Mac goes to Australia... so I think we may see him here and there for a couple more episodes... but think he will be gone after that.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2008, 10:41:48 AM »

24: Season 5 (Discs 3-6)
Eighteen months after faking his own death, Jack Bauer is forced to return to L.A. when it becomes apparent that the only four people who know he is still alive are being targeted for assassination. The killings coincide with the signing of an anti-terrorism treaty with Russia, leading Jack to suspect a link between the assassinations, the treaty, and a group of Russian terrorists. But as the terror unfolds, Jack learns the day's events were set in motion by an individual within the U.S. administration - someone with the power and resources to thwart Jack's every move. 

My Thoughts:
I had it in my mind that this set was going to last me for a while... but there is something about 24... Once I start to watch it... there just is no stopping till I complete the season. This is a really good season... with lots of twists and turns.  I enjoyed it from the beginning to the ending. There is a 7th disc... a bonus disc in this set. That I still need to watch but I am in no hurry to do that. I can get to it anytime.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2008, 06:16:39 PM »

Wonder Woman: Season 1 (Disc 1 Side A)
Meet the United States' secret and most beautiful weapon in the fight against tyranny: Wonder Woman! Season One of WONDER WOMAN (the Pilot Movie and 13 regular episodes) retains the World War II era of the super heroine's early comic book adventures. Also captured is the exuberant tone of a comic book come to screen life as the warrior princess, empowered by her sense of a woman's worth and by the mysterious substance Feminum that's found only on her remote native isle, battles a succession of Nazi baddies. Former Miss USA Lynda Carter stars as the heroine who hides her identity behind the oversized glasses of a War Department functionary. But when duty and danger call, she transforms. And the wonders never cease.

My Thoughts:
This is one of my favorite series from my childhood. One that I got my daughter hooked on when these was first released. Brittany and my mother has been having a Wonder Woman marathon for the past couple weeks... seeing them watch these episodes got me in the mood to watch a couple episodes... so I decided to watch the pilot movie and first episode today. It is still as enjoyable for me as it was when I was a kid. Though I do have to admit (and do expect most to disagree) that I personally prefer seasons 2 and 3 over the first season. I never cared much for the episodes dealing with the war and Nazis.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 25, 2008, 01:06:59 AM »

The Cosby Show: Season 1 (Disc 1)
The Cosby Show depicted a close-knit and prosperous African-American family from New York City. Clff and Clair Huxtable are a happily married, dual-profession couple with aspirations of raising their 5 children in an uplifting, positive environment. The Cosby Show appeared on NBC from 1984 to 1992, becoming one of the most popular programs in TV history.

For the first time on DVD, enjoy all twenty-four episodes from the inital season of this landmark comedy classic:

My Thoughts:
This disc has the first 8 episodes of the series. Even as much as I catch an episode here and there on Nick@Nite... I forgot just how enjoyable these early episodes were. I found myself literally laughing out loud on some of these episodes.  Does anyone know... are these discs the syndicated versions? The episodes seemed just a little bit short.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2008, 01:33:42 PM »

JAG: Season 5 (Disc 5)

My Thoughts:
The 5th disc contains the next 3 episodes. I am still loving every minute of this set. I said with the last update that so far in this season I have seen every single episode before. Well that has finally changed on this disc. There was actually one episode on this disc I have never seen before. So that made this disc even more enjoyable for me.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2008, 06:11:15 PM »
Does anyone know... are these discs the syndicated versions? The episodes seemed just a little bit short.
Yes, Season 1 were the syndicated versions. But because of many customer complaints, beginning with season 2 the longer network versions were used instead.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2008, 06:21:31 PM »
Thanks Tom...
At least they fixed it for the next set.  A shame about season 1 though.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2008, 06:32:08 PM »
Same problem as with the Roseanne releases. First season was syndicated, the rest network versions.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2008, 06:35:04 PM »
Wow... I didn't even notice it with Roseanne!   :bag:
Pete