Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 249590 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #870 on: August 17, 2011, 12:37:34 AM »
     All-American Girl: The Complete Series: Disc 2 (1994/United States)

Redisigning Women
(Original air date 10/12/94)
Margaret throws a bachelorette party for Stuart's traditional Korean fiancée.

Booktopus
(Original air date 10/19/94)
When the Kims decline an offer to sell their bookstore to a large chain, the chain announces that they will build a store across the street.

Mommie Nearest
(Original air date 10/26/94)
Margaret needs to hire a reliable temporary worker at the cosmetics counter and Ruthie and Gloria convince her to hire her mother.

Take My Family, Please
(Original air date 11/2/94)
Margaret does a comedy routine about her family in a karaoke bar — unaware that her parents and their friends are in the audience.

Exile On Market Street
(Original air date 11/16/94)
Margaret gets in trouble with a bouncer at a local club and ends up in jail the night before she's scheduled to take her law school entrance exam.

Stars:
Margaret Cho as Margaret Kim
Jodi Long as Katherine Kim
Clyde Kusatsu as Benny Kim
Amy Hill as Grandma
Maddie Corman as Ruthie
Ashley Johnson as Casey Emmerson
Judy Gold as Gloria

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I am now about half way through this series. And I am still enjoying it quite a bit. I had a few good chuckles watching this disc. I liked all the episodes on this disc... but if I had to pick a favorite... I would probably go with Take My Family, Please because Margaret Cho does some of her stand up routine at the karaoke bar.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 17, 2011, 03:08:39 PM »
Last night I watched the pilot episode of Smallville... some reason after watching season 9 I was in the mood to watch some early episodes. Before I knew it I had watched the entire first disc... and about to pop in disc two.

I don't know how into it I will get... but hopefully it won't be like Lois & Clark where I had to watch the entire series again... because with owning 9 seasons that would definitely take a while.

I shouldn't be surprised... but I couldn't get over how different the cast looked back then. Of course 10 years has gone by now. It was also good to seem some of the characters we haven't seen in a while... like Pete, Lana, Martha & Johnathan Kent.... even though I never liked him too much... even Whitley.

Anyway... about to go grab me some breakfast and pop in disc 2.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #872 on: August 17, 2011, 03:32:07 PM »
Careful, that's basically what happened to me. I wanted to start watching S8, then thought to go back and watch the end of S7 to get in the mood .. I ended up rewatching the whole series! But I had blast doing so! ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 17, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »
I am just about half way through the second disc now... and basically feel like I am getting hooked all over again! I think I am in trouble. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 18, 2011, 10:56:30 PM »
     Smallville: The Complete First Season (2001/United States)

Between the boy Clark Kent thought he was and the man he is destined to become lie the compelling stories of Smallville, the popular action series that reimagines the Superman saga from its roots. All 21 Season One episodes are in this collector's set powered with spellbinding Extra Features. Watch. Wonder. Enjoy. A Legend grows up in Smallville.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. Metamorphosis
3. Hothead
4. X-Ray
5. Cool
6. Hourglass
7. Craving
8. Jitters
9. Rogue
10. Shimmer
11. Hug
12. Leech
13. Kinetic
14. Zero
15. Nicodemus
16. Stray
17. Reaper
18. Drone
19. Crush
20. Obscura
21. Tempest

Stars:
Tom Welling as Clark Kent
Kristin Kreuk as Lana Lang
Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor
Eric Johnson as Whitney Fordman
Sam Jones III as Pete Ross
Allison Mack as Chloe Sullivan
Annette O'Toole as Martha Kent
John Schneider as Jonathan Kent
John Glover as Lionel Luthor

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Production Notes
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • Closed Captioned
  • Interactive Tour of Smallville

My Thoughts:
I just finished watching every episode of the first season. Yes it looks like I got hooked on another one of my old favorites again. I don't know if I will watch every episode I own or not at this point... but if I do it will take me a bit... as I own 9 seasons! But I do know I am ready to start season two. Especially with such a great cliffhanger that season one left off on. It has been a while since I watched these early episodes. It almost seemed weird seeing these characters so young again. But I guess that is to be expected when it comes to a series that lasted 10 seasons! Anyway... I really enjoyed every minute of re-watching the first season... and can't wait to pop in the first disc to season 2!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 20, 2011, 09:25:36 PM »
     Smallville: The Complete Second Season (2002/United States)

Superman's roots grow deeper in Season Two of Smallville. This 6-disc collection includes all 23 episodes plus bonus materials worthy of a superhero. This year finds Clark Kent grappling with his calling as he explores his true origins: was he sent to Earth to save humanity or destroy it? Lana and Clark grow closer than ever before. Lex gets married. Lionel lures Chloe toward the dark side. Martha and Jonathan Kent receive miraculous news. And Pete becomes a keeper of Clark's secret. One thing we can't keep secret: the legend grows stronger in Smallville!

Episodes
1. Vortex
2. Heat
3. Duplicity
4. Red
5. Nocturne
6. Redux
7. Lineage
8. Ryan
9. Dichotic
10. Skinwalker
11. Visage
12. Insurgence
13. Suspect
14. Rush
15. Prodigal
16. Fever
17. Rosetta
18. Visitor
19. Precipice
20. Witness
21. Accelerate
22. Calling
23. Exodus

Stars:

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • Closed Captioned
  • The Chloe Chronicles

My Thoughts:
Can you believe it? I actually finished off the entire second season of Smallville in only a day and a half! This season starts the season long story arcs... where season 1 was really nothing more then "freak of the week" type episodes. I enjoy it both... but I am glad to get into the season long storylines now. I really enjoyed every minute of watching the season again... especially seeing Christopher Reeve in one of the episodes. In the early seasons we get to see Clark develop his powers. In season 1 we got to see him get his X-Ray Vision. In season 2 we got to see him get his Heat Vision. So I guess that leaves Super Hearing for season 3.

I am still very much into watching more of the series. So looks like I am about to pop in the first disc of the 3rd season.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 22, 2011, 09:01:33 PM »
     Smallville: The Complete Third Season (2003/United States)

Everyone has a future. Clark Kent has a destiny - if he's willing to accept and able to master all the awesome powers and responsibilities that come with it.

The fascinating reinterpretation of Superman mythology and its classic characters continues in an event-packed 22-episode Season 3 that includes Clark's embracing of his dark side... and the devil's bargain Jonathan makes with Jor-El to rescue his son. Other highlights: Perry White and villainous Morgan Edge debut in the series. Clark hones a sensational new power. Chloe lets slip an intriguing reference to someone named Lois Lane. And the secret of Clark's true indentity burdens Pete, obsesses Lex and drives a wedge between Lana and Clark. The challenges of today shape tomorrow as never before in Smallville.

Episodes
1. Exile
2. Phoenix
3. Extinction
4. Slumber
5. Perry
6. Relic
7. Magnetic
8. Shattered
9. Asylum
10. Whisper
11. Delete
12. Hereafter
13. Velocity
14. Obsession
15. Resurrection
16. Crisis
17. Legacy
18. Truth
19. Memoria
20. Talisman
21. Forsaken
22. Covenant

Stars:

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • Closed Captioned
  • The Chloe Chronicles Vol. II

My Thoughts:
Just finished season 3. Still very much enjoying watching this series again. We did indeed see Clark get his super hearing this season. We also got another episode with Christopher Reeve. I am now about to pop in the first disc of Season 4! I can't believe I am already up to the season that introduces Lois Lane.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #877 on: August 22, 2011, 09:58:52 PM »
I am now about to pop in the first disc of Season 4! I can't believe I am already up to the season that introduces Lois Lane.

IMO, this is the point where the show gets really good. Lois Lane brings a refreshing dose of energy to the show, and they finally move Lana to the back burner more and more. Gets only better from here on out! See you at the end of Season 9!  :P :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 22, 2011, 11:00:18 PM »
 :laugh: at this rate you may be right! But I would hate to think I will watch season 9 again so soon! I just watched them... what?... last week? That is what got me going on Smallville again!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 24, 2011, 09:07:35 PM »
     Smallville: The Complete Fourth Season (2004/United States)

CLARK KENT will have plenty of reasons to remember his senior year! The thrilling reinterpretation of the SUPERMAN legend evolves in Season 4, whose 22 episodes include the quest for 3 KRYPTONIAN crystals... and Clark's bold attempt to keep those mysterious stones from destroying Earth. Clark also becomes a highly recruited football star. Lana embarks on a new romance and LOIS LANE -- smart, opinionated and entirely annoying to Clark -- comes to SMALLVILLE. This season also shows how Chloe learns the scoop of the century, Lionel becomes a straight-up nice guy (stay tuned), Lex steps further into the darkness and a new calling awaits Clark -- an awakening to a destiny that only he can accept and fulfill.

EPISODES:
[1] Crusade
[2] Gone
[3] Façade
[4] Devoted
[5] Run
[6] Transference
[7] Jinx
[8] Spell
[9] Bound
[10] Scare
[11] Unsafe
[12] Pariah
[13] Recruit
[14] Krypto
[15] Sacred
[16] Lucy
[17] Onyx
[18] Spirit
[19] Blank
[20] Ageless
[21] Forever
[22] Commencement

Stars:
Jensen Ackles as Jason Teague
Erica Durance as Lois Lane

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I have now finished season 4! And yes... I am still enjoying re-watching this series very much. Yes... I am indeed hooked again! This season introduced 2 new characters. The first being Lois Lane played by Erica Durance. During it's original run I thought it was too soon to introduce this character. I mean after all... she wasn't supposed to show up until After Clark became Superman. But her being there grew on me quickly. She ended up being one of my favorite characters of the series! She definitely added something to the series. The other new character was Jason Teague played by Jensen Ackles (Supernatural) This character I hated from his very first appearance. There was something about him I just didn't like. Thankfully he is only in the one season. I do however think Jensen Ackles is fantastic on Supernatural. This is also the last season of Clark and the gang in high school.

Now bring on Season Five!!!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 26, 2011, 01:07:14 PM »
     Smallville: The Complete Fifth Season (2005/United States)

CLARK KENT now carries a full load of classes at Central Kansas U., but that's not all he carries. He carries the full weight of his - perhaps the world's - destiny. "We call this season 'Superman in Training'," series co-creator Alfred Gough says. "Clark is going to accept his destiny." During this exciting pivotal season: The Fortress of Solitude rises. Clark faces rogue KRYPTONIANS. LEX LUTHOR launches a vicious political campaign. The FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE rises. Clark's love for LANA LANG deepens, and he and LOIS LANE remain friendly adversaries. He also crosses paths with AC (aka AQUAMAN), VICTOR STONE (aka CYBORG) and the mysterious Milton Fine (aka Brainiac). A dark tragedy - one even Clark's powers can't prevent - strikes. These and more key elements of Superman lore fall into place. The future MAN OF STEEL grows another year bolder in this bonus-packed DELUXE 6-DISC DVD SET.

Episodes:
1. Arrival
2. Mortal
3. Hidden
4. Aqua
5. Thirst
6. Exposed
7. Splinter
8. Solitude
9. Lexmas
10. Fanatic
11. Lockdown
12. Reckoning
13. Vengeance
14. Tomb
15. Cyborg
16. Hypnotic
17. Void
18. Fragile
19. Mercy
20. Fade
21. Oracle
22. Vessel

Stars:
James Marsters as Professor Milton Fine

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned
  • Vengeance Chronicles webisodes

My Thoughts:
I finished off the 5th season last night. Another very good season. In this season we have two guest superheroes showing up. First there is Auquaman and then there is Cyborg. This season we also get the first holiday themed episodes. While it don't come out and say it... there is a Halloween episode in Thirst with a vampire sorority. And then there is also Lexmas for a Christmas episode. This is also the season we say goodbye to John Schneider as Jonathan Kent.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 28, 2011, 07:02:30 PM »
     Smallville: The Complete Sixth Season (2006/United States)

They tried to be friends. But their chosen paths set them on a collision course. The CLARK KENT-LEX LUTHOR rivalry explodes into the fierce good-versus-evil battle fans have long expected in Season 6 of the spectacular series that reinterprets the characters and events of SUPERMAN mythology from its roots.

Adding to the rivalry: LANA LANG becomes Mrs. Luthor. Clark would be stunned to find out why she says 'yes'. But that’s not all that’s stunning. GREEN ARROW forms a SUPER HERO league. Will Clark join? PHANTOM ZONE escapees menace Earth. Can Clark stop them? LUTHORCORP expands its dark experiments. Will an awesome KRYPTONITE-powered army be the result? The answers - and thrills - are here!

EPISODES:
1. Zod
2. Sneeze
3. Wither
4. Arrow
5. Reunion
6. Fallout
7. Rage
8. Static
9. Subterranean
10. Hydro
11. Justice
12. Labyrinth
13. Crimson
14. Trespass
15. Freaks
16. Promise
17. Combat
18. Progeny
19. Nemesis
20. Prototype
21. Noir
22. Phantom

Stars:
Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen
Aaron Ashmore as Jimmy Olsen

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
Finished this season earlier this morning. Another great season... enjoyed it just as  much as the previous seasons. While there are episodes I like more then others... when looked at as a whole season by season it remains great entertainment through-out the series. My favorite episode of this season would have to be Justice where we get 4 superheroes besides Clark... being the starts of the Justice League. In that one episode we get to see Clark, Green Arrow, The Flash (code name Impulse in this episode), Cyborg and Aquaman. So I had a lot of fun watching that episode again.

As for special (familiar) guest stars this season... There was a couple. First there was Tori Spelling who played the part of a gossip reporter who had a way of getting to the truth. And then there was Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman) who played Chloe's mother.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 30, 2011, 01:39:21 AM »
     Smallville: The Complete Seventh Season (2007/United States)

There are two CLARK KENTs. One is the young man whose life in a tiny Kansas town sets him on destiny's path. The other is a BIZARRO show shares Clark's DNA but not his values. Only one of them can survive.

SUPERMAN mythology grows deeper and more powerful in an event-packed season that includes the arrival of Clark's cousin KARA/SUPERGIRL. Keep a low profile and master your powers, Clark says. Kara has other ideas. Plus: LANA LANG might prefer Bizarro to the real deal. LOIS LANE makes a career leap. CHLOE SULLIVAN finds that balancing a meteor power with a personal life isn't easy. And LEX LUTHOR's power-lust has a new fixation - Kara. New characters and complications. New secrets and lore. New thrills and special effects. Power up to Season 7!

Episodes:
1. Bizarro
2. Kara
3. Fierce
4. Cure
5. Action
6. Lara
7. Wrath
8. Blue
9. Gemini
10. Persona
11. Siren
12. Fracture
13. Hero
14. Traveler
15. Veritas
16. Descent
17. Sleeper
18. Apocalypse
19. Quest
20. Arctic

Stars:
Aaron Ashmore as Jimmy Olsen
Laura Vandervoort as Kara

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
While I still enjoyed this season very much over-all... it has my least favorite storyline of the entire series. That being the Veritas storyline. The episodes dealing with Veritas just didn't hold my interest as much as any of the other episodes. This season does introduce Kara/Supergirl. As for guest stars I am familiar with for this season. There was Dean Cain who played Clark Kent/Superman himself in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.  James Marsters returns in several episodes as Brainiac. This season we also see the long gone  Sam Jones III (Pete Ross) back for a single episode. Gina Holden (Blood Ties) shows up for a single episode as well.

The seventh season aired in 2007. Which is the year of the writer's strike. But we seemed to get lucky for this series... and didn't lose out on too many episodes this time. As this season still has 20 episodes. So I am thankful for that.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 30, 2011, 06:21:33 AM »
While I still enjoyed this season very much over-all... it has my least favorite storyline of the entire series.

[...]

The seventh season aired in 2007. Which is the year of the writer's strike. But we seemed to get lucky for this series... and didn't lose out on too many episodes this time.

:headscratch: How lucky was it really? Or is least favorite still that good? :tease:

There is an episode about Bizarro? That was one of my favorite villains when I read the comics in the 70s, even though I never really knew where he came from. it is pretty much the only one I remember from those days, besides Lex of course.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 30, 2011, 12:20:21 PM »
yeah... even though it was my least favorite season.... I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

Yup... Bizzaro is in more then one episode. Though they did put their own spin on it. Changed the origin and such. But that don't matter since you said you never knew where he came from anyway. :P
Pete