Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250711 times)

samuelrichardscott

Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #810 on: June 30, 2011, 06:44:23 PM »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CSI-Investigation-Danger-Tarantino-Episodes/dp/B000AE4QB0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309441851&sr=1-1

Used very good from £0.47 so probably under £4 deliver to your neck of the woods.
Awesome! Thank you. :thumbup:

It is long ago since I checked, but o ly Amazon US anyway; doubt I would have checked the UK store for this one :slaphead: Again, thanks for the heads up.

For another £0.40 or so you may as well get the half season set though and get an extra 10 episodes:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000F3AHR8/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1309452190&sr=8-2&condition=used

I love this show, just waiting on a price drop for S9 myself.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 30, 2011, 06:55:32 PM »
     CSI: NY: The Complete First Season: Disc 5 (2005/United States)

16. "Hush"
Mac and Stella investigate when they find the body of Paddy Dolan, a longshoreman. Part of the body is found on a transport truck and another part back at the warehouses, but Mac encounters difficulty with the investigation when the workers put up a wall of silence against them. Aiden and Danny investigate the death of Debbie Bogda, who was found naked on the expressway, and their investigation leads them into a world of sexual games and bondage once they realize she was actually harnessed to the front of a truck.

17. "The Fall"
When young gang members murder the owner of an upscale Bronx wine store, the CSI’s must work to find evidence that ultimately ties someone to the crime. Before dying, the storeowner makes a statement to police identifying his attackers as young gang members. Tempers flare when the murder investigation reunites Detective Flack with his long-time mentor and friend Sergeant Gavin Moran, who was the first to arrive at the crime scene. Meanwhile, Danny and Aiden investigate the death of an influential movie producer found dead on the canopy of his Chelsea apartment building.

18. "The Dove Commission"
When the chief investigator of a controversial report documenting corruption within the NYPD is gunned down the day before his findings are published, Mac and Stella must find the killer, launching a massive search that makes every officer listed in the report a suspect. Meanwhile, Danny and Aiden investigate the murder of a gypsy cab driver.

19. "Crimes and Misdemeanors"
When the body of a young woman is discovered at a laundry facility, the bed sheets she is wrapped in lead Mac and Stella back to an upscale New York hotel that houses diplomats from around the world when the United Nations is in special session. Meanwhile, Danny and Aiden investigate the death of a homeless man found dressed as a human statue. By all accounts, the prank is deemed a misdemeanour, but Danny decides to delve further and his refusal to stop the investigation puts him at odds with Mac.

Stars:
Gary Sinise as Mac Taylor
Melina Kanakaredes as Stella Bonasera
Carmine Giovinazzo as Danny Messer
Vanessa Ferlito as Aiden Burn
Hill Harper as Dr. Sheldon Hawke

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
While  I still prefer the original CSI... I am really starting to get used to the characters and into the stories on this show. It has definitely grown on me. All the episodes on this set has been constantly good. If I was to pick a favorite on this disc... I would have to say the first episode.. but pretty much enjoyed them all about the same.As for guest stars that I am familiar with on these episodes... in Hush we have Ted Raimi (Joxer on Xena: The Warrior Princess). He was the only one I recognized in these episodes.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #812 on: June 30, 2011, 07:06:37 PM »
Another great show. I've watched up to the end of season 3 on this.

Have you been watching Miami also addicted? My least favourite of the three but I still rate it (halfway through S5).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 30, 2011, 07:18:02 PM »
I am fairly new to the CSIs... So no haven't gotten any of the seasons of Miami as of yet. Not sure if I will or not though... I always very much so disliked David Caruso... I don't remember ever liking him in anything I have seen him it. But if the series is really good... I could look past him.

Looking at Amazon I see that the first season is only $13 and change... may give it a chance... not sure yet. I will be placing an order tomorrow anyway. Will see how I feel about it in the morning. :P
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #814 on: June 30, 2011, 07:34:40 PM »
If you really don't like Caruso I doubt you'll enjoy it then. I find him the weak link in this series but the strength of the supporting cast and some of the stories that span several seasons have kept me hooked.

I rank:
CSI: Vegas - 5/5
New York - 4.5/5
Miami - 4/5

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 30, 2011, 08:24:25 PM »
As long as the stories and the supporting cast is good I may enjoy it. I will have to think about it some and see what I decide in the morning when I make my order.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #816 on: June 30, 2011, 09:12:27 PM »
wow... Tarantino mentioned and no haters jumped on it!?!?  :tease:

I think they was the best episodes I have seen so far. I think I may try to get season 6 when I get paid tomorrow. Until then I will have to watch CSI: NY for my CSI fix. I don't think NY is as good of a series... but I still enjoy it. :)

Needless to say, I loved Grave Danger too. :P fantastic piece of work. I thought the film Buried would be better, but it was lost in the shadow of this.

He also directed an ER. Mother's Day I think it was called.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 30, 2011, 09:29:35 PM »
I am fairly new to the CSIs... So no haven't gotten any of the seasons of Miami as of yet. Not sure if I will or not though... I always very much so disliked David Caruso... I don't remember ever liking him in anything I have seen him it. But if the series is really good... I could look past him.

Looking at Amazon I see that the first season is only $13 and change... may give it a chance... not sure yet. I will be placing an order tomorrow anyway. Will see how I feel about it in the morning. :P

I went to Amazon again... trying to pick out some titles for tomorrow's order. And would you believe the price for CSI: Miami: Season 1 already went up in price from $13 to up over $20.... probably won't get it tomorrow.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 30, 2011, 09:30:18 PM »
wow... Tarantino mentioned and no haters jumped on it!?!?  :tease:

I think they was the best episodes I have seen so far. I think I may try to get season 6 when I get paid tomorrow. Until then I will have to watch CSI: NY for my CSI fix. I don't think NY is as good of a series... but I still enjoy it. :)

Needless to say, I loved Grave Danger too. :P fantastic piece of work. I thought the film Buried would be better, but it was lost in the shadow of this.

He also directed an ER. Mother's Day I think it was called.

ER is another series I am way behind on... I only have the first 4 seasons.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #819 on: June 30, 2011, 09:43:09 PM »
Actually I just checked and apparently it's called "Motherhood", but was in Season 1, episode 24! Surprised it was that early. Never a follower of E.R. myself, but I remember thinking Be Still My Heart from the sixth season(?) was one of the best moments of anything I'd seen on TV. It's where two characters (Carter was one) are stabbed by a patient. Incredible stuff.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 30, 2011, 09:55:48 PM »
Well then I do have the episode at least! :) I haven't watched the season 1 episodes in quite a while. Reading the plot for that episode don't really help me remember much. May have to watch the episode again.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 01, 2011, 11:15:01 PM »
     CSI: NY: The Complete First Season: Disc 6 (2005/United States)

20. "Supply and Demand"
When a college student is beaten, shot to death and his apartment ransacked in what appears to be a drug-related hit, the team must track down his killers. After examining the evidence in the murdered student's apartment, the team finds traces of pure, unprocessed heroin and discovers that the victim had a female roommate who is now missing. Meanwhile, Stella's aggressive interrogation tactics with a witness threaten her police badge.

21. "On the Job"
While processing a crime scene, Danny is suddenly attacked by a suspect hiding in the victim's closet. The ensuing chase leads them to a crowded New York subway where the suspect, an undercover cop and Danny all fire shots. When the smoke clears, the team is left with a dead cop, a missing suspect and Danny under investigation for the possible murder of the officer. Mac must prove who killed the cop in order to save Danny's job. Meanwhile, Stella investigates the death of a nanny killed in a Central Park restroom.

22. "The Closer"
The team examines the murder of an avid Boston Red Sox fan found dead with a ruptured spleen following a tough loss against New York. Danny must put his baseball skills to the test to piece together the evidence as the CSIs try to find out how and why he was murdered. Meanwhile, after testifying in a murder trial, Mac is confronted by the defendant, Quinn Sullivan, who questions the validity of the evidence. Mac is torn between trusting science or his desire to help a man facing jail time who swears he's innocent. Also, when a truck kills a barely clad woman early one morning, the team investigates why she was running through the streets and from whom.

23. "What You See is What You See"
While Mac dines at his local breakfast spot, a gunman opens fire, leaving a waitress critically injured and a man dead, and Mac having to choose whether to chase after the suspect or save the life of the young woman. Meanwhile, before the chaos, Mac was approached by a shy patron who awkwardly engaged him in conversation. After feeling that he saved her life during the shoot out, she asks him to join her for a drink and Mac must decide if he is ready to start dating after his wife's tragic death.

Stars:
Gary Sinise as Mac Taylor
Melina Kanakaredes as Stella Bonasera
Carmine Giovinazzo as Danny Messer
Vanessa Ferlito as Aiden Burn
Hill Harper as Dr. Sheldon Hawke

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Well... what do you know... I finally finished the first season of CSI: NY! I enjoyed it quite a bit. More then I thought I would at the beginning of the series... but it grew on me pretty good. There really wasn't any guest stars in these episodes that I am familiar with. But all were good... solid stories. I think this time my favorite episode would have to be On the Job... really good story.

While watching this set Vanessa Ferlito (Playing Aiden Burn) became my favorite on the show. After watching this set I looked ahead to the season two set to see what I had to look forward to... and what do I see? She left the series in season 2! she is only in a total of 3 episodes the entire second season! That bums me out a bit. I should have seen it coming... as her part in the episodes got smaller and smaller towards the end of the season.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 02, 2011, 07:23:56 PM »
     The Addams Family: Volume 2: Disc 1 (1965/United States)

SIDE A
THING IS MISSING
Airdate: 3/5/65
After Thing disappears, the family calls on detective Sam Diamond to unravel the mystery.

CRISIS IN THE ADDAMS FAMILY
Airdate: 3/12/65
When Fester's antics cause the family's insurance policy to be cancelled, he takes matters into his own hands, becoming an insurance salesman himself.

LURCH AND HIS HARPSICHORD
Airdate: 3/19/65
Lurch is despondent after his beloved harpsichord is donated to a museum, so the family tries to cheer him up.

MORTICIA, THE BREADWINNER
Airdate: 3/26/65
Morticia has money on her mind when she fears that Gomez has lost the family fortune.

SIDE B
THE ADDAMS FAMILY AND THE SPACEMEN
Airdate: 4/2/65
After meeting the Addams family, two UFO investigators find that flying saucers and aliens are the least of their worries.

MY SON, THE CHIMP
Airdate: 4/9/65
The family goes ape when Fester mistakenly believes that he has turned Pugsley into a monkey.

MORTICIA'S FAVORITE CHARITY
Airdate: 4/16/65
Hoping to clean out the attic, Morticia donates some uniquely Addams items to a local charity auction.

PROGRESS AND THE ADDAMS FAMILY
Airdate: 4/23/65
Gomez won't give in without a fight when Mr. Henderson, the city commissioner, informs the family that their house has been condemned.

Stars:
Carolyn Jones as Morticia
John Astin as Gomez
Jackie Coogan as Uncle Fester
Ted Cassidy as Lurch

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I got Volume 2 of The Addams Family back in June of 2007.... and I finally just now got around to finishing the first disc in the set. I always enjoyed this show... it is a fun classic sitcom. This disc has a lot of good episodes on it. But if I had to pick one as a favorite... and that would be hard to do... I guess I would have to go with Morticia's Favorite Charity. Of course My Son, the Chimp is a fun episode as well.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 02, 2011, 08:00:46 PM »
     Electra Woman and Dyna Girl (1976/United States)

Electrawoman and Dynagirl are gorgeous superheroes who, disguised as mild-mannered reporters for newsmaker magazine, battle a bevy of costumed villians . The wear skintight outfits with capes, and operate out of the secret Electrabase, which is headed by Frank Heflin, who designed and built the heroines' sophisticated equipment. This DVD features the first four episodes (only 8 were filmed and broadcast) of this cult classic.

Episodes:
1. The Sorcerer's Golden Trick
Electawoman and Dynagirl's archenemy The Sorcerer tries to break into Fort Knox.

2. Glitter Rock
Electra Woman combat the pulsating power of Glitter Rock and his plan to rule the country of Tourembourg.

3. Empress of Evil
Electra- Woman and Dyna-Girl battle the hypnotic evil of the Empress of Evil but find themselves in deadly peril once again..

4. Return of the Sorcerer
The Sorcerer returns to wreak havoc and threatens to steal the crown jewels of England. Can Electra Woman and Dyna Girl stop the villain from succeeding in his dastardly plan?

Stars:
Deidre Hall as Lori / ElectraWoman
Judy Strangis as Judy / Dynagirl
Norman Alden as Frank Heflin

Extras:
  • NONE

My Thoughts:
This is a DVD I got some time ago in a box of free DVDs. It is a homemade disc someone made with 4 episodes of the old kid show. It took me quite a while to get all episodes on the disc watch. Mainly because some shows from my childhood has held up fine... but others are a bit more difficult to watch as an adult. Unfortunately I found that this one is one of the shows that just don't hold up... just not the same watching with adult eyes. Even with that being the case... this show still has some nostalgic value since it is a show I used to watch as a young kid back in the mid '70s.

I tried to get my daughter to watch this show with me. She watched one episode when I first got it. But that was as much as she would do... I had to watch the majority of the disc by myself. But I still get a kick out of her reaction to some of the shows we used to watch when we were kids.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 02, 2011, 10:21:41 PM »
     The Golden Years of Classic Television: Game Shows (1952/United States)

$64,000 Challenge (1956-1958)
I’ve Got a Secret (1952-1976)
What Are the Odds
Dollar a Second (1953-1957)

Stars:
N/A

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
Before watching this DVD the only game show listed above that I was familiar with was I've Got A Secret... which I always enjoyed when I caught it on. What Are the Odds didn't even seem to be a game show. More like a host giving a talk on the stats of different things. Next up was the $64,000 Challenge... this one I enjoyed quite a bit. I liked that the episode on this disc had Vincent Price playing in the art category. Finally the last episode on this disc is the show Dollar a Second. This show was a real trip. I literally laughed out loud more then once. The Host (Jan Murray) was hilarious. While I doubt it... I will have to check Game Show Network schedule to see if they ever air this show. Being a bargain DVD release the quality wasn't quite as good as I hoped... but it really wasn't too bad either. The worst looking episode was I've Got A Secret. There was also a couple times the DVD completely froze for a few seconds as well. But over all... it was a fun disc to watch.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete