Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250711 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #795 on: June 22, 2011, 06:09:29 PM »
     The Ellen Show: Disc 1: Episodes 1-9 (2001/United States)

1. Pilot
After both her business and her social life go belly-up, Ellen deides to trade in the stress of her fast-track, big-city life for the slower pace of her small hometown.

2. Walden Pond
Ellen accepts a position as a guidance counselor at her old high school, but only after she and a suspended student desecrate a town statue and get arrested.

3. Chain Reaction
Ellen is conflicted between petitioning to stop a chain restaurant from ruining Clark's small-town character or supporting her sister, who just got a job there.

4. Vanity Hair
Convinced to change her hair for an upcoming magazine interview, Ellen winds up with a cut from a pet shop stylist...and it's far from best in show.

5. The Move
Threatened by Ellen's newfound bond with their mother dot, Catherine devises a scheme she's convinced will get her family's attention.

6. Muskrat Love
Ellen hires animal control to stop a group of relentless racoons from digging up her family's front lawn, but all are shocked when they discover the true patchy culprit.

7. Joe
Ellen is wary of Dot's new "gentleman caller" until she realizes that she actually likes the guy. But when she discovers his secret, she's faced with a dilemma.

8. Cathy's Taffy
Ellen entices Catherine to go into business together to market Catherine's taffy, but when the hobby turns into a job, Catherine no longer finds the partnership so sweet.

9. Missing the Bus
When long-time school bus drive Mrs. Gibson reaches the school's mandatory retirement age, Ellen is called into action to get behind the wheel.

Stars:
Ellen DeGeneres as Ellen Richmond
Jim Gaffigan as Rusty
Emily Rutherfurd as Catherine Richmond
Martin Mull as Mr. Munn
Cloris Leachman as Dot Richmond

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a short lived series Ellen DeGeneres did a few years after her hit series Ellen. This one isn't quite as good as Ellen... but I still enjoyed it very much. Once again Ellen's character is gay. Not surprising since it was just a few years after she came out. The episodes on this disc has plenty of laugh out loud moments. And some familiar guest stars as well. First the episode Joe has Tom Poston... who I personally know the best from Mork & Mindy. Then there is the always wonderful Betty White in the episode Missing the Bus. In the same episode... Dakota Fanning played a young Ellen in a flashback. While this series is not quite as good... and not as well known. If you enjoyed the series Ellen I am fairly sure you will enjoy this show as well.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 23, 2011, 12:14:49 AM »
     House M.D.: Season Three: Disc 3 (2007/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

"Words and Deeds"
Pride goes before the fall when House refuses to apologize to Detective Tritter in order to avoid jail time, and a firefighter chooses a dangerous treatment to avoid revealing a shocking secret.

"One Day, One Room"
In order to repay Cuddy, House reluctantly works clinic duty, where he meets a rape victim who compels him to examine his own life as he attempts to help her.

"Needle in the Haystack"
House and his team try to help a 16 year old with internal bleeding, but the young man’s family refuses all modern medical treatment.

"Insensitive"
A car crash victim arrives at the hospital, where it quickly becomes evident that he is unable to feel pain, which makes for a difficult and dangerous diagnosis.

"Half-Wit"
A musical savant whose talents inexplicably appeared after a bus accident comes under the care of House, who continues to struggle with his own health issues.

Stars:
Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House
Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy
Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman
Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson
Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary

My Thoughts:
Another disc full of very good episodes. I am thankful they whole storyline of the detective being after House is over with now. There is a couple guest stars I was familiar with on this disc. First there is Kadem Hardison (A Different World).... and then there was Kurtwood Smith (That '70s Show). I think my favorite episode on this disc would have to be Insensitive. I the girl not being able to register pain an interesting storyline.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 23, 2011, 03:03:40 PM »
     The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season: Disc 3 (2010/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

17. The Precious Fragmentation
“Give us the precious!” A prop ring from The Lord of the Rings film trilogy unleashes Sheldon’s inner Gollum.

18. The Pants Alternative
Penny has the remedy when Sheldon is paralyzed by stage fright before an awards ceremony. But there’s an unfortunate side effect.

19. The Wheaton Recurrence
Eager for retribution after the Mystic Warlords of Ka’a debacle, Sheldon goes mano a mano with Will Wheaton at the bowling lanes.

20. The Spaghetti Catalyst
After Leonard and Penny break up, one question remains: who gets custody of Sheldon?

21. The Plimpton Stimulation
A libidinous Princeton cosmological physicist is Sheldon’s houseguest, but it’s Leonard, Raj and Howard who get their cosmos rocked.

22. The Staircase Alternative
When Leonard met Sheldon: Leonard tells Penny how he and Sheldon became roommates...and why the elevator is eternally out of order.

23. The Lunar Excitation
The dating games. Howard and Raj sign Sheldon up for internet dating, and Penny’s new squeeze is another dumb hunk.

Stars:
Johnny Galecki as Leonard Hofstadter
Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper
Kaley Cuoco as Penny
Simon Helberg as Howard Wolowitz
Kunal Nayyar as Rajesh Koothrappali

Extras:
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
Finally finished off this set. I mean what took me so long... I have had it for a whole 4 days now!  :P This disc has some good episodes... enjoyed it quite a bit. And once again there was a few notable guest stars. Wil Wheaton (Star Trek: TNG) made his second appearance. Then Sara Gilbert (Roseanne) returns for a brief scene. And finally Mayim Bialik (Blossom) makes her first appearance. Picking a favorite episode off of this disc is easy. While I definitely enjoyed each and every episode... I absolutely loved The Staircase Alternative. The whole story on how Leonard and Sheldon met was just plain hilarious.

I also watched a couple of the extras on this disc. First I watched the Gag Reel as that has normally been a favorite extra of mine. And it was pretty good... had a few chuckles in it. After that I watched Takeout with the Cast of The Big Bang Theory... which is a featurette of the stars sitting around talking while enjoying Chinese take-out. This was a clever set-up to get the cast to answer some fan questions. Each of the questions were inside fortune cookies. It was a fun featurette... I actually enjoyed it a bit more then the gag reel.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 24, 2011, 10:17:25 PM »
     House M.D.: Season Three: Disc 4 (2007/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

"Top Secret"
An ex-Marine recently home after serving two years in Iraq, complains of various non-specific ailments and the team questions the validity of the case.

"Fetal Position"
The picture isn’t pretty when a celebrity photographer’s unborn child is threatening her health and even her life.

"Airborne"
Drama is at a whole new level when a violent and contagious illness spreads among the passengers on House and Cuddy’s flight home from Singapore.

"Act Your Age"
When a 6 year old girl collapses, House’s team quickly realizes that her symptoms are usually found in much older patients they race against the clock to find the cause.

"House Training"
Foreman’s judgment of a young underprivileged patient causes him to reflect on his own humble background, while House delves into Wilson’s romantic past.

Stars:

Extras:
  • NONE

My Thoughts:
I watched this one yesterday evening. I am still enjoying this series very much. I wouldn't go as far to say it took the place of my favorite medical drama (Grey's Anatomy) But this one is very close to it... almost equal to it. There is a few familiar faces on this disc. First there is Marc Blucas who played Riley on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Then there was Joel David Moore who played the intern Colin Fisher on Bones. And finally Charles S. Dutton which I know from several different movies I have seen him in. Picking a favorite episode on this disc... I would have to pick Airborne... where a couple of doctors are trapped on a plane with a violently ill person... who may be contagious... and there could be dozens of people dead before the plane can land. Sure I have seen this storyline on more then one medical show before... but this show did it well.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 25, 2011, 01:12:59 AM »
     House M.D.: Season Three: Disc 5 (2007/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

"Family"
A young boy about to donate bone marrow to his leukemia-stricken older brother becomes sick himself, and so desperate measures must be taken to save both lives.

"Resignation"
House stubbornly sticks to his original diagnosis of a severely sick college student despite the fact that her symptoms suggest there may be another cause.

"The Jerk"
An obnoxious chess prodigy arrives at the hospital with mysterious symptoms and an obvious ability to annoy everyone on the staff.

"Human Error"
A Cuban couple makes a life-threatening journey across the ocean in order to receive medical treatment from House.

Stars:

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
I just couldn't help myself. I had to watch the last disc of this set... and the last disc of the series that I own. I will HAVE to get season 4 when I get paid! I may even get season 5 to go with it... I am sooo hooked on this show now! all the episodes on this disc were very good... but if I was to pick a favorite... I guess I would go with Family. I think I enjoyed that one the most out of these. The only guest star on these episodes that I am familiar with would be Piper Perabo... who I just know from a handful of movies. The way this season ended I really can't wait to see where they go with the show.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 26, 2011, 03:36:53 PM »
     The Ellen Show: Disc 2: Episodes 10-18 (2001/United States)

10. Alive and Kicking
With no students to counsel, Ellen snoops around until she finds one. Insisting on fixing a fragile father/son relationship, Ellen is faced with unexpected results.

11. Ellen's First Christmas
Ellen surprises everyone by flying in her estranged aunt Mary, who offends Dot by buying everyone very expensive gifts. It's up to Ellen to save the holidays.

12. A Bird in the Hand
When Dot gives Ellen an heirloom brooch, Catherine is jealous and Ellen is less than excited. MAtters only get worse when she loses the brooch and has to fess up.

13. Just the Duck
Ellen discovers Catherine on a secret date with Rusty and is invited to join them; with an imminent breakup, a surprise rebound may be in the works.

14. Shallow Gal
When Ellen realizes she was the unpopular geek in school, she gets desperate and befriends the ex-head cheerleader. Is Ellen now the snob?

15. Gathering Moss
Catherine and Ellen attend a self-actualization session where they learn to "see it, want it, take it." They instead discover they can't take each other!

16. A Matter of Principal
After Ellen is left in charge of the school, her alternative approach leads to chaos. With a student body in complete anarchy, Ellen stumbles on a shocking secret.

17. Where the Sun Doesn't Shine
When Ellen lobbies for her mother Dot to receive the annual town Sunshine Prize, Ellen discovers that she's also up for the prize - and is the favorite to win.

18. One for the Roadshow
Ellen discovers that the board game her Aunt Mary gave her years ago that has never been opened is worth thousands of dollars - enough for Ellen to move out.

Stars:
Ellen DeGeneres as Ellen Richmond
Jim Gaffigan as Rusty
Emily Rutherfurd as Catherine Richmond
Martin Mull as Mr. Munn
Kerri Kenney as Pam

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Decided to finish off this set over the last couple days. As I believe I said when watching the first disc... this is a good series but I prefer her earlier series Ellen. This disc is filled with several familiar guest stars. First in Ellen's First Christmas... Ellen pulled off a Mary Tyler Moore Show reunion. As always Cloris Leachman plays Ellen's mother. Then for this episode she got Mary Tyler Moore herself to play her aunt.... and finally with a surprise appearance at the end of the episode we have Ed Asner. Then in the Episode Shallow Girl we get two more... we get Maureen McCormick (The Brady Bunch) as well as Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory). And then in the very next episode... Gathering Moss we have the late, great John Ritter (Three's Company) I thought it was pretty cool that Kaley Cuoco and John Ritter was in back to back episodes what with them starring together in 8 Simple Rules. Picking a favorite episode on this disc is fairly easy... even though I enjoyed all the episodes very much. My favorite episode must be Ellen's First Christmas.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 26, 2011, 08:36:45 PM »
     Pretty Little Liars: Season 1: Disc 1 (2010/United States)

Rosewood is a perfect little town with a great many secrets, the ugliest of which belong to the four prettiest girls in town: Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily, friends whose darkest secrets are about to unravel. One year ago, Alison, the Queen Bee of the group, disappeared, and the girls stopped being each other's BFF's. Now they start getting messages from "A" saying things only Alison would know. A spills their secrets, watches their every move and makes some very scary threats. The girls reunite to discover what's going on: Is Alison back? Or is A someone else altogether? Share the mystery with the complete Season One of the enthralling new series based upon the New York Times bestselling series by Sara Shepard. You'll be hooked!

1. Pilot
When a year has past since the disappearance of their best friend and leader, four estranged friends band together when an unknown person threatens to tell the world their deepest secrets.

2. The Jenna Thing
The circumstances surrounding Alison's disappearance continue to haunt Aria, Emily, Spencer and Hanna, as questions arise about the night she went missing. To complicate matters, Jenna's return to Rosewood makes the girls face an unpleasant past and an incident that sealed their friendship forever.

3. To Kill a Mocking Girl
As the girls try to pay tribute to Alison's memory, the four friends are faced with unresolved issues. Aria has an unsettling encounter with her father's former mistress, Meredith. Emily is forced to see Toby Cavanaugh in a new light. Spencer is reeling in the wake of a vengeful Melissa. And Hanna is desperate to have her boyfriend, Sean, forget the "old" Hanna. With "A" taunting them every step of the way, how can the girls forge ahead and leave the past behind?

4. Can You Hear Me Now?
Tired of being harassed by “A,” the girls decide to put a stop to the anonymous emails and text messages by blocking all unknown users. But even with the mysterious ghost no longer looming over their heads, the girls’ problems are far from over.

5. Reality Bites Me
Trying to ignore "A" backfired for the girls, and now they must pay the penalty. Whether it's a family in crisis, parental praise for an undeserved honor looming over their heads or wearing totally unfashionable scrubs while working off a debt – the girls must deal with it all. And on top of that, "A's" lipstick message is still haunting them.

Stars:
Lucy Hale as Aria Montgomery
Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings
Ashley Benson as Hanna Marin
Shay Mitchell as Emily Fields
Sasha Pieterse as Alison DiLaurentis
Chad Lowe as Byron Montgomery
Holly Marie Combs as Ella Montgomery
Ian Harding as Ezra Fitz
Laura Leighton as Ashley Marin
Bianca Lawson as Maya St. Germain

Extras:
  • Deleted Scenes

My Thoughts:
Note: This is a disc we rented from Netflix.
This is a show I never seen before... but one I was curious about. As I have been a fan of Holly Marie Combs for a long time... and she plays the mother of one of the teen girls. Then today while watching it I find out that Lucy Hale plays her daughter.... who I know from the 2007 version of Bionic Woman playing Jaime Summer's little sister.

As for the show itself. I enjoyed it more then I thought I would to be honest. I really like the mystery of who killed Allison and who is sending all the messages to her friends.  My brother watched this disc before I did... and he said it reminded him of Veronica Mars... but I don't see it. I would say it reminds me more of the Jennifer Love Hewitt movie I Know What You Did Last Summer. We will continue getting the discs through Netflix... and I can see eventually adding the series to my collection... depending on when I can get it cheap... as I am on a bit of a budget here lately.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 27, 2011, 02:26:17 AM »
     Bionic Woman: Volume One: Disc 2 (2007/United States)

"The Education of Jamie Sommers"
Jamie experiences college when she goes undercover as a student to investigate a professor—but the case gets complicated when she falls for the teacher's assistant, who is also a suspect.

"The List"
Tom and Jamie are partnered and sent to Paris, where they struggle to maintain a professional relationship.

"Trust Issues"
Jonas appoints Jamie and Antonio to stop an assassination plot, but Jamie soon doubts whether she can trust her partner.

"Do Not Disturb"
A much-needed spa vacation is anything but restful for Jamie when she is pulled into a deadly game of cat and mouse with another hotel guest.

Stars:
Michelle Ryan as Jamie Somers
Miguel Ferrer as Jonas Bledsoe
Molly Price as Ruth Truewell
Lucy Hale as Becca Sommers
Isaiah Washington as Antonio Pope

Extras:
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
After watching the first disc of Pretty Little Liars: Season 1 today... I wanted to finish off this set which also has Lucy Hale are a regular. The only guest star on this disc that I am familiar with is Beth Broderick (Aunt Zelda on Sabrina the Teenage Witch). While I enjoyed all the episodes on this disc... picking a favorite is easy for me. On this disc I liked the final episode. It was a fun episode and Jamie got close to telling her sister about herself. Something I was waiting to happen the entire time. I enjoyed this series quite a bit... and think I enjoy it a little more on multiple viewings then I originally did when it was first airing.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 28, 2011, 12:24:17 AM »
     CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Complete Fifth Season: Disc 5 (2005/United States)

17. COMPULSION
A serial killer strikes again, and the CSI team tries new technology using evidence from a prior killing. They find a fingerprint belonging to Jesse Acheson, who becomes the prime suspect. Nick and Catherine investigate the murder of a young boy found dead in his bed. His brother confesses to the killing, but evidence suggests that he may not have committed the crime.

18. SPARK OF LIFE
Grissom, Sara, and Greg investigate a wildfire that killed one man and badly burned a woman. Catherine, Nick, and Warrick get the case of a family of three murdered in their home.

19. 4 X 4
One night, four cases. Grissom and Brass get a stolen hummer and a taco stand. Warrick gets a dead car show girl. Sara and Greg get a dead bodybuilder. Nick gets a dead boy found on a bench.

20. HOLLYWOOD BRASS
Brass travels to Hollywood, California to try to track down his estranged daughter's friend, meanwhile trying to rekindle some kind of relationship with her.

Stars:
William Petersen as Gil Grissom
Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
George Eads as Nick Stokes
Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Finally getting back to this series. I am still enjoying it very much. On this disc there was only 2 guest stars that I recognized. And they were both in the same one episode... Compulsion. The guest stars was Wil Wheaton (Star Trek: TNG) and Jason Segal (How I Met Your Mother). As for my favorite episode on this disc... it is a close call as they are all right good... But I guess I would go with Hollywood Brass as it digs a little into Captain Brass' personal life.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 29, 2011, 12:13:45 AM »
     CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Complete Fifth Season: Disc 6 (2005/United States)

21. COMMITTED
Grissom and Sara investigate the murder of a mental-hospital patient and quickly narrow down the suspects to a handful of other patients and staff members.

22. WEEPING WILLOWS
A man (Alan Rosenberg) whom Catherine flirted with at a bar reappears in her life as a suspect in a murder investigation of a woman who was shot and killed.

23. ICED
Two amorous freshmen are found dead in a sleeping bag in a dorm room, and Sara and Greg run into one dead end after another as they try to determine why the students were killed. Warrick, Nick and Catherine figure out how a man is found dead in the center of a crop circle. Ecklie is called into duty for a man found dead in his car and his body later goes missing.

Stars:
Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
With only a handful of episodes left (this disc and a double length season finale on next disc) I decided to try and finish off this season of CSI. The only guest star familiar on these episodes was in the last episode of the disc. Which was the second appearance of Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother). All the episode on this disc were very good. I really got into the storyline of all three episodes. The first episode... Committed... on this disc was pretty disturbing. And because of that... it has to be my favorite episode on this disc.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 29, 2011, 02:57:18 AM »
     CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Complete Fifth Season: Disc 7 (2005/United States)

24. GRAVE DANGER (Volume 1)
The CSI teams come together to save one of their own when they learn one team member has been kidnapped and buried alive, and now they must find him before he suffocates under 5 feet of dirt.

24. GRAVE DANGER (Volume 2)
After Grissom gives the kidnapper the ransom money, the kidnapper blows himself up. The team must band together and cover every piece of area to find Nick. The team gets close, but then run into a couple dead ends. The clock is ticking and time is running out for Nick who is suffering and suffocating underground.

Stars:
Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Wow! What an amazing double episode season finale! I loved every second of it! I just found it amazing... couldn't imagine it being any better then what it was. I really don't know what else I could say. Definitely the best this season had to offer... possibly even the series.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 29, 2011, 06:29:28 AM »
Grave Danger was directed by Quentin Tarantino... I saw about half of it (second half) and wouldn't mind buying it, if it was available stand-alone.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 30, 2011, 03:42:17 PM »
wow... Tarantino mentioned and no haters jumped on it!?!?  :tease:

I think they was the best episodes I have seen so far. I think I may try to get season 6 when I get paid tomorrow. Until then I will have to watch CSI: NY for my CSI fix. I don't think NY is as good of a series... but I still enjoy it. :)
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #808 on: June 30, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »
Grave Danger was directed by Quentin Tarantino... I saw about half of it (second half) and wouldn't mind buying it, if it was available stand-alone.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CSI-Investigation-Danger-Tarantino-Episodes/dp/B000AE4QB0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309441851&sr=1-1

Used very good from £0.47 so probably under £4 deliver to your neck of the woods.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 30, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/CSI-Investigation-Danger-Tarantino-Episodes/dp/B000AE4QB0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309441851&sr=1-1

Used very good from £0.47 so probably under £4 deliver to your neck of the woods.
Awesome! Thank you. :thumbup:

It is long ago since I checked, but o ly Amazon US anyway; doubt I would have checked the UK store for this one :slaphead: Again, thanks for the heads up.