Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250707 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #765 on: May 27, 2011, 02:19:58 AM »
     Defenders of the Earth: The Complete 65 Episode Series: Disc 1 (1986/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

"Defenders of the Earthâ„¢" Follows the continuing story of Flash Gordon, who returns to Earth in the near future, to defend the planet against the evil emporer Ming. In the exciting battle between good and evil that follows , Flash teams up with Mandrake, the master of illusion, the powerfully strong Luthar, and the Phantom, who has the ability to summon the strength of the jungle animals in his battle against evil. The dazzling quartet of heroes is joined by their youngoffspring: Hansome and strong Luthar "L.J.", Jr.; and orphanedKshin with his outer-space pet Zuffy. Together the team of heroes must battle against evildoers from their pasts and future, including Ming and his underlings, as well as super villians, marauding aliens, destructive demons, and sultry enchantresses! United as a team, they protect mankind as the Defenders of the Earth.

Episodes
1. Escape from Mongo
2. The Creation of Monitor
3. A Demon in his Pocket
4. A Hole Divided
5. Family Reunion
6. Bits 'N' Chips
7. Root Evil
8. Cold War
9. The Sleeper Awakes
10. The Revenge of Astra
11. Hall of Wisdom
12. The Mind Warriors
13. The Mind Warriors II

Stars:
William Callaway as Kurt Walker
Adam Carl as Kshin
Ron Feinberg as Ming the Merciless
Buster Jones as Lothar
Loren Lester as Rick Gordon
Sarah Partridge as Jedda Walker
Diane Pershing as Dynak X
Peter Renaday as Mandrake the Magician
Lou Richards as Flash Gordon
Peter Mark Richman as The Phantom
Dion Willliams as L.J.

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
I bought this set in early April... and finally finishing off Disc 1 today. Don't get me wrong... I am enjoying watching the show again after so many years but I am definitely taking my time with it. This cartoon is a good combination of mystical superheroes and sci-fi. I will have to keep this set in mind... be sure to watch the rest of the episodes before too long. 13 episodes down... 52 to go!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 27, 2011, 02:21:06 AM »
hmmmm.... straight 4 star ratings... it really did turn out to be a fun day of TV Shows on DVD watching!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 30, 2011, 02:47:57 PM »
     She-Wolf of London / Love and Curses: The Complete Series: Disc Two (1990/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

6. Little Bookshop of Horrors
When two murders resembling scenes from literature occur in a single week, Ian and Randi discover that in both cases the murderers had recently acquired books which had come from the same shop. They confront the owner of the shop, who admits to putting a curse on the books, and to sending additional cursed classics to every member of Parliament. Can lan and Randi find a way to remove the curse from these books in time? And, in the process, will they discover how to cure Randi's curse?

7. Can't Keep a Dead Man Down (1)
Someone is raising the dead from London cemeteries, and a recent widow who is terrified by her husband's return asks lan and Randi to investigate. At the same time, Monumental Pictures in Hollywood has sent Charlie Beaudine to negotiate the movie rights to lan's latest book, "Satan's Sex Slaves." Unfortunately for lan, Charlie is Randi's ex-fiance, and is more interested in returning to L.A. with Randi than with the book.

8. Can't Keep a Dead Man Down (2)
Randi returns from L.A. and discovers lan has been raised as a zombie! "I'm dead," lan remarks, "you're a werewolf: what a delightful couple -imagine our children!" Are there now two curses to cure?

9. The Wild Hunt
lan and Randi go on a weekend vacation, but when lan's car brakes down, they end up in a dead-end town with no public transportation in or out. That night, Randi sees "a madman on a horse, dragging a headless body!"

10. What's Got Into Them?
lan's old professor comes to visit lan, and perhaps offer him a Job at Oxford When they come to lan's house, they find that lan's mum has begun to act like a lush, drinking heavily and making lewd advances at both the Professor and, later, her husband. Upon discovering the Professor is an expert in mythology and the occult, she reveals her true dilemma: "If you was a ghost, being chased by an evil spirit, how would you escape?" Can the Professor, lan and Randi help this ghost and exorcise lan's mum, or will the evil spirit destroy them all?

Stars:
Kate Hodge as Randi Wallace
Neil Dickson as Ian Matheson
Scott Fults as Julian Matheson
Jean Challis as Mum Matheson
Arthur Cox as Dad Matheson

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
I am still enjoying this show quite a bit. Some of the episodes do get a little on the overly-silly side. But they are fun to watch all the same. One episode on this I especially enjoyed is the second part of Can't Keep a Dead Man Down. This is mainly because we got to see the werewolf better then we have seen her in any of the episodes to this point. Not only do we get good clear looks at the werewolf.. she transforms not once... but twice in that one episode which is definitely a first... especially considering we sometimes go 2 to 3 episodes without seeing her transform at all. I also found it very entertaining... they actually had her on a plane when the full moon came. And she had to improvise and went to the restroom when she felt the transformation starting. This show also has quite a bit of overacting in it. But that seems to be on purpose and all the actors does their fair share of it. Like it is actually part of the show.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 30, 2011, 09:06:54 PM »
     Hey Vern It's Ernest: The Complete Series (1988/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

With the overwhelming success of Ernest Goes to Camp in 1987, Ernest-mania was in full force. The lovable southern bumpkin, a familiar face in numerous television commericals in the 80s, had finally reached the big screen and now it was time for a stint on television in Hey Vern, It's Ernest!

Jim Varney who created the Ernest P. Worrell character starred in this imaginative Saturday morning kid's program composed of a series of live-action comedy sketches. Each show follows a particular weekly theme such as outer space, hobbies, scary things or magic. Hey Vern, It's Ernest! has been compared to other live-action kids comedy series such as You Can't Do That On Television and Pee-Wee's Playhouse!

Episodes:
1. Hey Vern, It's Outer Space
2. Hey Vern, It's Clothing
3. Hey Vern, It's Scary Things
4. Hey Vern, It's Movies

Stars:
Jim Varney as Ernest, Dr. Otto, Auntie Nelda, Various
Gailard Sartain as Chuck, Lonnie Don, Matt Finish
Bruce Arntson as Existo the Magician, Mr. Clown, Various
Mac Bennett as Mac
Daniel Butler as Earl the Barber, Various
Bill Byrge as Bobby

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
I been wanting to check this series out for a while now. Only because I have always got a kick out of those old Ernest commercials from the '80s... and I enjoyed what few Ernest movies I have seen.So a friend of mine got me a copy for an early birthday present. And I must say... I am not that impressed. Sure he does a lot of characters... some of which are from those old commercials so that was fun. But for the most part it is nothing more then a silly kid show. But I was expecting that and thought I could get through it with little to no problems. But I guess that is only the case when nostalgia is involved. To give an idea on this show... think something similar to Peewee's Playhouse. Though in my opinion this is much better... for the plain fact that I can not stand Peewee Herman! Ernest is way much better! Oh well... I will still make my way through this set. It is just something I can't watch more then a few episodes at a time... here and there. So it will definitely take me some time to get through it!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 30, 2011, 09:22:16 PM »
It is just something I can't watch more then a few episodes at a time... here and there. So it will definitely take me some time to get through it!
It isn't like that that you will decrease your unwatched list :whistle:
It's only four episodes so make an effort (even if by the score it looks like quite a task) :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 30, 2011, 09:30:52 PM »
 :laugh: That is ok... I have plenty other titles I can work harder on!  :tease:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 31, 2011, 01:57:21 AM »
     Dennis the Menace: Season One: Disc 3 (1960/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

15. Dennis And The Rare Coin
Mr. Wilson purchases a rare coin for $250, but Mrs. Wilson, without realizing it, lets Dennis take it to use in a wishing well.

16. Dennis And The Bike
When his parents won't buy him a bicycle, Dennis attempts to get one on his own.

17. Dennis And The Open House
The Mitchells are having an open-house party and are worried that Dennis may, somehow, make trouble.

18. Dennis And The Duck
Dennis' duck causes problems in Mr. Wilson's garden and Mr. Wilson warns Dennis to keep him out.

19. Dennis And The Swing
Henry tries to take Alice out for their anniversary. Meanwhile, Dennis tries to build a swing in his yard and ends up chasing a cat up a tree in the process.

20. Dennis And The Dog
Dennis cares for a dog named Charlie who turns out to be quite an artist.

21. Mr. Wilson's Sister
After being read Treasure Island, Dennis and Tommy become fascinated with buried treasure.

Stars:
Jay North as Dennis
Herbert Anderson as Henry Mitchell
Gloria Henry as Alice Mitchell
Joseph Kearns as Mr. Wilson
Sylvia Field as Mrs. Wilson

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
Now this is more like it! Some real nostalgia!  Of course this show is before my time... but I watched it in reruns through-out my childhood. And once again I had a blast watching these episodes again. While it is a tough call I would say my favorite episode on this disc was Mr. Wilson's Sister. I have also been right impressed with the quality of these episodes. As old as they are and they look great. I have had no problems with the audio or the video in any of the episodes yet. Granted this is on a standard 24" TV... no idea how they would be on an HDTV.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 01, 2011, 02:47:55 AM »
     The Batman: The Complete Fourth Season: Disc 1: DC Comics Kids Collection (2006/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

1. A Matter of Family
After a young circus performer named Dick Grayson loses his parents to a criminal named Tony Zucco, Bruce Wayne adopts the young boy. Once Bruce's secret is revealed, Dick joins Batman as his new sidekick, Robin. Together, they set out to find Zucco and bring him to justice.

2. Team Penguin
After watching a movie about criminal masterminds, Penguin gets the idea to form a team of Gotham's greatest villains in order to finally take Batman down. Meanwhile, Batgirl and Robin must learn how to work together.

3. Clayfaces
After the Joker's plan to make all the dogs laugh like hyenas is thwarted by Clayface (Ethan Bennett), he plans to prove himself to Batman by turning a new leaf. Meanwhile, actor Basil Karlo steals the mutagen responsible for Ethan Bennett for becoming Clayface and he becomes the new Clayface. Can Batman trust Ethan enough to help him stop Karlo?

4. The Everywhere Man
When evidence from a series of art thefts by the Everywhere Man, a new costumed villain with the power to replicate, implicates Bruce's close friend John Marlowe, Batman believes there must be another explanation. Now, Batman must unmask the identity of the "Everywhere Man" and prove his friend's innocence.

5. The Breakout
After Batman apprehends Black Mask, his henchmen plan to spring him from Gotham P.D. so that Black Mask can activate his doomsday device. When Batman is captured, Batgirl and Robin must stop the villain and save the city on their own.

6. Strange New World
Hugo Strange infects the population of Gotham City with a virus that transforms them into zombies, and only Batman and Robin are left to find and distribute the antidote. But when Robin falls, only Batman can save the day. But not everything is at it seems ...

7. Artifacts
A thousand years into the future, the citizens of new Gotham must uncover the history of the Batman in order to stop a new Mr. Freeze.

Stars:
Rino Romano as The Batman/ Bruce Wayne
Evan Sabara as Robin/ Dick Grayson
Danielle Judovits as Batgirl/ Barbara Gordon
Alastair Duncan as Alfred
Kevin Conroy as John Grayson

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
It is nice seeing some more episodes of this series. I am glad to see the addition of Robin. Think they did him pretty good in this series. I also enjoyed how they did the more or less sibling rivalry between him and Batgirl. I especially liked the last two episodes on this disc. The one dealing with Zombies I liked because... well you know me when it comes to anything horror related... and I thought it was pretty cool seeing a zombie version of Batgirl and Robin. And the last episode on this disc... I don't know why... I just always liked episodes such as this where they go well into the future and look back into the history/legend of the character. If I am not mistaken they also did an episode or two like this on Xena as well.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 02, 2011, 08:26:20 PM »
     House M.D.: Season One: Disc 1 (2004/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

SIDE A:

"PILOT"
Original Air Date: 11/16/04
When a teacher spouts gibberish and convulses in front of her baffled kindergarten class, House quickly calls attendance on his team of experts before her rapidly deteriorating condition forces her to drop out of school for good.

"PATERNITY"
Original Air Date: 11/23/04
The nighttime holds particular terrors for a lacrosse player who suffers from delusions, and House proposes a risky retinal biopsy in order to see if something in the boy's genetic makeup is making him afraid of te dark.

"OCCAM'S RAZOR"
Original Air Date: 11/30/04
After a rowdy niht of sex with his girlfriend a college student goes into shock and collapses, leaving House and his team overwhelmed with theories - none of them right - for his rapidly dropping white blood count.

"MATERNITY"
Original Air Date: 12/07/04
A virus spreads quickly amongst the youngest patients in the hospital, and House must make a risky decision in order to save as many babies as he can.

SIDE B:

"DAMNED IF YOU DO"
Original Air Date: 12/14/04
A nun appears in the ER with red and swollen palms, but when an allergy prescription for her goes awry, House and the crew wouldn't mind a little divine intervention in the case.

"THE SOCRATIC METHOD"
Original Air Date: 12/21/04
Family matters take an extra importance when House looks into the case of a schizophrenic woman and her devoted son, who is suspected of over-medicating his ailing mother.

"FIDELITY"
Original Air Date: 12/28/04
It's truth or consequences when a woman catches a rare Africian sleeping sickness transmitted through sexual contact, but neither she nor her husband will admit to having an affair.

"POISON"
Original Air Date: 1/25/05
A toxin sends a high school boy into convulsions, but after an experimental treatment fails and a through inspection of the boy's home turns up nothing, the boy's mother refuses to take any more risks until she's heard from the Center for Disease Control.

Stars:
Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House
Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy
Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman
Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson
Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
This is the first time I ever seen this show. A good friend of mine sent me the first three seasons when she heard I never seen it before. She knew I would love it... as I normally do when it comes to medical shows. I must say at first I couldn't stand the main character... Dr. House. I found him to be very arrogant and annoying. But somehow that old arrogant grump grew on me over the first few episodes. The way Dr. House was always swallowing pain pills for his leg I thought early on that they would have him addicted to pain medicine at some point in this series... and while there was nothing too much about it yet... one of the doctors mentioned something about him being an addict. I seen it coming... but was surprised to see it come this soon. While I enjoyed all the episodes on this disc... I think my favorite episode so far has to be DAMNED IF YOU DO... about the nun coming to the hospital. Which also just happened to be the Christmas episode as well.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 03, 2011, 01:06:19 AM »
     The Batman: The Complete Fourth Season: Disc 2: DC Comics Kids Collection (2006/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

8. Seconds
The Bat Team goes up against an unstoppable thief who knows their every move.

9. Riddler's Revenge
The Riddler and Batman are dropped at the bottom of Gotham Harbor ... and the Riddler reveals his origins.

10. Two of a Kind
When Daytime TV host Harleen Quinzell is canceled from her television program for ambushing Bruce Wayne, Joker takes an interest and decides to groom her as his new partner in crime, Harley Quinn.

11. Rumors
The villains of Gotham City are disappearing, each one defeated and captured by an invisible vigilante named Rumor. Batman and Robin must defeat Rumor before he has a chance to execute the villains.

12. The Joining Part I
Bruce discovers that Wayne Industries is distributing alien technology across the world and gains the aid of a mysterious ally, who warns him of an alien race threatening to conquer Earth. Meanwhile, Batman begins to wonder whether he'd be better off without Batgirl and Robin.

13. The Joining Part II
The Joining has launched its attack on Earth and the key to defeating them is Wayne Industries' satellites. As Batman and Martian Manhunter attempt to penetrate Wayne Towers, Alfred encourages Batgirl and Robin to disobey Batman while the battle for Earth begins.

Stars:
Rino Romano as The Batman/ Bruce Wayne
Alastair Duncan as Alfred
Evan Sabara as Robin/ Dick Grayson
Danielle Judovits as Batgirl/ Barbara Gordon
Dave Foley as Francis

Extras:
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This disc completes the fourth season. It also introduces Harley Quinn. They pretty much made the classic Harley.... didn't really change her look up at all. I enjoyed all the episodes on this disc... especially the last two where they bring in the Martin Manhunter. There was a lot of fun and action in that 2 part season finale. And they set up the final (fifth) season real nicely at the end... where the Martin Manhunter brings Batman into the Justice League... which of course means there will be a lot of guest super-heroes in the final season. So I am really looking forward to continue watching this series.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 05, 2011, 12:35:52 AM »
     The Batman: The Complete Fifth Season: Disc 1: DC Comics Kids Collection (2007/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

1. The Batman/Superman Story (Part 1)
Batman and Superman find themselves teamed up when Lex Luthor begins his operations in Gotham City to take down his arch-nemesis, and employs a horde of the Batman's villains to do so.

2. The Batman/Superman Story (Part 2)
Batman and Robin must battle Superman, who is under Lex Luthor's mind control, as the villain plans to launch a wave of robots and take over the world's armies.

3. Vertigo
Batman welcomes another member of the Justice League to Gotham as he teams up with Green Arrow when Vertigo, a villain who can affect people's sense of balance, arrives in the city with a diabolical plan.

4. White Heat
Perpetual loser Firefly tries to upgrade his powers with the aid of his new girlfriend Blaze, but is exposed to radioactive phosphorous and takes on a new more dangerous identity as... Phosphorus.

5. A Mirror Darkly
Batman and Robin team up with the Flash to thwart Mirror Master's plans to trap everyone in their own mirror image.

6. Joker Express
Gotham citizens are bursting into hysterical laughter and dumping stolen goods into the river, and Batman is soon on the trail of the Joker.

7. Ring Toss
Green Lantern seeks out Batman's help in locating renegade Green Lantern Sinestro, but when the villain comes to Earth, the Penguin ends up with the hero's power ring.

Stars:
Rino Romano as The Batman/Bruce Wayne
Evan Sabara as Robin/Dick Grayson
George Newbern as Clark Kent/Superman
Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor
Dana Delany as Lois Lane

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
It is pretty cool seeing all the different heroes from the Justice League in the show in the fifth season. It does seem a little strange that they all know each others secret identities. Not that it don't make sense... just not used to it. My favorite episodes on this disc is the 2 part episode with Superman and Ring Toss with the Green Lantern. There was also an episode with The Flash. They kinda disappointed me with how they did The Flash. He looked fine... but the way they made him act seemed off. They normally make the character smart mouthed and funny. But in this show they didn't do that... but made everything he does really fast... even in his downtime... like talk fast and eat fast... the works. It made it feel like he couldn't act "normal" at all... even if he tried... making him have a secret identity odd... like he wouldn't be able to pull it off. Over-all I am still enjoying this show quite a bit. Makes me sad to realize I only have 6 more episodes to watch of the entire series.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 05, 2011, 11:52:03 PM »
     Worst Week: The Complete Series: Disc 2 (2008/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Worst Week is an outrageous comedy series about a guy, a girl, her parents and a side-splitting assortment of catastrophes. Sam (Kyle Bornheimer, Jericho) and Melanie (Erinn Hayes, Kitchen Confidential) are engaged with a baby on the way - so winning over her parents is job #1 for Sam. Stern judge Dick (Kurtwood Smith, That '70s Show) and overprotective Angela (Nancy Lenehan, My Name Is Earl) are willing to give this well-meaning young man the benefit of the doubt, but something utterly disastrous happens every time they get together. That won't stop Sam from trying though and, with supportive Melanie doing damage control, he'll just keep jumping back into the fray, hoping to charm his way into the good graces of his future in-laws. Each time he tries though the mishaps get crazier. Based on the acclaimed British sitcom The Worst Week of My Life, this madcap comedy from one of the twisted minds that brought you Scrubs boldly goes where no family misadventure has gone before.

Episodes:
9. The Cake
10. The Wedding
11. The Gift
12. The Apartment
13. The Article
14. The Puppy
15. The Sex
16. The Epidural

Stars:
Kyle Bornheimer as Sam Briggs
Erinn Hayes as Melanie Clayton
Nancy Lenehan as Angela Clayton
Jay Malone as Adam
Kurtwood Smith as Dick Clayton

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
As I was saying when I watched disc 1... From the first time I saw the pilot episode of this short-lived sitcom I knew it wasn't going to make it. But that didn't stop me from enjoying the show.  I am really glad I got this DVD set... as it turns out I missed most the episodes during the second half of the original airing. So I was able to see them for the very first time today. This series only lasted 16 episodes... but either they knew ahead of time about the cancellation or we got lucky on this one. As the last episode closed out the series rather well. Ending with the birth of their baby. So no unanswered question here. The last episode also happens to be my favorite episode of the series. I thought it was very funny the way they did it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 07, 2011, 01:03:21 AM »
     House M.D.: Season One: Disc 2 (2005/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

SIDE A:

"DNR"
Original Air Date: 2/1/05
House violates a "Do Not Resuscitate" order in order to save John Henry Gilas, a wheelchair-bound trumpet player who has accepted a slow death and wants to meet House in court for violating his wishes. Harry Lennix (Ray) guest stars.

"HISTORIES"
Original Air Date: 2/08/05
Foreman is unhappy to be treating a homeless woman who he believes is faking seizures in order to get meal tickets. But her shadowy past becomes of utmost importance for House and his team after she bites Foreman and disappears from the hospital. Leslie Hope (24) guest stars.

"DETOX"
Original Air Date: 2/15/05
A 16-year-old patient is experiencing unusual blood loss, but Foreman and Cameron are concerned when House's directives for the patient become more and more severe after he accepts a challenge to get off Vicodin.

"SPORTS MEDICINE"
Original Air Date: 2/22/05
More than a pitcher's career is at stake when a severely broken arm reveals bizarre bone loss, and House suspects the man is playing foul with drug addiction. Scott Faley (Felicity) guest stars.

SIDE B:

"CURSED"
Original Air Date: 3/1/05
A twelve-year-old-boy is admitted to the hospital with a fever and a suspicious rash. What seems like a case of pneumonia spins into something much more difficult to diagnose because it could be allergies, Anthrax, an autoimmune disorder......or somehing even worse.

"CONTROL"
Original Air Date: 3/15/05
A seemingly confident but fragile female executive is found to have an actual broken heart, but her self-cutting and bulimia may prevent her from getting the transplant she needs to stay alive. Chi McBride (Boston Public) and Sarah Clarke (24) guest star.

"MOB RULES"
Original Air Date: 3/22/05
House uses desperate measures to diagnose a Mafia man with a failing liver, and finds himself questioning if the mobster could be gay.

"HEAVY"
Original Air Date: 3/29/05
After a 10-year old girl suffers a heart attack, House is sure that the real issue is more than her weight and believes that her obesity is a symptom, rather than the cause, of her life threatening situation.

Stars:
Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House
Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy
Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman
Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson
Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
This show is quickly becoming very addictive to me. I am getting more and more hooked with each episode. Even the main character... House... has really grown on me as I didn't like him at all at the very beginning of the series. Now I can't wait to see what he will do next. I really like medical dramas... and this one is starting to rank up there with my top favorite. I am so glad I finally got the chance to see this series. I think my favorite episodes on this disc is between Cursed and Heavy. Oddly enough they are also the two episodes dealing with a child getting sick. For some reason that seems to make the stories more urgent. I mean who don't want to see a deathly sick kid finally get treated and saved.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 07, 2011, 02:14:40 AM »
I had a feeling you were going to like this series. It's great you finally got a chance to add this to your collection.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 08, 2011, 12:55:16 AM »
     The Batman: The Complete Fifth Season: Disc 2: DC Comics Kids Collection (2007/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

8. The Metal Face of Comedy
With the help of a slacker, Joker's mind is downloaded into a computer, enabling him to control the new WayneTech Nanobots. This creates a new and improved body who attempts to destroy Batman, Robin, and the original Joker.

9. Attack of the Terrible Trio
A trio of college misfits use stolen mutagens from Dr. Kirk Langstrom to transform themselves into animal forms and get revenge on those who have scorned them.

10. The End of Batman
Wrath and Scorn, two twins of the Dynamic Duo, are helping the villains of Gotham City. But what happens when both Batman and Wrath uncover each other's identities?

11. What Goes Up...
When Black Mask hires Hawkman's arch-nemesis the Shadow Thief to break him out of Arkham and assist in the theft of a meteorite, Batman must team up with fellow Justice League member Hawkman to defeat the villains.

12. Lost Heroes (Part 1)
The super-powered members of the Justice League begin disappearing one by one. Only Batman and Green Arrow are left to investigate and discover that old enemies are involved.

13. Lost Heroes (Part 2)
The heroes fight their android counterparts to recover the Justice League's powers, while the Joining prepares for its final assault on Earth.

Stars:
Rino Romano as The Batman/Bruce Wayne
Evan Sabara as Robin/Dick Grayson
Kevin Michael Richardson as The Joker
Hynden Walch as Harley Quinn
Jerry O'Connell as Nightwing

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
This disc finishes off not only the season... but the entire series. I have now seen every episode of The Batman.  And I must say... I enjoyed it more then I thought I would. What with how some of the characters were drawing and such. Which is something that only took a short time to get used to. This disc finished off the series nicely. As the 2 part finale worked well as both a season finale as well as a series finale. And I must say the 2 part finale was my favorite episodes on this disc. Mostly because every member of the Justice League was in it... so no shortage of superheroes there! I did find it a bit odd that they didn't have Wonder Woman as part of the Justice League in this series. Anyway... it was a lot of fun watching these episodes... can definitely see myself watching the series again at some point.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete