Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250706 times)

RossRoy

Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #645 on: August 09, 2010, 11:21:13 PM »
I'm up to S5 on Miami and halfway through S3 of NY and trust me, give it time, as the characters definately evolve well and there are some fantastic episodes throughout.

I believe this must be true. I mean I've only seen S1 of NY and S1-3 of Miami. I do remember there being some really great episodes in Miami - and I remember starting to warm up to Caruso a bit. I think it was on a child kidnapping case where he almost goes bonkers. For NY, I've only watched S1 so far, and never got the urge to continue. I was so disappointed, I had such high hopes for Lieutenant Dan as a CSI. Maybe he just needs to find his stride and I didn't give him the chance so far ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 23, 2010, 12:38:40 AM »

Scrubs: Season 1 (All Episodes)
Check into the surreal world of Sacred Heart Hospital, where the staff is bizarre and the laughter is contagious. Fresh-faced J.D. (Zach Braff) and his fellow new medical residents weave their way through each unpredictable day with hilarious results. 'Scrubs' is "a masterpiece," raves Matthew Gilbert of 'The Boston Globe'.

Now relive all 24 episodes of the groundbreaking show's highly acclaimed first season. With a host of great bonus features, including deleted scenes and a fascinating retrospective documentary, this spectacular three-DVD set is off-the-charts entertainment you'll want to watch over and over again.

EPISODES:
1. My First Day (Pilot)
2. My Mentor
3. My Best Friend's Mistake
4. My Old Lady
5. My Two Dads
6. My Bad
7. My Super Ego
8. My Fifteen Minutes
9. My Day Off
10. My Nickname
11. My Own Personal Jesus
12. My Blind Date
13. My Balancing Act
14. My Drug Buddy
15. My Bed Banter & Beyond
16. My Heavy Meddle
17. My Student
18. My Tuscaloosa Heart
19. My Old Man
20. My Way Or The Highway
21. My Sacrificial Clam
22. My Occurrence
23. My Hero
24. My Last Day

My Thoughts:
No matter how hard I tried... this weekend I just couldn't get in the mood to watch movies. And I felt like something just fun to watch. So I pulled out this set... and watched the entire season in just 2 days. I really enjoyed watching this show again. I never watched any of the episodes before getting the DVDs... so there is still many I have not seen. I only have the first 2 seasons. So that is as far as I have seen. I enjoyed watching this season again so much I may go ahead and watch season 2 again as well. I really need to get more seasons in my collection!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 24, 2010, 12:08:44 PM »
Just over last night and today I watched all of Season 2 of Scrubs! This was a fun show to revisit... just wish I had season 3 to continue on.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 31, 2010, 05:48:45 PM »
The Best of Whose Line is it Anyway?
No one gets voted off the show. That would be too easy. Instead contestants face crueler fates: be a fish on a TV dating show, Adam and Eve when they first converse, a doo-wop group singing about a girl (and a tragic taxidermy accident). We're not making this up. The are. Host Drew Carey, a clever crew of comedy regulars and special guests (David Hasselhoff, Florence Henderson, Jerry Springer, Richard Simmons, bodybuilder Jane Tricker and more) come up with funny-on-the-fly in the hit series that crosses a game show with mad improvision. Discover 10 of the show's best episodes with all of the censor bars and bleeps removed, so you can enjoy every bit of the delicious and daring funny business in all its glory. Uncensored means that the potential for laughter is unlimited!

My Thoughts:
I got in the mood to watch this set last night. And I just finished watching both discs in the set. I don't know what it is about this show... but it is always good for many laughs. Funniest episode on the set has to be the very first episode where Richard Simmons is on as a special guest. I didn't think I would ever stop laughing on that one!
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #649 on: August 31, 2010, 06:18:20 PM »
Funniest episode on the set has to be the very first episode where Richard Simmons is on as a special guest. I didn't think I would ever stop laughing on that one!

I love this show! But to me, the funniest episode ever is the one with Robin Williams. He's an improv beast! He never stops! Anything and everything gets his creative juice flowing - it's awesome!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 31, 2010, 06:30:05 PM »
Oh I agree.... love the Robin Williams episode! When I said that I meant in that set... and unfortunately the Robin Williams episode is not in that set.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #651 on: August 31, 2010, 06:45:36 PM »
What ?!?

Best of Whose Line is it Anyway? and no Robin Williams??

:thumbdown:

Whose Line is one of the rare shows that makes me laugh so much. I've always loved improvisation, and Whose Line is such a great improv platform.

I so long for the days when our very own LNI (Ligue Nationale d'Improvisation) was on the air here in Quebec...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:48:26 PM by RossRoy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 31, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »
I know... that is one thing I could never figure out. How can they have a Best of without the Robin Williams episode!  :thumbdown:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 31, 2010, 06:54:25 PM »
Let me see the special guests that are in this set are the episodes with...

- Richard Simmons
- David Hasselhoff
- Florence Henderson
- The LMU Cheerleaders
- Jane Tricker
- Jerry Springer.

And then an additional 4 episodes with no special guests.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 09, 2010, 07:16:58 PM »
Too Close For Comfort: The Complete First Season
Cartoonist Henry Rush (Ted Knight) and his loving wife, Muriel (Nancy Dussault), have just hit upon a surefire plan to keep their maturing family intact.  Daughters Jackie (Deborah Van Valenburgh) and Sara (Lydia Cornell) may be all grown up, but that doesn't mean these proud parents are ready to sit back and watch them venture out into the big, bad world on their own. Not by a long shot!

So when an apartment unexpectedly opens up in their San Francisco row house, logic dictates that they lease it to those that they want to hold dear–and, most importantly–near!  But with a sexy blonde bombshell for one daughter and a smart and sassy brunette for the other, the Rushes might be getting far more than they bargained for.  Never mind the wacky, ever-present social misfit that they soon have to contend with daily –Monroe (JM J Bullock).  Why, it's enough to drive any parent crazy!

And though it may have once innocently seemed like a sound solution, this upstairs-downstairs living arrangement may quickly prove that for all involved it's far too easy to be, well, perhaps just a little.... Too Close For Comfort!

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. It Didn't Happen One Night
3. The Bag Lady
4. Sara's Monroe Doctrine
5. Que Sara, Sara
6. Tenants, Anyone?
7. Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf
8. Mister Big
9. The Location
10. A Friend in Need
11. A Fine Romance
12. The Boy in the Band
13. Deadline for Henry
14. Huey
15. Centerfold
16. What's Wrong with Mr. Right?
17. Up Your Easter Bonnet
18. Cosmic Cow vs. The Oval Office
19. The Return of Rafkin

My Thoughts:
After creating child profiles for season 2 the last couple days I just couldn't help but to watch this series again. I forgot how funny this series was. I watched the entire first season in about a day and a half... and there was many laugh out loud moments in it for me. Not to mention both daughters in this series is absolutely gorgeous! Now I am really looking forward to starting season 2 later today.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #655 on: September 10, 2010, 05:58:16 AM »
What ?!?

Best of Whose Line is it Anyway? and no Robin Williams??

:thumbdown:

Whose Line is one of the rare shows that makes me laugh so much. I've always loved improvisation, and Whose Line is such a great improv platform.

I so long for the days when our very own LNI (Ligue Nationale d'Improvisation) was on the air here in Quebec...

I love Whose Line is it Anyway.  It was on for a while before I saw it, but once I did, I was hooked right away.  It was so funny. 

I've seen the Robin Williams episode..that was hilarious.  Definitely messed up that his episode isn't in a Best of set.  Sheesh.

RossRoy

« Reply #656 on: September 10, 2010, 01:36:37 PM »
I've seen the Robin Williams episode..that was hilarious.  Definitely messed up that his episode isn't in a Best of set.  Sheesh.

To be perfectly fair though, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a rights problem.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 10, 2010, 01:41:21 PM »
That is possible.... sucks... but definitely possible.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #658 on: September 10, 2010, 10:30:46 PM »
I never thought of it being a rights issue.  Could be.  Wouldn't surprise me.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 12, 2010, 04:17:02 PM »
Too Close For Comfort: The Complete Second Season
Time flies! A year has passed since cartoonist Henry Rush (Ted Knight) begrudgingly agreed to lease the downstairs apartment to his grown daughters-and yet, somehow, things just don't appear to be getting any easier! Far from it. Heck, he's about to learn that his beloved wife Muriel (Nancy Dussault) is expecting! A baby? At his age?! Meanwhile, Jackie (Deborah Van Valkenburgh) and Sara's (Lydia Cornell) antics continue to be every conservative father's worst nightmare! Dating! European vacations! Foolish get-rich-quick schemes! Why, it's enough to drive any old man crazy. And that's not even taking into account the inevitable presence of the eternally hapless Monroe (Jim J. Bullock). Yikes! The walls are really closing in fast now! So sit back and get ready for timeless hilarity and definitive proof that sometimes even the most lovable family can simply be, well, just a little TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT!

Episodes:
1. Guess Who's Coming to Burp?
2. Your Guest is as Good as Mine
3. Who's Sara Now?
4. The Prince and the Frog
5. What's Our Rush?
6. Rafkin's Bum
7. Where There's a Will
8. The Remaking of Monroe
9. When the Bough Breaks
10. Cop-Out
11. April and September
12. A Fan for Henry
13. Brotherly Hate
14. Charlie's Last Hurrah
15. The Last Weekend
16. My Unfavorite Martin
17. Seventh Month Blues
18. As the Cookie Crumbles
19. Foreign Exchange
20. A Matter of Degree
21. A Policeman's Wife is Not a Happy One
22. Don't Shoot the Piano Movers

My Thoughts:
Last night I finished off season 2 of Too Close for Comfort. While I liked the addition of Cousin April (Deena Freeman)... I didn't care for her nearly as much as I like the sisters. This set is the only thing in my entire collection with her (Deena) in it. Which is surprising as I see looking at imdb she is still working. Maybe not as much as a lot of people... but she is still around. I always thought they went with the baby storyline pretty early into the series... but it is good. There was plenty of laughs coming from that storyline. I so wish they would release more seasons of this series!

After watching the episodes I watched a reunion featurette they made. Which was cool to see what the cast looks like now. I did notice they were promoting season 1 DVDs of the series in the reunion... they must have originally planned to make it a season 1  extra... but for some reason that never happened. I am just glad we got it in the season 2 set.

My Rating:
Pete