Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250707 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #630 on: August 09, 2010, 05:24:41 PM »

CSI NY: Season 1 (Disc 1)
Detective Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) heads the New York City Crime Lab, and like his CSI counterparts in Las Vegas and Miami, he and the talented members of his forensics division grapple with the "how" and the "why" of crime scene investigation. For Taylor and his team – Stella (Melina Kanakaredes), Flack (Eddie Cahill), Aiden (Vanessa Ferlito), Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) and Sheldon (Hill Harper) – it's a big Big Apple, filled from stem to core with the routine, the extraordinary, and the bizarre as they probe the fascinating world of criminalistics in CSI: NY.

Episodes:
Pilot: Mia/NYC Non-Stop
1. Blink
2. Creatures Of The Night
3. American Dreamers

My Thoughts:
I finally got around to watching the first disc of CSI NY.  I know it is early yet into the show... but at this point I don't care for it as much as I do for the original Las Vegas version. Though I am enjoying it. I don't think they characters are as good though. I remember when I first saw the original CSI... I instantly liked all the characters. With this show for some reason I think I need time for the characters to grow on me. But it does have some really good stories... so far I am enjoying that quite a bit.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #631 on: August 09, 2010, 06:00:47 PM »
CSI: Vegas is the best. There's no beating it. Well, maybe they could down the line, but that cast has such a great chemistry and they are all interesting.

On CSI: Miami I don't care for Caruso. He comes off as cold and uninsteresting. Mind you some of the supporting cast behind him on Miami are ok, but still. I also don't care for the orange look they give it.

CSI: NY is odd. I like it, but I don't know why. It doesn't "click" like Vegas does. There's something missing.

---

Now that i think of it - I think it's the heart. On Vegas, you feel like the characters care about their case. They are involved and actually want to get the job done and catch the killers. On Miami and NY, I feel like it's just a day job for them and they just go through the motion. It lacks heart.

Miami being a worse of offender than NY in that respect.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 09, 2010, 06:04:31 PM »
well put... from what I have seen so far I have to agree. All I seen of Miami so far is the pilot crossover on this first disc. And I always hated David Caruso anyway. I never seen anything with him that I liked his character.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 09, 2010, 06:04:39 PM »
I agree with your assessment, Sebastien.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 09, 2010, 06:06:06 PM »
I don't watch any of them so I can't comment. Well, I could but it wouldn't mean anything!  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 09, 2010, 06:06:57 PM »
I did notice one thing. with CSI I have always been hooked... can't stop watching the set until I watched every episode. With CSI NY... I don't have that same urge. I am OK to go on to something else after only 2 to 4 episodes.
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #636 on: August 09, 2010, 06:37:51 PM »
CSI Vegas is easily the best. I'm up to S9 on that.

I'm up to S5 on Miami and halfway through S3 of NY and trust me, give it time, as the characters definately evolve well and there are some fantastic episodes throughout.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 09, 2010, 07:18:44 PM »

Cobra
Robert "Scandal" Jackson, Jr., is an ex-Navy SEAL who went A.W.O.L. after refusing to blow up an enemy command center housing civilians. He disappeared to the wilderness of Alaska, changing his name and appearance, and became a teacher in a small Inuit community. But a part of his past caught up to him and he was shot in the face, his comatose body left for dead. He awoke in the hospital three weeks later and found himself with a new face and a new chance at life, thanks to a woman named Danielle LaPoint.

Danielle offered him a job with "Cobra", an undercover anti-crime agency that provides justice for victims who haven't benefited from the system. Scandal is reluctant to leave his Alaskan life behind, but then her boss, Dallas Cassel, makes him an offer he can't refuse: the chance to catch the man who murdered his father five years earlier. From behind the wheel of his classic AC Cobra, Scandal dispenses justice in the fictional Bay City.

Episode 6: The Gnome
Carlton Hauser, an old friend of Scandal's who broke down and became a psychopath during the Gulf War, escapes from a prison for the criminally insane and begins hunting down his comrades. When he discovers that Scandal is still alive, he targets him and his friends.

My Thoughts:
This is one of the bonus episodes in the Prime Time Crime box set I recently got. I have never seen a single episode of this series before. But it is one I have heard of... and have always been curios about.The whole back storyline... guy gets shot in face... made to be dead and fights crime in a fancy car sounds a lot like Knight Rider Of course int his one the car isn't a supercar... just a nice fancy car for him to drive around in. So I guess that is enough of a difference. :P

I enjoyed what I watched... and can see myself getting the complete series set. Especially since it is also released from Mill Creek Entertainment.... costing around $15 for all 22 episodes.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 09, 2010, 07:19:08 PM »
CSI Vegas is easily the best. I'm up to S9 on that.

I'm up to S5 on Miami and halfway through S3 of NY and trust me, give it time, as the characters definately evolve well and there are some fantastic episodes throughout.

Good to hear!  :thumbup:
Pete

kahless

« Reply #639 on: August 09, 2010, 07:24:43 PM »
I really like this CSI stuff too!  :thumbup:

I own CSI Season 1-9, CSI MIA 1-7, CSI NYC 1-5

My favourite order would be:

1. CSI Vegas
2. CSI NYC
3. CSI MIA

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 09, 2010, 07:38:03 PM »
it seems it is pretty universal... It seems most everyone would rate the CSI's...

1. CSI Vegas
2. CSI NYC
3. CSI MIA
Pete

kahless

« Reply #641 on: August 09, 2010, 07:52:25 PM »
I know that's a spin off from JAG, but I see NCIS in the same category - I like it as well. A little bit more than CSI MIA!
I'm pretty sure if you like CSI you will like NCIS as well!  :D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 09, 2010, 07:57:53 PM »
As you can see from THIS THREAD... I love NCIS! "I would say even more then CSI Vegas! In the linked thread... I already reviewed every episode in the first 6 seasons!  ;D
Pete

kahless

« Reply #643 on: August 09, 2010, 08:24:34 PM »
As you can see from THIS THREAD... I love NCIS! "I would say even more then CSI Vegas! In the linked thread... I already reviewed every episode in the first 6 seasons!  ;D

Thanks, Pete - I did not pay attention!  :-[

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 09, 2010, 08:35:52 PM »
That is ok... haven't added to it in a while... so it probably lost in back pages of the forum... I bookmark all my marathon threads for easy access. :P
Pete