Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250711 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #555 on: January 08, 2010, 04:00:05 AM »
I'm glad the show won for comedy..I did vote for it several times.  I also voted for Jim and Kaley - she was nominated too.  I think Jim should have won.

snowcat

« Reply #556 on: January 08, 2010, 08:50:21 AM »
Thats great news, although I kind of have to agree with the Steve Carell winning, he makes me laugh so much in the office.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 09, 2010, 02:27:29 PM »

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: The Complete Series (Disc 1)
What goes on behind the scenes of a nationwide late-night comedy sketch show? Aaron Sorkin, creator of The West Wing, answers that question with a must-see show within a show filled with engaging characters, ear-grabbing dialogue and a Hollywood hive of insider buzz.

Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford portray the likable hotshots brought in to revive NBS-TV's sagging flagship comedy series and Amanda Peet plays their savvy boss in episodes exploring the lives and loves of and the make-or-break creative pressures on the show's staff. Panic. Chaos. Fear. Sleep deprivation. Just make sure it's funny by Friday. Because that's when a nation tunes in to Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. The Cold Open
3. The Focus Group
4. The West Coast Delay

My Thoughts:
After all this time it took me a few episodes to get into the characters again. And the series had a slight slow start. But now by the 4th episode I am really getting into this show again. And I am looking forward to the rest of the set. This show is of course more about the behind the scenes of a show that would compare to Saturday Night Live more then it is about the skits themselves. Though we do get to see a skit here and there as they are performing it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 11, 2010, 11:23:48 AM »

The Big Bang Theory: Season 2 (Disc 2)
The science of funny is back! At work, physicists Leonard and Sheldon and their geek pals conquer the cosmos. At home, real life – from dating to driving – conquers them. This season, Leonard gets a girl. So does Sheldon. (Sheldon?!) Howard drives the Mars Rover into a ditch. Raj woos a terminator. Gorgeous girl-next-door Penny falls under the spell of Age of Conan. And super-smart, überconfident Leslie Winkler reduces mere men to spineless jellyfish. Twenty-three laugh-filled episodes from series creators Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men) and Bill Prady (Gilmore Girls) and a talented cast with astronomical comedy I.Q.s show why Big Bang is such a big hit.

Episodes:
7. The Panty Piñata Polarization
8. The Lizard-Spock Expansion
9. The White Asparagus Triangulation
10. The Vartabedian Conundrum
11. The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis
12. The Killer Robot Instability

My Thoughts:
Watched another disc of this great sitcom. Brittany watched a couple episodes with me. Including the Christmas episode (The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis) which is my favorite episode on this disc. Though they of course were all good.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 12, 2010, 12:10:58 AM »

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: The Complete Series (Discs 2-6)
What goes on behind the scenes of a nationwide late-night comedy sketch show? Aaron Sorkin, creator of The West Wing, answers that question with a must-see show within a show filled with engaging characters, ear-grabbing dialogue and a Hollywood hive of insider buzz.

Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford portray the likable hotshots brought in to revive NBS-TV's sagging flagship comedy series and Amanda Peet plays their savvy boss in episodes exploring the lives and loves of and the make-or-break creative pressures on the show's staff. Panic. Chaos. Fear. Sleep deprivation. Just make sure it's funny by Friday. Because that's when a nation tunes in to Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip.

Episodes:
5. The Long Lead Story
6. The Wrap Party
7. Nevada Day, Part I
8. Nevada Day, Part II
9. The Option Period
10. B-12
11. The Christmas Show
12. Monday
13. The Harriet Dinner, Part I
14. The Harriet Dinner, Part II
15. The Friday Night Slaughter
16. 4AM Miracle
17. The Disaster Show
18. Breaking News
19. K&R, Part I
20. K&R, Part II
21. K&R, Part III
22. What Kind of Day Has It Been

My Thoughts:
Wow! I really got hooked on this show again. I just couldn't stop watching until I completed the entire set!  While there is some episodes that are only a little above average. The show on a whole is very powerful. And final 5 to 6 episodes in the set is just plain amazing! After watching this entire set over the last few days... I finally realized just today that one of the actors who looked very familiar is now on The Big Bang Theory as Howard Wolowitz!
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #560 on: January 12, 2010, 12:58:43 AM »
I watched this when it was on and I liked it. 
I don't think I realized that Howard was on it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 12, 2010, 04:52:54 PM »

The Big Bang Theory: Season 2 (Discs 3-4)
The science of funny is back! At work, physicists Leonard and Sheldon and their geek pals conquer the cosmos. At home, real life – from dating to driving – conquers them. This season, Leonard gets a girl. So does Sheldon. (Sheldon?!) Howard drives the Mars Rover into a ditch. Raj woos a terminator. Gorgeous girl-next-door Penny falls under the spell of Age of Conan. And super-smart, überconfident Leslie Winkler reduces mere men to spineless jellyfish. Twenty-three laugh-filled episodes from series creators Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men) and Bill Prady (Gilmore Girls) and a talented cast with astronomical comedy I.Q.s show why Big Bang is such a big hit.

Episodes:
13. The Friendship Algorithm
14. The Financial Permeability
15. The Maternal Capacitance
16. The Cushion Saturation
17. The Terminator Decoupling
18. The Work Song Nanocluster
19. The Dead Hooker Juxtaposition
20. The Hofstadter Isotope
21. The Vegas Renormalization
22. The Classified Materials Turbulence
23. The Monopolar Expedition

My Thoughts:
Felt like finishing off this set. It was of course fun to see these episodes again. I enjoyed every second of it. Like most people I really enjoyed the interaction between Penny and Sheldon. I also watched the special features in the set. Featurettes were ok... but the gag reel was fun. But I always did like gag reels.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #562 on: January 12, 2010, 05:00:44 PM »
Speaking of The Big Bang Theory, I got a kick out of last night's new episode, especially Sheldon and the Green Lantern lantern.  It was also nice seing Danica McKellar again who I've only seen a few times since The Wonder Years went off the air.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 12, 2010, 05:30:08 PM »
Thanks Roger... I completely forgot it was on last night... I have it recorded on my DVR though. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 14, 2010, 04:25:25 PM »

Seinfeld: Season 7 (Discs 1-2)
"No soup for you!" "He stole my marble rye!" "Bosco!" "Spongeworthy!" Here's your invitation to 24 original full-length episodes of Season 7. All remastered with new high definition picture and sound.

Episodes:
1. The Engagement
2. The Postponement
3. The Maestro
4. The Wink
5. The Hot Tub
6. The Soup Nazi
7. The Secret Code
8. The Pool Guy
9. The Sponge
10. The Gum
11. The Rye
12. The Caddy

My Thoughts:
I haven't watched any Seinfeld in a while. It is odd really. Once I start to collect something on DVD I don't bother watching it any longer when it is rerun on TV. From that point on I only watch it on DVD (or new episodes on TV if it is a current show). These discs reminded me how much I enjoy the series. And I really liked a lot of the episodes on the first 2 discs. But there were a few that just didn't feel that great. But I guess that is to be expected once you get into the 7th season of a show. Most shows don't even make it that long.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #565 on: January 15, 2010, 04:36:27 AM »
Speaking of The Big Bang Theory, I got a kick out of last night's new episode, especially Sheldon and the Green Lantern lantern.  It was also nice seing Danica McKellar again who I've only seen a few times since The Wonder Years went off the air.

That was Danica McKeller?  I knew she sort of looked familiar, but couldn't place her.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 15, 2010, 09:47:57 AM »
She was in The Wonder Years. Now that's a TV show I would like to buy, but no chance since it is in music right hell...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 03, 2010, 01:33:12 AM »

Grey's Anatomy: Season 3
Be a part of a television phenomenon, and experience America's #1 drama. Capturing a Golden Globe® Award for Best Television Series — Drama in its scintillating third season, Grey's Anatomy is the rare show that makes fans of both audiences and critics. It's "all pleasure and no guilt," lauds USA Today.

They are doctors, lovers and friends. Join the staff of Seattle Grace Hospital as they learn there are no easy cures for life's challenges and that each choice comes in shades of grey.

Get more Grey's in this sensational seven-disc DVD box set — more secrets, more personal stories and many more McSteamy moments. Bring home Grey's Anatomy: The Complete Third Season — Seriously Extended, complete with never-before-seen bonus features, including uncut and extended episodes available only on DVD. It's addicting entertainment that you can't get enough of. Seriously.

My Thoughts:
I just watched this entire season... all 25 episodes... in 2 days! I did this because of my pilot marathon. Once I watched that pilot episode I couldn't help but to continue watching till I watched every episode I own. Which I now did. At least until I buy season 4. Which I plan on ordering tomorrow. My plan is to order season 4 of this show... as well as ordering the first season of the spin-off series Private Practice. This is the second time I watched these episodes... and I enjoyed them just as much this time around as I did the first time.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 15, 2010, 07:52:47 PM »

Private Practice: Season 1
From the Golden Globe-winning creator of Grey's Anatomy comes ABC's new hit drama, Private Practice: The Complete First Season Extended Edition- — now on DVD. Seattle fades into grey as renowned surgeon Dr. Addison Montgomery (Kate Walsh) aims to reinvent herself. The promise of a simpler golden state of mind has her working alongside medical school friends at California's Oceanside Wellness Group. But is this new life prescription her cure?

Join Addison, newly-divorced-but-professionally-bound Naomi and Sam Bennett, the kissable Pete Wilder, the by-the-book Dr. Charlotte King, Cooper the Internet surfer, Dell the wave surfer and Violet Turner — a psychiatrist with her own issues — as affairs of the heart bring on symptoms of love, lust, and high drama in a journey worth taking.

You have an appointment with an all-star cast including Taye Diggs, Amy Brenneman, Audra McDonald, Tim Daly, Paul Adelstein, KaDee Strickland and Chris Lowell for every Season One episode, never-before-seen bonus features, and the perfect dose of complicated modern living, which is anything but a Private Practice.

Episodes:
1. In Which We Meet Addison, A Nice Girl From Somewhere Else
2. In Which Sam Receives An Unexpected Visitor
3. In Which Addison Finds The Magic
4. In Which Addison Has A Very Casual Get-Together
5. In Which Addison Finds A Showerhead
6. In Which Charlotte Goes Down The Rabbit Hole
7. In Which Sam Gets Taken For A Ride
8. In Which Cooper Finds A Port In His Storm
9. In Which Dell Finds His Fight

My Thoughts:
Well... I just finished the first season set... which only contains 9 episodes (Thanks to that year's writers strike). But the funny thing is... Grey's Anatomy...  which this is a spin-off from... also only had 9 episodes in it's first season. I never cared too much for Addison on Grey's Anatomy. Not until towards the end of her on that series. But I am enjoying her in this series. Though I must admit... while this is still a good show. It is not quite as good as Grey's Anatomy. It actually had to grow on me for a few episodes before I got into it. Where I was hooked on Grey's Anatomy from the pilot episode. But I am looking forward to seeing some more episodes.
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #569 on: February 15, 2010, 08:32:37 PM »
Interesting... I haven't watched Greys anatomy but I saw that private Practice was going to be shown over here soon so I set it to record on the Sky+ box but ive not watched it yet!

Im always interested to see if spin offs like this do very well... its not often I see them