Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250777 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2008, 08:51:10 PM »

The Dead Zone: The Final Season (Disc 1)
Prepare to experience all new spellbinding suspense and paranormal adventures as Johnny Smith (Anthony Michael Hall) faces the greatest challenges of his psychically-altered existence in this sixth and final season of this intense thriller based on the story and characters from sci-fi master, Stephen King.

My Thoughts:
It is a sad thing that this is the final season. I have enjoyed this series from the first time I ever seen it. I just discovered the final season brought about several huge changes to the series. In the very first episode we learn that one of the main characters gets killed off and another one decides to leave. And if that isn't enough... Johnny's son is being played by an entirely different actor. You would think so many changes all at once like that would be bad for the show... and maybe it is since it was canceled. But I must say I am still enjoying every episode. It has not effected my enjoyment in the least little bit. It is unfortunate... I now only have 9 episodes left that I have never seen. I do have a feeling I will be enjoying them as I say goodbye to this series.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2008, 09:24:42 PM »
You've probably already mentioned it, but have you seen the Deadzone film? Years since I saw it, but always enjoyed it. I wondered how the series compared; I'd guess it's quite different as the original story was rather bleak in the end.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2008, 09:57:23 PM »
Yeah... I have. I have the special edition release of The Dead Zone movie. The series is definitely not as bleak... but it is pretty close.. just lightened up. There is a series long arc where he sees that a politician will cause Armageddon... and he spends the entire series trying to prevent it... along with the weekly episode storylines.

I really enjoyed both the movie and the series. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2008, 02:11:51 AM »

Sabrina:The Teenage Witch: Season 2 (Disc 3)
There's magic in the air as 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch' returns for its Second Season, with all 26 supernatural episodes on DVD for the very first time! 'Melissa Joan Hart' stars as Sabrina Spellman, who lives with her Aunt Hilda ('Caroline Rhea'), Aunt Zelda ('Beth Broderick'), and Salem, their talking black cat (voice of 'Nick Bakay'). This year, Sabrina conjures up spells - and big laughs! - for Harvey ('Nate Richert'), Valerie ('Lindsay Sloane'), Libby ('Jenna Leigh Green') and new Vice Principal Kraft ('Martin Mull'). But Sabrina is also maturing into a responsible young woman. And there is so much more to learn as she trains for her witch's license with her new Quizmaster ('Alimi Ballard'). Season Two highlights include special Christmas and Valentine's Day episodes, and even a trip to the Walt Disney World theme park! Enjoy all the magic moments of 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch'!

My Thoughts:
Well... this finishes off the second season of Sabrina for me. I went through them faster then I thought I would. But it is a show I have always enjoyed a lot. Hopefully I will see season 3 for Father's Day... but if not I am sure it won't take me too long to pick it up. I can't remember if it was the third or the fourth season (or even later?) that Sabrina goes off to college... but they are the episodes that I have never seen since at that time our cable company didn't offer The WB. So whenever that happens is what I am really looking forward to when it comes to Sabrina.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2008, 02:16:10 PM »

All-Star Family Feud (Disc 2)
Richard Dawson is the original and best host of Family Feud during it's almost thirty year run. This DVD collection includes some of the best episodes featuring movie and television stars. ABC created a number of prime time one hour specials, where celebrity players competed for charity.

Relive hours of fun and so many laughs, and become part of the family again and again!

My Thoughts:
Wow... I am really surprised how much I am enjoying a game show on DVD. But as I said before... it really helps that it is celebrities playing for charity.. especially since it is celebrities from TV Shows from the '70s and the '80s.... the time I really got into watching a lot of TV! So there is a lot of familiar faces on here for me. A couple things I took notice of on this set. One is the image quality is questionable on some episodes. I noticed that some episodes the image has a bit of the shakes. Not bad mind you... but enough that it can become a little distracting. I also noticed that some of these episodes are not complete episodes. You do see the whole show mind you... but some of the episodes are broken up into 3 episodes. This is due to there being 3 rounds in the episode when it originally aired... and for some reason on the set they made each round an episode. Because of this some of the episodes are really short since those 3rd rounds only lasted about 10 minutes each. I think that is an odd way to do it... but is not really a big deal.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2008, 09:53:37 PM »
can't remember if it was the third or the fourth season (or even later?) that Sabrina goes off to college...
Season 3 is still in High School and still with Valerie :)
I think it was Season 4 where she went to college. I haven't seen many episodes after season 3 yet. I think the only episode I saw completely after season 3 was the series finale.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2008, 10:15:54 PM »
Thanks Tom :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2008, 12:29:12 AM »

All-Star Family Feud (Disc 3)
Richard Dawson is the original and best host of Family Feud during it's almost thirty year run. This DVD collection includes some of the best episodes featuring movie and television stars. ABC created a number of prime time one hour specials, where celebrity players competed for charity.

Relive hours of fun and so many laughs, and become part of the family again and again!

My Thoughts:
I am not sure what got into me... but I just couldn't stop watching this show today. So now I have watched 3 discs in the set... with only 1 more disc left to watch. These episodes has been really fun to watch... especially enjoyed watching the ones with 3's Company in it... as  I am a fan of that show... and John Ritter. He was definitely a hilarious man!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2008, 09:33:10 PM »

The Dead Zone: The Final Season (Disc 2)
Prepare to experience all new spellbinding suspense and paranormal adventures as Johnny Smith (Anthony Michael Hall) faces the greatest challenges of his psychically-altered existence in this sixth and final season of this intense thriller based on the story and characters from sci-fi master, Stephen King.

My Thoughts:
At this point I am still really enjoying the final season of this series. I now only have 5 episodes left to watch. All 4 episodes on this disc was really good... I especially liked the episode where he tries to stop the bomb from going off in the bus station. It is probably my favorite episode of the season... well so far at least.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2008, 10:04:51 PM »
Everybody wait for this review

Do you want us or

we want this much anticipated review

Please give us this golden review

RossRoy

« Reply #175 on: June 12, 2008, 10:11:44 PM »
LOL! I just read the sole review for "The Sorority" on IMDb... I love this particular sentence:
The main leads again are not horrible and the director manages to keep the camera in focus and pointed in the right direction. (An impressive feat for a micro-budget film.)

:hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2008, 11:35:56 PM »
Everybody wait for this review

Do you want us or

we want this much anticipated review

Please give us this golden review

Oh!... The torture... You guys really don't want me to watch this one tonight... do you?  :whistle:
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2008, 11:49:58 PM »
Oh!... The torture... You guys really don't want me to watch this one tonight... do you?  :whistle:

Do we really have to get down there with pitchforks for you to get the message?  :voodoo:

YES! Watch it tonight!

:tease: :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2008, 12:57:06 AM »
Those guys seem to really want it

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2008, 01:15:30 AM »
Maybe the conclusion of the IMDB review will help you to really want to watch it  :hmmmm:

I'm impressed they made the film for so little and I wish the few talented people involved good luck on future endeavors. But much like a four year olds finger painting only the parents of those involved should see this.

If that doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will  :laugh: