Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250766 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2008, 10:59:45 PM »
Lucky kid!  :drooling:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2008, 01:58:18 AM »

Sabrina:The Teenage Witch: Season 2 (Disc 2)
There's magic in the air as 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch' returns for its Second Season, with all 26 supernatural episodes on DVD for the very first time! 'Melissa Joan Hart' stars as Sabrina Spellman, who lives with her Aunt Hilda ('Caroline Rhea'), Aunt Zelda ('Beth Broderick'), and Salem, their talking black cat (voice of 'Nick Bakay'). This year, Sabrina conjures up spells - and big laughs! - for Harvey ('Nate Richert'), Valerie ('Lindsay Sloane'), Libby ('Jenna Leigh Green') and new Vice Principal Kraft ('Martin Mull'). But Sabrina is also maturing into a responsible young woman. And there is so much more to learn as she trains for her witch's license with her new Quizmaster ('Alimi Ballard'). Season Two highlights include special Christmas and Valentine's Day episodes, and even a trip to the Walt Disney World theme park! Enjoy all the magic moments of 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch'!

My Thoughts:
Six more episodes of Sabrina watched.I really enjoyed this disc. I have always had a thing for Holiday episodes of TV series. And this disc don't have just one... but 2 holiday episodes. Episodes for my 2 favorite holidays... Halloween and Christmas. And both the episodes was really good.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2008, 08:54:21 AM »

Desperate Housewives: Season 2 (Discs 2-5)
Television's hottest show gets even juicier in its delicious second season. The women of Wisteria Lane are back, and, just when you thought things couldn't get any steamier, a new neighbour and her handsome teenage son arrive to make new waves on the shady side of Suburbia.

Join the Emmy® Award-winning cast for all 24 episodes of Season Two, and discover Bree's new life without Rex, Lynette's chaotic return to the working world and what becomes of Susan's on-again, off-again relationship with Mike. That's just the beginning of the secrets in store in this six-disc DVD experience. Sizzling with sensational bonus features, including revealing, never-before-seen story lines featuring Susan Mayer and Lynette Scavo, "there are almost too many things to love in 'Desperate Housewives'" ('San Francisco Chronicle').

My Thoughts:
As I said... I once again got addicted to watching this series. So much so I zoomed through the rest of the season. Looks like I may have to consider getting season 3 in my next order. I can't get over the incredibly crazy stuff that goes on in this series. Watching this series you can't believe how seriously messed up these people living in this neighborhood actually can be. So I watched discs 2-5... which is everything except the bonus material which is all on disc 6.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2008, 01:56:26 AM »

Mork & Mindy: Season 2 (Disc 1)
'Mork & Mindy' was a spin-off from an episode of 'Happy Days' in which Mork, an alien from the planet Ork, attempted to kidnap Richie. So popular was Mork that he was given his own series in 1978 and it became an instant hit.

Mork (Robin Williams), a misfit on Ork because of his sense of humor, was sent off to study Earthlings, whose "crazy" customs the "Orkans" had never been able to understand. Mork landed in a giant eggshell near Boulder, Colorado and was befriended by pretty Mindy McConnell (Pam Dawber), a music store clerk. Mork looked human but his strange mix of Orkan and Earthling customs led most people to think of him as just some kind of nut. Aware of his origins, Mindy helped him adjust to Earth's "strange" ways.

The cosmic comedy continues in this four-disc, second season collection. Na Nu, Na Nu!

My Thoughts:
This show went through quite a bit of cast changes from the first season to the second. Mindy's father, her grandmother... and their young friend Eugene all left the series after the first season. In place of them we get a brother/sister team running a Deli and Mindy's cousin Nelson Flavor who is running for councilman. I am kinda sorry to see Mindy's father and grandmother leave... but I do believe they come back for an episode or 2 this season. I do like the new brother and sister on the show... but I do not care for the character of Mindy's cousin. No real reason... just something about him rubs me the wrong way. Over-all decent changes to the series. Enjoying the show so far.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2008, 09:20:08 PM »

Nowhere Man: The Complete Series (Disc 1)
Unknown forces conspire to erase photographer Thomas Veil's (Bruce Greenwood, 'Thirteen Days', 'Exotica') identity and without warning, every aspect of his life is erased during the course of one evening -- his wife acts as if he's a stranger, his credit cards are suddenly invalid, his keys no longer fit the door to his home and in one way or another, his family and friends are silenced. Completely alone, Veil sets out on a desperate cross-country quest for an answer while eluding his powerful and unknown enemy. His only clue to the possible motivation behind the harrowing ordeal is the disappearance of one of his photographs, "Hidden Agenda," which depicts the execution of natives in a war-torn Third World country. Now learn the whole story with the complete cult classic TV series, including all 25 episodes.

My Thoughts:
This is one of the TV Series I bought blind. So far I only watched the first disc (3 episodes)... but looks like another series I could get hooked on. Usually I try to watch a series and take it for what it is... suspending belief on the way. But there is something in this show that has been bothering me. His identity has been erased... no access to bank accounts or anything else in his old life. So how is it that he always has whatever money he needs in his pocket? It don't show him scamming or stealing to get needed money... let alone showing him working odd jobs on the way. It is just that the money is always there. Unfortunately this takes away from what his situation is supposed to be. Other then that... it already seems to be a great series. Knowing that it was canceled after the first season... I really hope it ended well... without leaving too many unanswered questions... though with a series like this... I doubt it does.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2008, 02:44:47 AM »

TV Time: Comedy (Disc 4 Side A - The Lucy Show)
Television when it was at its best! Get ready for some of the best all time classic shows, featuring some of the biggest television stars of all time, such as: Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Lucille Ball, Buddy Ebson, Irene Ryan, Andy Griffith, Ron Howard, Don Knotts, George Burns, Milton Berle, John Wayne, Ozzie and Harriet Nelson and many, many more! Non-stop comedy from some of the cornerstones of sitcom T.V.!

My Thoughts:
I decide to watch the episodes of The Lucy Show that is in this set. There was 4 episodes in this set. There is just something about these old classic sitcoms that are just hilarious. I almost choked myself when something happened in one episode that I just had to laugh at... right in the middle of me taking a drink of water. The special guest stars in the episodes on this disc included...

- George Burns
Lucy does a show with the always funny George Burns... kinda in the style of the old George Burns and Gracie Allen Show. This is the episode I almost choked myself on.

- Milton Berle
Lucy gets a job as Milton Berle's secretary. When she hears Milton Berle over the intercom rehearsing with an actress Lucy think Milton Berle is cheating on his wife. Decent episode.

- John Wayne
Lucy meets John Wayne when he gets the bank she works for to finance a movie... and Lucy goes onto the set to watch. A fun episode.

- Don Rickles
Don Rickles plays an ex-boxer that wants to open a floral Shop... when Mr. Mooney refuses to put any money up for the new business Lucy convinces him to return to the ring to get the money. Another funny episode.

Was fun watching these episodes... but being a low budget public domain set the quality left much to be desired. But over-all I enjoyed myself watching them.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2008, 01:24:28 AM »

Survivor: Season 1 (Episodes 1-2)
Survivor's premise is simple: maroon sixteen normal Americans - men and women chosen from all walks of life - on the island of Pulau Tiga, twenty miles off the coast of Borneo. Once every three days the castaways gather to vote one of their own off the island. The last person wins a million dollars.

What transpired became television history and a pop culture phenomenon was born. Now with this special DVD box set you can relive every bit of the original Survivor telecasts, plus see and hear many things not shown on TV.

My Thoughts:
Well... this is my first time watching Reality TV on DVD... and I learned something about myself. Even though I like the show a lot... something like Survivor is not (at least to me) good for marathon viewing. I can handle an episode or 2 probably every few days to a week... but it is definitely not something that I can watch non-stop. But in my eyes that is a good thing. I also need shows that I can slowly watch here and there. Everything I watch can't be marathon viewings. So this will give me something new (to me) to watch every now and then... whenever I feel like popping it in.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2008, 03:04:45 PM »

All-Star Family Feud (Disc 1)
Richard Dawson is the original and best host of Family Feud during it's almost thirty year run. This DVD collection includes some of the best episodes featuring movie and television stars. ABC created a number of prime time one hour specials, where celebrity players competed for charity.

Relive hours of fun and so many laughs, and become part of the family again and again!

My Thoughts:
Going into this one I was thinking it would be the same situation as Survivor... something I would have fun watching an episode or two here and there. But in this case I was surprised. I found myself not wanting to stop watching. The next thing I knew I had watched all 10 episodes on the first disc! And this is a show that I never cared all that much for on TV. But I think the thing is... with this set the contestants are all celebrities from classic (or semi-classic) shows. This made it so much more enjoyable. And I think that was the key. Watching these episodes I realized that Richard Dawson was a terrible flirt. I mean he always kissed the female contestants... but he really let loose with the female celebrities. Especially when Loni Anderson was on! But of course I can't blame him... there was some of the best looking actresses on these episodes!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2008, 03:29:28 AM »

Sliders: Season 4 (Disc 1)
Slide into an out-of-this-world adventure as all 22 thrilling Season 4 episodes of 'Sliders' land on DVD for the first time ever! Reunite with genius Quinn Mallory (Jerry O'Connell) and his fellow Sliders – Rembrandt (Cleavant Derricks), Captain Maggie Beckett (Kari Wuhrer), and Quinn's brother Colin (Charlie O'Connell) – as they jump in and out of alternate Earthly realms, battle the ruthless Kromaggs, deal with their tricky doubles, search for their mysterious birth parents, and try to land on the elusive Earth Prime. Accompanying them on various leaps through time and space are spectacular guest stars including Adrienne Barbeau ('Escape from New York'), Shane Westz ('ER') and Malcolm Jamal-Warner ('Jeremiah'). It's an absolute must-have for every sci-fi fan!

My Thoughts:
This is a series that I have always liked a lot since the pilot episode first aired on FOX. Of course now I am in the season where the Sci-Fi Channel took the show over. I will admit this series definitely went down hill this season. But I definitely still enjoyed the series. For me season 5 is where the show really went downhill... but even with that said... I hope to be able to add that 5th (and last) season to my collection... as there was still enough episodes that I enjoyed to make it worth the purchase. Back to this set though... The first disc has 4 episodes. I enjoyed all of them. And I am glad that these discs are now single sided. The packaging was changed again as well. This makes 3 sliders releases... with 3 slightly different style of packaging. That kinda sucks... but at least they kept them similar enough that they look good together.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2008, 09:29:07 AM »
I didn't like the show anymore after Wade and the Prof "have left". I never really liked that entire Kromaggs arc but when Jerry O'Connell left it was finally over for me.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2008, 11:34:35 AM »
Yeah... when Jerry O'Connell left it should have never went on. but as I said.. I believe I remember enjoying a few episodes in season 5 so if it is ever released I will end up completing it.. I am sure. Besides when it comes to shows I really enjoyed in the beginning I am pretty much a completest.  :P
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2008, 11:37:52 AM »
Besides when it comes to shows I really enjoyed in the beginning I am pretty much a completest.  :P
I know that feeling.  ;D
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2008, 02:12:50 PM »

Sabrina:The Teenage Witch: Season 2 (Disc 3)
There's magic in the air as 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch' returns for its Second Season, with all 26 supernatural episodes on DVD for the very first time! 'Melissa Joan Hart' stars as Sabrina Spellman, who lives with her Aunt Hilda ('Caroline Rhea'), Aunt Zelda ('Beth Broderick'), and Salem, their talking black cat (voice of 'Nick Bakay'). This year, Sabrina conjures up spells - and big laughs! - for Harvey ('Nate Richert'), Valerie ('Lindsay Sloane'), Libby ('Jenna Leigh Green') and new Vice Principal Kraft ('Martin Mull'). But Sabrina is also maturing into a responsible young woman. And there is so much more to learn as she trains for her witch's license with her new Quizmaster ('Alimi Ballard'). Season Two highlights include special Christmas and Valentine's Day episodes, and even a trip to the Walt Disney World theme park! Enjoy all the magic moments of 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch'!

My Thoughts:
Felt up to another disc of Sabrina. I am now 3 quarters the way through the second season.... and enjoying all the episodes. This disc has an episode that has Shelley Long guest starring in it... and an episode where Sabrina and Libby switch personalities. Only one more disc in this set to watch. Of course I was sure to put season 3 on my Father's Day Wish List that I gave Brittany. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2008, 10:45:52 PM »

Painkiller Jane (Disc 1)
Kristanna Loken of Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines and Bloodrayne stars as Jane Vasco, a tough-yet-sexy DEA agent recruited by a covert government unit to hunt superhuman neurological aberrations - known as 'Neuros' - who can do dangerous things with their minds. But when Jane discovers that she herself can rapidly heal from any injury, she begins to investigate her own disturbing background. In this sole season of the Sci Fi Channel series, Jane and her team battle assassins, arsonists, time loops, prison breaks, mythical beasts, undead armies, killer hallucinations and more, all in a bullet-riddled world of the very near future where nothing may be what it seems...and pain is always a bitch.

My Thoughts:
Well... I just couldn't wait any longer to check out this series. So far I only watched the first disc... which is the first 4 episodes. So far I feel it is a pretty good show... I am glad I added it to my collection... especially for the price I got it for ($20). But with that said... it is not a great show. So I am not really surprised it got canceled after the first season. Lets put it this way... if I was watching the show as it aired... I would have continued to watch it. But when it was canceled I wouldn't have cared all that much. Of course this is still a rather early impression of the series... what with only watching 4 episodes so far.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2008, 12:35:22 PM »

Sliders: Season 4 (Disc 2)
Slide into an out-of-this-world adventure as all 22 thrilling Season 4 episodes of 'Sliders' land on DVD for the first time ever! Reunite with genius Quinn Mallory (Jerry O'Connell) and his fellow Sliders – Rembrandt (Cleavant Derricks), Captain Maggie Beckett (Kari Wuhrer), and Quinn's brother Colin (Charlie O'Connell) – as they jump in and out of alternate Earthly realms, battle the ruthless Kromaggs, deal with their tricky doubles, search for their mysterious birth parents, and try to land on the elusive Earth Prime. Accompanying them on various leaps through time and space are spectacular guest stars including Adrienne Barbeau ('Escape from New York'), Shane Westz ('ER') and Malcolm Jamal-Warner ('Jeremiah'). It's an absolute must-have for every sci-fi fan!

My Thoughts:
As I said before... this series has gone downhill a bit starting this season. But that being said... I forgot how much I did still enjoy this series in it's fourth season. One of my all-time favorite episodes is actually on this disc. "The Alternateville Horror" where it is believed that the hotel they stay at is haunted. So of course you know I would love something like that. While watching it I was thinking... cool this must be a Halloween episode... turns out it wasn't as it originally aired in July. But it sure would make for a good one. In the episode where Quinn finds his brother... there is a couple of notable guest stars... First is Adrienne Barbeau who is well known for such movies as "The Fog" (original) and "Swamp Thing". And then there is Ben Jones who is best known as Cooter in "The Dukes of Hazzard".
Pete