Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250124 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2008, 02:26:30 AM »

Mysteries, Magic & Miracles: Season 1 (Episodes 9-11)
From the boundries of the universe to the depth of your soul, embark on a journey of the unexplained in MYSTERIES, MAGIC AND MIRACLES

Due to popular demand and nearly 10 years since it's debut, the Sci-Fi Channel's #1rated series, MYSTERIES, MAGIC AND MIRACLES Season 1, finally can be seen uncut and unedited in this specially packaged 3 disc set!

Join Patric Macnee as he travels the globein search of the world's mostbaffling stories and real events. MYSTERIES, MAGIC AND MIRACLES Season 1 brings back all those great stories from actual cases and real events. Infamous myths are put on trialas we try to answer those questions of the unsolved and unexplained.

MYSTERIES, MAGIC AND MIRACLES Season 1 invites you once again to travel with us to the world's greatest documented mysteries and the unexplained phenomena with real, never before seen footage, photos, and eyewitnesses. Shot entirely on location, you will see world renowned experts provide the astounding truths behinds the MYSTERIES, the MAGIC, and the MIRACLES!

My Thoughts:
This is one of those shows that even though I do enjoy... I can only watch a few episodes every now and then.A Documentary series on the unknown that originally aired on the Sci-Fi Channel. I only watched 3 episodes tonight and seen several things touched upon. Some of the stories I especially enjoyed would be the Ghost of Tom Mix... the Real Life Vampire... and a story on The Devil.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2008, 10:09:13 PM »

Mork & Mindy: Season 1 (Disc 3)
Wild, wacky and operating at warp speed, meet Mork from planet Ork - the maniacal alien of Mork & Mindy, the riotous television sitcom presented in this complete "Season One" DVD collection. Actor-comedian Robin Williams zoomed to stardom with co-star Pam Dawber in this laugh-filled comedy series spawned from a 9178 episode of Happy Days.

Dispatched from Ork in his egg-shaped spacecraft, the lovable Orkan hurtles to Earth near the town of Boulder Colorado, where he is befriended by pretty college student Mindy McConnell (Dawber). Mork's mission is to observe the bizarre customs of the earthlings and then report back to his great Orkan leader, Orson. He tries his best to adapt to his new environment - not an easy task when you innocently wear your clothes backwards, sit in a chair upside down, or blurt out "Shazbot!" when things go awry. It's an out-of-this-world series of laughs and escapades when human being meets humanoid hurricane in Mork & Mindy.

My Thoughts:
This is a series that for some reason I just find hilarious. I enjoy every second of watching Robin Williams play such an insanely funny character. Sure... it is mindless fun.. but it is fun all the same. And sometimes a show like this really hits the spot to relieve some pressure of every day life. I used to love Pam Dawber in this show. She also had another series back in the '80s called My Sister Sam... if my memory serves me well. But I don't remember much of anything since then. Wonder whatever happened to her.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2008, 08:58:01 PM »

Mork & Mindy: Season 1 (Disc 4)
Wild, wacky and operating at warp speed, meet Mork from planet Ork - the maniacal alien of Mork & Mindy, the riotous television sitcom presented in this complete "Season One" DVD collection. Actor-comedian Robin Williams zoomed to stardom with co-star Pam Dawber in this laugh-filled comedy series spawned from a 9178 episode of Happy Days.

Dispatched from Ork in his egg-shaped spacecraft, the lovable Orkan hurtles to Earth near the town of Boulder Colorado, where he is befriended by pretty college student Mindy McConnell (Dawber). Mork's mission is to observe the bizarre customs of the earthlings and then report back to his great Orkan leader, Orson. He tries his best to adapt to his new environment - not an easy task when you innocently wear your clothes backwards, sit in a chair upside down, or blurt out "Shazbot!" when things go awry. It's an out-of-this-world series of laughs and escapades when human being meets humanoid hurricane in Mork & Mindy.

My Thoughts:
After watching Disc 3 Brittany asked with we could watch some more episodes last night so we continued on to Disc 4.  With only a few episodes left on the disc I figured I may as well finish off this boxset before going onto something else. There was a few really good episodes on this disc such as Mork's birthday and Mork thinking he has been nothing but trouble and wishes he never came to Earth. (It's A Wonderful Life spoof).
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2008, 10:55:16 PM »

Sabrina: Season 1 (Disc 1)
Pretty teen witch Sabrina Spellman ('Melissa Joan Hart') lives with her two otherworldly aunts, Hilda ('Caroline Rhea') and Zelda ('Beth Broderick'), along with Salem, their talking black cat (voice of 'Nick Bakay'). The Witches Council long ago ordered her aunts to teach Sabrina witchcraft once she turned sixteen. Now she can be in Paris for lunch... and make it back in time for biology! The show that found its way into the hearts of millions of viewers each week brilliantly combines the supernatural world of magic with the average life of a teenage girl.

Join Sabrina, cute crush Harvey ('Nate Richert'), best friend Jenny ('Michelle Beaudoin'), and rival Libby ('Jenna Leigh Green') at their favorite pizza hangout, The Slicery. That is, when they aren't frustrating their teacher, Mr. Pool ('Paul Feig'). Here on DVD for the first time ever are all 24 Season One episodes of 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch'!

My Thoughts:
After watching the Showtime movie this past weekend... it really got me in the mood for the TV Series... so I started watching a few episodes. I watched a couple episodes a day since. Now I finished the first disc. Unfortunately I only have the first season to watch. I think I may have to get the next set here soon.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2008, 11:44:00 PM »

Sabrina: Season 1 (Discs 2-4)
Pretty teen witch Sabrina Spellman ('Melissa Joan Hart') lives with her two otherworldly aunts, Hilda ('Caroline Rhea') and Zelda ('Beth Broderick'), along with Salem, their talking black cat (voice of 'Nick Bakay'). The Witches Council long ago ordered her aunts to teach Sabrina witchcraft once she turned sixteen. Now she can be in Paris for lunch... and make it back in time for biology! The show that found its way into the hearts of millions of viewers each week brilliantly combines the supernatural world of magic with the average life of a teenage girl.

Join Sabrina, cute crush Harvey ('Nate Richert'), best friend Jenny ('Michelle Beaudoin'), and rival Libby ('Jenna Leigh Green') at their favorite pizza hangout, The Slicery. That is, when they aren't frustrating their teacher, Mr. Pool ('Paul Feig'). Here on DVD for the first time ever are all 24 Season One episodes of 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch'!

My Thoughts:
I been watching the rest of this series while working on my Masters of Horror Marathon. That Sabrina movie from this past weekend really put me in the mood for the episodes. I have now watched the movie and all of season 1! And I could still go for some more episodes. Unfortunately I don't have anything from after Season 1... so it will have to wait till I am able to pick up season 2. I just may pick up season 2 when I place my next order.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »
I just may pick up season 2 when I place my next order.

Season 2 with the lovely Lindsay Sloane as Valerie as Sabrina's new best friend  :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2008, 07:48:48 PM »
That's right... Valerie does show up in season 2... don't she?
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2008, 07:52:44 PM »
That's right... Valerie does show up in season 2... don't she?
Yes, she is in Season 2 and 3.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2008, 10:08:45 PM »
Cool... and I think it is up to season 4 that has been released so far. (I believe).
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2008, 07:47:22 AM »
Cool... and I think it is up to season 4 that has been released so far. (I believe).

Season 4 will be release on June 17th. I also own the first three seasons so far :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2008, 10:57:23 AM »
I do need to play catch-up... but I plan to get all they decide to release (hopefully all of them). I never seen the later years when Sabrina goes off to college (when it switched networks) since we didn't have the channel that it switched to in our area.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2008, 12:58:36 AM »

Sabrina:The Teenage Witch: Season 2 (Disc 1)
There's magic in the air as 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch' returns for its Second Season, with all 26 supernatural episodes on DVD for the very first time! 'Melissa Joan Hart' stars as Sabrina Spellman, who lives with her Aunt Hilda ('Caroline Rhea'), Aunt Zelda ('Beth Broderick'), and Salem, their talking black cat (voice of 'Nick Bakay'). This year, Sabrina conjures up spells - and big laughs! - for Harvey ('Nate Richert'), Valerie ('Lindsay Sloane'), Libby ('Jenna Leigh Green') and new Vice Principal Kraft ('Martin Mull'). But Sabrina is also maturing into a responsible young woman. And there is so much more to learn as she trains for her witch's license with her new Quizmaster ('Alimi Ballard'). Season Two highlights include special Christmas and Valentine's Day episodes, and even a trip to the Walt Disney World theme park! Enjoy all the magic moments of 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch'!

My Thoughts:
Well... this was one I wasn't expecting to get for my Birthday since I forgot I put it on my wishlist. So my daughter and I decided to watch some of it together. This is the season that Sabrina's new best friend, Valerie, shows up as a new student in school. I like the character so that is cool... but I had to wonder what happen to Jenny (her best friend from season 1)... I don't remember it saying what happen to her on the show. Anyway... it was really fun to watch some more episodes of this show after all these years.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2008, 04:42:14 AM »

The Bob Newhart Show: Season 1 (Disc 1 Side A)
In this hilarious sitcom from the '70s, Bob Newhart stars as Dr. Robert Hartley, a successful Chicago psychologist specializing in group therapy sessions. Bob's patience is often tested by his patients - including a paranoid grouch with a persecution complex, a hen-pecked husband, and an emotional eater - all trying to "find themselves." Even at home with his wife Emily, Bob is surrounded by an assortment of nutty and neurotic neighbors. But if laughter is the best therapy, you can be sure the good doctor and those who love him make a little progress every day!

My Thoughts:
This is the first time I have seen this show in many years. I must admit... It is more enjoyable then I remember it being. This series definitely has a lot of laughs in it. Of course this is just after the first four episodes... so I still have a long way to go on it. But at this rate it looks like I have found yet another series I will be collecting.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2008, 08:04:29 PM »

Desperate Housewives: Season 2 (Disc 1)
Television's hottest show gets even juicier in its delicious second season. The women of Wisteria Lane are back, and, just when you thought things couldn't get any steamier, a new neighbour and her handsome teenage son arrive to make new waves on the shady side of Suburbia.

Join the Emmy® Award-winning cast for all 24 episodes of Season Two, and discover Bree's new life without Rex, Lynette's chaotic return to the working world and what becomes of Susan's on-again, off-again relationship with Mike. That's just the beginning of the secrets in store in this six-disc DVD experience. Sizzling with sensational bonus features, including revealing, never-before-seen story lines featuring Susan Mayer and Lynette Scavo, "there are almost too many things to love in 'Desperate Housewives'" ('San Francisco Chronicle').

My Thoughts:
This is an odd case for me. Desperate Housewives is not the kind of show I normally go for. But for some reason I find it strangely addictive. I seem to get strangely hooked on it when I am watching it. This happened to me when I won a copy of season 1... and now it is happening again with Season 2. Sure... there is some attractive women to watch in this series... but it is so much more then that.  You watch one episode.... and you can't help but to watch another... their lives is just so insane you need to know what will happen next. Anyway... the first disc contains the first 5 episodes of the second season.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2008, 10:35:01 PM »
This is an odd case for me. Desperate Housewives is not the kind of show I normally go for. But for some reason I find it strangely addictive.

I know that feeling. While I haven't found the time to watch the second (or any other season after this), I also got addicted with the first season and I never even thought about not buying the second season.

BTW: The young freak killer in Smallville who had two appearances in the third season is now the young lover of Mrs. Solice. ;D
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools