Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 250537 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #1035 on: July 16, 2012, 06:05:49 PM »
     24: Season 8: The Complete Final Season (2010/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Hang on for the adrenaline rush of a lifetime as Jack Bauer (Keifer Sutherland) unveils darker secrets, faces deadlier conspiracies, and is thrust into more extreme action than ever before in Season 8 of 24! As Day Eight unfolds, Bauer races against the clock to prevent the assassination of a Middle Eastern leader on a vital peace-making mission. Meanwhile, a deadly terrorist threat against New York City intensifies and builds towards an explosive climax. Relive the electrifying final season of TV's most groundbreaking series ever, including a must-see ending.

Stars:
Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer
Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brian
Katee Sackhoff as Dana Walsh
John Boyd as Arlo Glass
Annie Wersching as Renee Walker
Mykelti Williamson as Brian Hastings

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Over the last few days I just watched the entire 8th (final) season of 24. There is just something about this series.... something that once you start a set.... you just can't stop until you watched the entire season. I must say... I enjoyed every second of this one! An excellent season to an outstanding series. This is a series I highly recommend. I am sorry to see that there is no more episodes to watch now. While I loved this season... this series on a whole... I would have liked to seen a better ending to the series for the main character. Granted I don't know how they could have done anything else with the story they told... but I just personally would had preferred a different outcome.

After recently watching the last 2 seasons of this great series... I am tempted to start all over again from the very first season to the last. But I think I better save that for another time. If you never seen this series before... give it a chance... I sure you won't be sorry.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 17, 2012, 02:45:41 PM »
     Monk: Season Eight (2009/United States)
Wikipedia |Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer |
Primetime Emmy® Award and Golden Globe® winner Tony Shalhoub is back for one last obsessively compulsive good time in the final season of the hit detective series Monk. From the very first moment detective Adrian Monk (Shalhoub) appeared on the scene, audiences have been hooked on this intelligent and irreverent sleuth who uses his quirky phobias and neuroses to solve crimes in a way other detectives just can't. Join him now as he reunites with former colleagues and friends from seasons past - as well as guest stars Elizabeth Perkins (Weeds), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Lost), Daniel Stern (The Wonder Years), and many more - for some of the most riveting cases yet, including the one that has haunted him for the past eight seasons. Critics and fans agree that "...there is something undeniably stirring about watching Tony Shaloub's Mr. Monk take his victory lap" (Mary McNamara, Los Angeles Times).

Episodes:
1. Mr. Monk's Favorite Show
2. Mr. Monk and the Foreign Man
3. Mr. Monk and the UFO
4. Mr. Monk Is Someone Else
5. Mr. Monk Takes the Stand
6. Mr. Monk and the Critic
7. Mr. Monk and the Voodoo Curse
8. Mr. Monk Goes to Group Therapy
9. Happy Birthday Mr. Monk
10. Mr. Monk and Sharona
11. Mr. Monk and the Dog
12. Mr. Monk Goes Camping
13. Mr. Monk is the Best Man
14. Mr. Monk and the Badge
15. Mr. Monk and the End (Part 1)
16. Mr. Monk and the End (Part 2)

Stars:
Tony Shalhoub as Adrian Monk
Traylor Howard as Natalie Teeger
Jason Gray-Stanford as Randy Disher
Ted Levine as Leland Stottlemeyer

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews

My Thoughts:
I finally got to see the end of this series. I must say... I enjoyed this set very much. My favorite episode has to be the two part series finale. Not only did I enjoy every second of the storyline... I like how they closed the series out. Letting Monk finally solve the case of his wife's murder. It makes me so glad that they knew ahead of time that this was going to be their last season.  Many shows don't get the opportunity to close a series the way they would want to because they don't know in time. I also like that they brought Sharona back for an episode before the series ended. Another favorite episode from this season is the one where Natalie throws Monk a surprise birthday party. If you never seen this series... I definitely recommend it. It is a lot of fun!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 17, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »
     CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Seventh Season: Disc 1 (2006/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |
1. Built to Kill, Part 1
A Cirque du Soleil dancer is killed during a show which sends the CSI crew backstage to investigate her murder. Meanwhile, after Catherine and Nick go to a club to watch a performance by John Mayer, Catherine has to rely on her CSI skills to uncover who is targeting her family. Elsewhere, Grissom is puzzled when he receives a mini-replica of a crime scene he is investigating.

2. Built to Kill, Part 2
Grissom's fascination continues with a miniature replica of the crime scene he's investigating where a rock star was murdered. With the clues that the replica provides, Grissom works to find the killer. Meanwhile, Catherine finds herself in danger and continues to hunt for the person responsible.

3. Toe Tags
Donna, Rebecca, Jack, Lou and Ray all share a similar characteristic -- they're all dead. The team splits up to solve their murders: Brass and Catherine pair up to take on Donna's case, a former cop who was working as a bodyguard; Nick and Greg investigate Jack's death, who was an Iraq veteran that was killed in front of his wife and daughter; Warrick and Sofia take on the case of Rebecca, a former supermodel who died while hiking; and Grissom and Sara pair up to look into the deaths of Lou and Ray whose bodies were found together in Lou's garage.

4. Fannysmackin'
An innocent man is attacked and beaten to death by a man in a black cape. When the CSIs investigate, they find that a similar incident took place only moments earlier. The incidents continue to occur and the crew follow the trail of evidence hoping to get to the next victim before it's too late. But when Greg interrupts a beating in progress, he is forced to make a decision that will change his life forever.

Stars:
William Petersen as Gil Grissom
Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
George Eads as Nick Stokes
Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
Robert David Hall as Doc Al Robbins

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I just watched the first disc of CSI: Season 7. Found I am still enjoying this series quite a bit.  Which is pretty amazing considering I am now up to the 7th season. But the stories are still strong... and I like the characters. my favorite episode on this disc would have to be the two part season opener... Built to Kill. This is definitely a show I recommend... if you like crime dramas and haven't seen this one yet... give it a chance.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 05, 2012, 03:55:21 PM »
     JAG: The Sixth Season (2000/United States)
Wikipedia |IMDb |Intro |
The military series JAG soars to dramatic heights in its sixth season. When Judge Advocate General lawyer Cmdr. Harmon "Harm" Rabb (David James Elliott) travels to Russia, he receives shocking news -- he has a young brother! Meanwhilte, back in Washington, Col. Sarah "Mac" MacKenzie (Catherine Bell) becomes engaged and plans her wedding, until Harm boldly makes a confession, forcing her to question her decision. And sadly, tragedy strikes Lt. "Bud" Roberts (Patrick Labyorteaux) and Ens. Harriet Simms (Karri Turner) this season. But then Admiral A.J. Chegwidden (John M. Jackson) delivers news about Harm that shakes the entire JAG office. All 24 episodes of 2000-01's season 6 are included on six discs.

Episodes:

1. Legacy (Part 1)
2. Legacy (Part 2)
3. Florida Straits
4. Flight Risk
5. JAG TV
6. The Princess and the Petty Officer
7. A Seperate Peace (Part 1)
8. A Seperate Peace (Part 2)
9. Family Secrets
10. Touch and Go
11. Baby, It's Cold Outside
12. Collision Course
13. Miracles
14. Killer Instinct
15. Iron coffin
16. Retreat, Hell
17. Valor
18. Liberty
19. Salvation
20 To Walk on Wings
21. Past Tense
22. Lifeline
23. Mutiny
24. Adrift (Part 1)

Stars:
David James Elliott as Cmdr. Harmon "Harm" Rabb, Jr.
Catherine Bell as Col. Sarah "Mac" MacKenzie
Patrick Labyorteaux as Lt. Bud J. Roberts, Jr.
John M. Jackson as Adm. "AJ" Chegwidden
Karri Turner as Lt. Harriet Sims
Trevor Goddard as Mic Brumby

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
I just finished this set. After a four year break since watching season 5... I finally got season 6 to watch. And I must say... I forgot how much I enjoyed this show! Once I started to watch it... I just couldn't stop till I finished the set. This show has a great cast... including one of my all-time favorite actresses.... Catherine Bell. I am thrilled I have the next season (possibly the next 2 seasons) coming my way soon from a trade I made... as this season ends in a heck of a cliffhanger and I can't wait to see how it concludes. Unfortunately this set don't have any special features what so ever. This is definitely a series I would recommend.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 19, 2012, 05:02:41 PM »
     Scrubs: The Complete and Final Ninth Season (2009/United States)
Promo |Wikipedia |IMDb |
See how the story ends for J.D., Elliot, Turk and the rest of your favorite characters in ABC's Scrubs: The Complete Ninth and Final Season. The heroes of Sacred Heart may have finished their rounds, but the laughs never stop as they mentor a brand-new class of med students!

J.D. returns to teach at Sacred Heart's medical school with the old gang and is surprised to find an impressionable young student has picked up where he left off. Meet Lucy and her classmates, Drew and Cole, as they try to fit in while they do their best to stand out.

Relive every clever and quirky moment of Scrubs' outrageous final season, complete with never-before-seen bloopers, deleted scenes and interviews with the show's cast. Complete your Scrubs collection with The Ninth and Final Season on DVD. It's the best house call you'll ever get!

EPISODES
1. Our First Day of School
2. Our Drunk Friend
3. Our Role Models
4. Our Histories
5. Our Mysteries
6. Our New Girl-Bro
7. Our White Coats
8. Our Couples
9. Our Stuff Gets Real
10. Our True Lies
11. Our Dear Leaders
12. Our Driving Issues
13. Our Thanks

Stars:
Zach Braff as Dr. John "J.D." Dorian
Donald Faison as Dr. Chris Turk
John C. McGinley as Dr. Perry Cox
Eliza Coupe as Denise
Kerry Bishé as Lucy Bennett
Michael Mosley as Drew Suffin
Dave Franco as Cole Aaronson

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned
  • Short: Live from the Golf Cart

My Thoughts:
I recently watched this season on On-Demand... and really didn't think too much of it. There was several people from the previous season not in this season. And since it is such a short season no sooner I got used to the new people the series was over. But I was able to get this set (to complete the series in my collection) through a trade I was doing for some duplicate titles in my collection. So I went for it. Thankfully on second viewing I was able to enjoy it more then I did the first time around since I had gotten used to the new characters the first time I watched the season. While I did enjoy it more... it is still my least favorite season of the entire series. Not really shocked that it was canceled after only 13 episodes... but I would have liked to of seen a full season non-the-less.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 03, 2012, 05:09:58 AM »
I know I haven't posted much lately about what I been watching... but I have been watching some TV Shows on DVD. I just been re-watching sets I have had for a while. Reminding myself where I left off on the shows I am getting this month. So far I watched the entire season 6 of Grey's Anatomy and the entire season 5 of Bones. Now I am about to work on my Numb3rs sets.
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 03, 2012, 10:02:41 AM »
I know I haven't posted much lately about what I been watching... but I have been watching some TV Shows on DVD. I just been re-watching sets I have had for a while. Reminding myself where I left off on the shows I am getting this month. So far I watched the entire season 6 of Grey's Anatomy and the entire season 5 of Bones. Now I am about to work on my Numb3rs sets.

Oh, i've forgot all about Numb3rs! Maby i should start rewatching that again sometime! ;) Thanks for that one.. :)
And what do you think about Bones? You like it?
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 03, 2012, 03:08:09 PM »
Bones is one of my favorites. I have the first 5 seasons in my collection.... with season 6 on the way.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 03, 2012, 03:11:09 PM »
Nice! And soon the 7th season will come aswell i think.. I too like Bones alot. :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 03, 2012, 04:48:14 PM »
What bugs me about season 7.... is that for some strange reason we only got a 13 episode half season. I hope the new season will be a full season!
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 03, 2012, 04:55:25 PM »
Its a few different reasons for that i think they said.. Emily Deschanel got pregnant etc. And i think the season 8 will be a full season. Thats what been said anyways. :D *fingers crossed*
But now i'm off for my vacation. Have a nice week! :D
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 03, 2012, 05:42:22 PM »
Have a good time!
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1047 on: September 05, 2012, 02:45:08 AM »
There were only 13 episodes last season for Bones?  I know it was shorter because of her pregnancy, but I was thinking there were more episodes than that.  Hmmmm.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 05, 2012, 02:56:27 AM »
yeah... only 13!  :(

The episodes were...

1. The Memories in the Shallow Grave
2. The Hot Dog in the Competition
3. The Prince in the Plastic
4. The Male in the Mail
5. The Twist in The Twister
6. The Crack in The Code
7. Prisoner in the Pipe
8. The Bump in the Road
9. The Don't in the Do
10. The Warrior in the Wuss
11. The Family in the Feud
12. The Suit on the Set
13. The Past in the Present

Taken from epguides.com
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1049 on: September 05, 2012, 03:58:08 AM »
Huh.  Not sure why I was thinking there were more of them.  I remember that it started later last year..and there were usually only a few episodes at a time before a rerun..or it was preempted for American Idol.