Author Topic: Kick-Ass *****  (Read 32655 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Kick-Ass *****
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
I hope it is already the promised extended cut.

Critter

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2010, 04:22:15 PM »
Place your orders

DVD - £9.99
Blu-ray - £15.99
Combi Steelbook - £17.99
Limited Edition Collector's Box Set - £69.99

Dave

as an addendum to this I've found that both HMV and Play have their own exclusives.

HMV Blu-ray- £15.99
Play DVD - £15.99
Play DVD - £12.99
Play Blu-ray - £15.99

Dave
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:29:03 PM by dfmorgan »
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2010, 02:21:01 PM »
I'm trying to keep it at just 4 viewings in the cinema before I grab it on blu-ray. Oh and also for anyone who is interested John Murphy said on his facebook that the score soundtrack to Kick-Ass will be released on itunes May 3rd... or 5th.
John Murphy commented on his Facebook page:

Guys... I'm still being told the Kick-Ass Score Soundtrack will go up on iTunes soon. I'm not saying it will, I'm just telling what I've been told. As soon as I see it up there myself, I will let you know. As to the posts about Lion Gate saying they have no intention to release it, that is absolutely true. I just don't know what Lions Gate have to do with it. It was always Universal who were putting it out. JM.
Accidentally I found out today, that John Murphy's (and other's) score has finally been released. the bad news: ONLY in the UK and ONLY digitally (Amazon.co.uk only has MP3 downloads and in iTunes it's also only in the UK store). *sigh*, things are never easy, are they.

So, well, here is my hope one of our UK members can help me: If you use iTunes you can "gift" me the album; that is one of the option in the drop down menu on the right next to the price. iTunes will then send me a code that I  can redeem and eventually download the songs. Of course, before this will happen, I would paypal you the money (so you need a PayPal account as well, I guess).

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2010, 05:42:54 PM »
I hope it is already the promised extended cut.

The entry for the video and extras has been made on the BBFC site contains "KICK-ASS") and (( [TypeOfMedia] contains Film) OR ( [TypeOfMedia] contains Video) OR ( [TypeOfMedia] contains DigitalMedia))&SearchMax=50]here.

The film is listed as being 117m 12s and the video is said to be 112m 56s, which allowing for 4% speed-up gives roughly 117m 38s. Not sure if that equates to an extended edition or some other factor, like maybe my maths.

Dave
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »
Doesn't sound like the extended cut. This was about the length it ran in the theatres. I have read that Matthew Vaughn plans to reintegrate 19 minutes of additional footage.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2010, 08:32:37 PM »
Doesn't sound like the extended cut. This was about the length it ran in the theatres. I have read that Matthew Vaughn plans to reintegrate 19 minutes of additional footage.

Have to agree. I'll keep an eye on BBFC to see if any further editions get listed.

Dave
Dave

My Library

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2010, 03:13:01 AM »
Accidentally I found out today, that John Murphy's (and other's) score has finally been released. the bad news: ONLY in the UK and ONLY digitally (Amazon.co.uk only has MP3 downloads and in iTunes it's also only in the UK store). *sigh*, things are never easy, are they.

So, well, here is my hope one of our UK members can help me: If you use iTunes you can "gift" me the album; that is one of the option in the drop down menu on the right next to the price. iTunes will then send me a code that I  can redeem and eventually download the songs. Of course, before this will happen, I would paypal you the money (so you need a PayPal account as well, I guess).
I know sometimes posts get overlooked and eventually unnoticed. So, I decided to bump the above post once, on the chance somebody who can/would help didn't see it the first time. (Sorry to thos eexpecting something new here, but it is still not available oin the german iTunes Store :weep:.)

Najemikon

« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
How the heck have I only just found this???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/review/8303080.stm  :laugh:

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2010, 09:33:37 PM »

Have to agree. I'll keep an eye on BBFC to see if any further editions get listed.

Dave

A new video and online edition listed at BBFC however they only add seconds on to the running time - both new entries are 117m 41s as opposed to the film r/t of 117m 12s. Details here.

Dave

edited to correct a couple of typos
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:43:52 PM by dfmorgan »
Dave

My Library

Najemikon

« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2010, 10:51:22 PM »
Cheers, Dave! Those few seconds will merely be the frame-rate during conversion, I bet. But certainly no new bits. Doesn't matter though, I'm looking forward to seeing it with the sound ramped up. I appreciated the free ticket to see the preview, but the sound drop-out half-way was a ball-ache. You could still hear it, just without any... oomph. I plan on finding the oomph.  :laugh:

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2010, 11:15:06 PM »
As an aside about Matthew Vaughn - did you catch the report in some of last weeks newpapers that he was one of the advisers to suggest to the government that they should get rid of the UK Film Council - a report here.

Dave
Dave

My Library

Najemikon

« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2010, 12:23:24 AM »
I didn't know he played a part in its downfall, but I knew of his problems getting Kick Ass funded. All things are relative of course; he's proved arbitrary funding is limiting and unnecessary, but only through one film and Kick Ass on paper did have long odds of success. You can understand producers being sceptical. 

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2010, 10:14:31 PM »
My copy was shipped  :yahoo:
With luck I will be able to watch it on Monday :)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2010, 11:05:07 PM »
My copy was shipped  :yahoo:
With luck I will be able to watch it on Monday :)

Amazon handed mine to the courier today.

Dave
Dave

My Library