Author Topic: Venomsinners Reviews  (Read 2648 times)

venomsinner

Venomsinners Reviews
« on: March 16, 2010, 09:15:14 AM »
My Sisters Keeper

A depressing film, that makes people cry.

So, I got a call on mothers days asking if I would like to go around a friends and watch a movie with her and her mum, I obliged and was stuck watching what can only be described as the saddest film ive seen in a long time.

From the onset my friends mum cried, and I could see my friend fighting back the tears, not one personally for crying, especially at a film. it touched me in another way. It was sincere, having witnessed a relative deal with cancer in a similar way, it was very emotional to have it all come back to me in the style of a film. A film that for whatever reason was changed, probably for the better, from the book.

Overall,  whilst id say this is a greatly moving film, I would not recommend it, to overly emotional unless said people would like to cry through the entire film. But, it has a good, deep well put together story.

3/5

snowcat

Re: Venomsinners Reviews
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 09:23:36 AM »
 :-[

....So wasn't going to cry, how rude.

::) at least I didn't try the age old *yawn, but my arm around you technique*

..in front of my mother.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:36:23 AM by Emma (snowcat) »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 05:15:44 AM »
 :hysterical:

Now we have too teams arguing on this site, rather than in real life.

The trailer for My Sister's Keeper was very intriguing to me. I ended up not watching it (yet) because
a) I thought it might ultimately be just another tear jerker
b) I was concerned I was just gonna cry like a baby all the way through.

So, would you say it's just well made standard fare or is there a special something about this?

snowcat

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:40:35 AM »
Lol :p

Achim, its a very nice film, I personally would recommend it :p but, it is very sad :(

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 06:31:37 PM »
Achim, its a very nice film, I personally would recommend it :p but, it is very sad :(
Hmmm, so I guess I will watch it if I can, but won't go out of my way to do so...