Author Topic: Inglourious Basterds (2009)  (Read 17736 times)

Mustrum_Ridcully

Re: Inglourious Basterds (2009)
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 12:24:05 AM »
It's quite new.
Didn't even think I would need it, especially not that fast.

RossRoy

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 12:30:05 AM »
I find it real sad that we even need a blocking feature. After all, we're a dvd collecting site for crying out loud! Not a <insert contentious subject> discussion site!

Oh well, guess anything can become contentious on the web after all...

VirtualScot

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 01:03:07 AM »
I find it real sad that we even need a blocking feature. After all, we're a dvd collecting site for crying out loud! Not a <insert contentious subject> discussion site!

Apparently having an opinion is frowned upon unless it conforms with the happy cute and fluffy cat and dog niceness. The kind of niceness where you lick my arse i will lick your arse bollocks that is more rampant than the aids virus and would make Barney the dinosaur sick on DVDProfiler.

Felt good to get that off my chest at last.

Najemikon

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 01:11:47 AM »
It's called a "debate". Look it up and try engaging people instead. Else, why are you here?

VirtualScot

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 02:13:30 AM »
It's called a "debate". Look it up and try engaging people instead. Else, why are you here?

I was engaging in a debate until he decided to block me.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 02:33:39 AM »

Apparently having an opinion is frowned upon unless it conforms with the happy cute and fluffy cat and dog niceness. The kind of niceness where you lick my arse i will lick your arse bollocks that is more rampant than the aids virus and would make Barney the dinosaur sick on DVDProfiler.

I don't understand how, after 3 posts, you could have something on your chest that you needed to get rid of.

I have no problems with people having opinions, even ones that I don't agree with.

But, as a new member I find it a bit unsettling that you felt it appropriate to call people names and insult them.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 02:37:24 AM by Kathy »

VirtualScot

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 03:03:58 AM »

I don't understand how, after 3 posts, you could have something on your chest that you needed to get rid of.

I have no problems with people having opinions, even ones that I don't agree with.

But, as a new member I find it a bit unsettling that you felt it appropriate to call people names and insult them.

I never named names. It's more collective attitude than any one individual. That's just my humble opinion.

Alien Redrum

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 03:28:30 AM »
Can someone tell me where that new ignore user feature is located? I can't find it.
Here: http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php?action=profile;sa=pmprefs

EDIT: Just tried it and it actually works

:cheers:

Thank you.

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2011, 04:03:45 AM »

If you'd known him as long as some of us have, you wouldn't need to ask that question.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 04:07:53 AM by Blair »
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2011, 10:34:52 AM »

So what?
I'm not aware of any law that forces us to engage in a debate.
You have the freedom to post whatever you like, we have the freedom to happily ignore it.

BTW: Other than Invelos, we don't tolerate trolls here. So if your behaviour doesn't improve immensely you'll most likely be the first user to get a permanent ban.
(Hell, there are already bets on how long it will take)

VirtualScot

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2011, 06:01:24 PM »

So what?
I'm not aware of any law that forces us to engage in a debate.
You have the freedom to post whatever you like, we have the freedom to happily ignore it.

BTW: Other than Invelos, we don't tolerate trolls here. So if your behaviour doesn't improve immensely you'll most likely be the first user to get a permanent ban.
(Hell, there are already bets on how long it will take)

I wasn't denying he had the right to. Just i was trying to engage in a debate till he decided to blocked me. And another point if you have been watching films for 40 odd years.

You think you would have learned not to give away half the story when reviewing a film.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 06:06:52 PM by VirtualScot »

Najemikon

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2011, 07:58:42 PM »
Antares was criticising the film, not reviewing it. How much story is discussed depends on the difference. Beware a magazine like Sight And Sound who will report on an entire plot.

VirtualScot

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2011, 08:55:30 PM »
Antares was criticising the film, not reviewing it. How much story is discussed depends on the difference. Beware a magazine like Sight And Sound who will report on an entire plot.

Last time i checked this forum was for Movie Reviews to be posted in.

Also if it's not a review why did he give the film a rating out of 5.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 09:01:51 PM by VirtualScot »

Najemikon

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »

Last time I checked I was one of several people who contribute a lot of time to this forum, so no need to tell me what it's 'for', thanks all the same. Stop being pedantic. A star rating is still relevant if he wished it to be so. This is a small community of users who understand each other and he wrote this specifically to generate a discussion, in particular with me, as we had debated the merits or lack of in Tarantino movies before. He was not trying to encourage people to see the film, but to de-construct it with those that had. Some articles are more in depth than others for this reason.

Look, you've posted some stuff elsewhere that has value, so I'm trying to talk to you as the sensible person I'm sure you are. Please, just walk away from this thread, because all you're doing is picking on the writer of the original topic, not the subject.

VirtualScot

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2011, 09:30:32 PM »

Last time I checked I was one of several people who contribute a lot of time to this forum, so no need to tell me what it's 'for', thanks all the same. Stop being pedantic. A star rating is still relevant if he wished it to be so. This is a small community of users who understand each other and he wrote this specifically to generate a discussion, in particular with me, as we had debated the merits or lack of in Tarantino movies before. He was not trying to encourage people to see the film, but to de-construct it with those that had. Some articles are more in depth than others for this reason.

Look, you've posted some stuff elsewhere that has value, so I'm trying to talk to you as the sensible person I'm sure you are. Please, just walk away from this thread, because all you're doing is picking on the writer of the original topic, not the subject.

Well i guess your right about it seems im picking on him a bit. But then again im not the kind of person who thinks just cause they are older than someone they deem self wiser. And if this was suppose to be between the two of you, i don't know why you did not use the PM function and argue to your hearts content.

With all that said i will respect your wishes and not post another post in this thread after this.