Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica.  (Read 1185 times)

Touti

Battlestar Galactica.
« on: April 18, 2010, 12:44:12 AM »
I really liked that series when I was young but I've never watched any episode of the remake until now.  I got Season 1 HD-DVD discs 1 and 2 from Zip this week and just watched them.  That is the pilot and the first episode.

Although it seemed a bit strange at first it wasn't long before I started enjoying the pilot and watched it through.  It sets things up pretty and I was looking forward to watching the first regular episode..That one was seemed a little strange though.  Right away it start with everyone lacking sleep becasue they've had make FTL jumps every 33 minutes for 5 days but this is thrown at you just like that, after some time they say and you understand that they're being tracked by the Cylons which always show up 33 minutes after the last jump.  Then at the end, they figure out why, take actions and first thing you know it's been 24 hours since any Cylon was spotted, the president is told a baby was born and everybody can finally sleep.

It's a good episode and it makes me want to see more but never do they tell us why 33 minutes, it's even asked by one of the characters at the beginning, why 33, why not 34 or 35............but it's never answered.  Now I just have to return these discs and wait for Zip to send me more.

P.S: I could have done without having to skip parts of the 1 discs twice because it's scratched and it stopped playing..............I guess I'm finding out the pleasures of renting again.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Battlestar Galactica.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 12:49:26 AM »
I sort of remember watching the original series too.  I actually picked it up in DVD a month or two ago but I haven't had a chance to watch it again yet.  I have been tempted to try the new series, but I haven't yet.  I still might.

I have seen some of Caprica and have liked what I've seen so far.  The last several episodes are still on my DVR since I haven't had time to watch them yet.