Author Topic: Shipping confusion at Amazon.COM  (Read 8604 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping confusion at Amazon.COM
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 11:14:57 PM »
OK I've check the help page about the import fees deposit at Amazon and if I understand correctly the ammount is just in case it would be charged (if it isn't they return the money, but it takes between 1 and 2 months so it sucks) and if the total is higher they pay the difference and don't charge it to the client. Now it sounds great to me, but I would appreciate if someone else could check and tell me if I understand correctly.

kevin_1990

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 04:11:50 PM »
why didnt u use Amazon.co.uk

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 04:24:45 PM »
I ain't Emma, but it's probably for the same reason I import from Great Britain or France. Because where I live the product isn't available or the product doesn't have any extra or the product is cut...

Edited because the way my phrase was written looked weird to me
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 06:21:27 PM by Jimmy »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 05:28:06 PM »
I would appreciate if someone else could check and tell me if I understand correctly.

For items sold by Amazon Export Sales, Inc., you will not be charged any additional fees if the actual Import Fees exceed the Import Fees Deposit we estimated

Sounds like it.

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 06:16:55 PM »
It tooks almost one year, but at least someone confirm that I understood it right :laugh:

kevin_1990

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 10:58:26 PM »
I ain't Emma, but it's probably for the same reason I import from Great Britain or France. Because where I live the product isn't available or the product doesn't have any extra or the product is cut...

Edited because the way my phrase was written looked weird to me

that's what i thought it would be just couldnt be bothered reading all the posts lol

snowcat

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 08:14:39 PM »

Thats exactly it! I don't remember what DVD it was exactly.... maybe a series of the American Office... but at that point it was (and probably still is) only available overseas.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 08:20:48 PM »
Regarding shipping from Amazon.com

I had four orders open. They were shipped between the 2nd and 4th of January 2011.

Shipped Jan 2nd - still en route
Shipped Jan 3nd - arrived Feb 3rd
Shipped Jan 4th - arrived Jan 21st
Shipped Jan 4th - still en route

Since none of these has a tracking number I have no idea where they are.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 09:40:40 PM »
Shipping seems to take more time than before since the end of last year between America and Europe. My last order from Amazon UK took more than a month to arrive here. As long as the last day of their estimated arrival is not pass no need to worry, but if it's pass an email to Amazon could help (I think they are able to track the package).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
I used to order from Amazon all the time... I haven't much lately but an order here and there. I placed an order this past Thursday...

I ordered a mouse and a DVD set this past Thursday... and it has said "Shipping Now" since this past Thursday morning. I just called them... and they were basically no help at all. And told me even though it has said shipping now for 3 days... it will still be a couple days before it ships. Why? because where it is shipping from is considered close to me... and since I used the free shipping they don't want me to get it that quick with their free shipping!   :thumbdown:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 04:10:52 AM »
They told you that was the reason?  Well that sucks.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2013, 11:07:58 AM »
and since I used the free shipping they don't want me to get it that quick with their free shipping!   :thumbdown:
Say what...? Seriously?  For me such things are a reason to start taking my business elsewhere.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2013, 12:19:12 PM »
Yup... that is what she said... in a round about way. You know saying it without coming right out and say it. I meant to give an update since I posted the above... but forgot.

Shortly after that phone call I got an email survey. You know, questions like was your questions answered to your satisfaction... stuff like that. I put no and put pretty much the same thing as the post above in the email to them. Telling them how the policy sucks and how they lost a customer. All that stuff. About an hour after I sent the email reply I got a shipping notice. And I had my package in my hands the very next day.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2013, 02:49:30 PM »
I used to order from Amazon all the time... I haven't much lately but an order here and there. I placed an order this past Thursday...

I ordered a mouse and a DVD set this past Thursday... and it has said "Shipping Now" since this past Thursday morning. I just called them... and they were basically no help at all. And told me even though it has said shipping now for 3 days... it will still be a couple days before it ships. Why? because where it is shipping from is considered close to me... and since I used the free shipping they don't want me to get it that quick with their free shipping!   :thumbdown:

Well this same thing happened with another order this month... saying Shipping Now for 3 days straight... going into the 4th day. This time the guy handled it very good. He didn't say anything at all about a policy... and said he will see what he can do and put me on hold. A moment later he came back and told me it hasn't gone through the shipment process yet... so he gave me a free upgrade to guaranteed 2 day shipment. That my package is now guaranteed to get here on Saturday.

Which means I will have the following that I could watch this weekend...

Kick-Ass (BD/DVD Combo)
Let the Right One In (BD)
Night of the Creeps (BD)

When I first saw this happening again I was a little concerned about how it would be handled since it happened twice to me in 2 months. But I must say... this guy handled it very good.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 02:24:51 PM »
Update...

And to my shock... just like the last time... I am going to have the discs in my hand later today. The very next day after my complaint. They told me they gave me a free upgrade to 2-day shipping. But it shipped from so close by that it didn't take the whole two days. I just checked the tracking number they gave me... and it already says "Out for Delivery."

I got to say... it seems like Amazon has been messing up the initial shipment lately (due to a bad policy?)... but they have definitely showed me that if you call and complain about it they will fix it to your satisfaction.
Pete