Author Topic: Emma's Saddest Moments in Disney Marathon  (Read 9611 times)

snowcat

Emma's Saddest Moments in Disney Marathon
« on: January 22, 2010, 11:45:14 AM »
Ok so ive been writing a feature on the Saddest moments in Disney films for a blog, Ive come up with a top 10.

Of course these are my top 10 saddest moments im sure you all have your own, this is not a definitive order (I will put them in order when I have explained why each scene is sad in my opinion) The feature I am doing is in 10 parts, I will post a new part each time I write one.

The Lion King (Mufasas death)
Toy Story 2 (jessie when she loved me)
Muppest Christmas Carol (ghost of christmas future)
Lilo and Stitch (stich leaves)
baloos death the Jungle Book
tarzan (death of tarzan parents/monkey)
Fox and the hound (the end)
Snow White (Funeral)
Beauty and The Beast (Beasts Death)
Finding Nemo (The Beggining)

Now I know you are probably thinking, why isn't Bambi's mum here? etc.... if its not here I don't find it as sad as those above.

I will be watching all of these movies again, but the review will focus on the saddest scene more then the film as a whole.

So, Ill post an explanation of each sad moment as I go. please feel free to join me.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Emma's Saddest Moments in Disney Marathon
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 01:01:21 PM »
No Little Mermaid? Didn't she die as she was supposed to?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 04:24:33 PM »
What about the time-frame opening scene in UP. That has to be one of the most beautifully sad scenes in film history.

snowcat

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 08:41:27 PM »
Unfortunately none of those made it in to my top 10, the above scenes are all scenes ive seen more then once and still get to me. Up was to predictable for me, and I never enjoyed the Little Mermaid.

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 08:57:54 PM »
But Bambi's mum, Emma! Come on... that was his mum. :slaphead: :stars: :suicide:

snowcat

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 09:03:22 PM »
And its just not as sad as watching Mufasa fall to his death and see Simba try and wake him up :(

...Maybe im cold hearted... Bambi didn't upset me :S .... Im not a big fan of the film though to be honest.

Najemikon

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 09:08:28 PM »
Im not a big fan of the film though to be honest.

Probably not enough pointless songs in it!  :tease:

snowcat

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 09:11:53 PM »
Haha, no no... Im not sure. The Disney films I love the most are the ones with animals... as a child I always loved animated movies with animals..Bambi and Dumbo.... I could just never get on with.

lyonsden5

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 10:07:41 PM »
Not a cartoon like the rest but the saddest moment in just about any movie is the end of Old Yeller  :weep:

BTW - this is the saddest thread ever!  :'(

snowcat

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 10:09:52 PM »
I could have picked Old Yeller, it is a Disney movie... but not one im very familiar with... ive seen it maybe twice :S

Critter

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 12:11:47 AM »
Do you have most of these DVD's already or are you, like myself having trouble with that bloody Disney vault?
It's going to take me years to actually collect all the classic Disney films I want becuase of that vault.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 04:56:42 AM »
I saw Bambi when I was like 6...I remember being very upset.  I saw Star Trek II: Wrath of Kahn around the same time too...that devastated me at the time. 

I guess I'm a wimp in movies..and the beginning of Up got to me...That sequence is the most touching, beautiful and sad thing that I've seen in ages.  From any movie..not just animated movies.

snowcat

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 10:34:56 AM »
I have all of the Disney vault film except Fantasia.... but Fantasia (and 2000) are getting a platinum release in March. Well... when I say I have all the disney vault films I have a few that arent the newest editions... some are older releases for example my Robin Hood is from the early 00's and is one of Disneys and not the special edition... but it does me fine not really one for special features...

I think when I originally saw Bambi I was to young to understand it... the first memory of being upset by a Disney film I have is the Jungle Book... the part where baloo "dies" I must have been about 4 or 5 at the time.

:p I hope to finish of my Lion King bit later on today! it will be posted then!

Critter

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 10:38:29 AM »
I collect each Disney vault film as it comes out but I am still missing a lot and I find it frustrating waiting so long for all my favourite films to come out. Fantasia is one I am also anticipating, that and the next time The Lion King is released, I accidently missed the last time.

snowcat

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 10:46:24 AM »
Hmm, Im not sure about when it will be released Lion King... You see the last vault editions were the top 16 best selling Disney films... the Platinum editions are the top 10 best selling of those 16... I think the predicted 10 are Snow White (released) Fantasia/2000 (march), Beauty and the Beast (fall/Autum), Pinocchio,
Bambi, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid and
The Lion King  (unkown release dates)

The only ones I really need from those are Fantasia/2000 ... I may pick another copy of the Lion King up as the inside if the disc has a small crack in it ... (the ring that connects to the DVD player)

Most of my Disney films were bought relativity cheap.. when shops were closing down or I knew people who got discounts in certain shops.