Author Topic: Christmas Torture  (Read 3684 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Christmas Torture
« on: December 05, 2007, 06:22:46 PM »
Well... the yearly Christmas time torture has now begun. First I had a friend tell me that there was a package on the way.... but I can't open it till she says it is ok.  :P And if that isn't enough torture... she told me my order is shipping in 3 separate shipments.. the other 2 packages yet to ship.

Then if that is not enough... last night Brittany came into my room to tell me she and her uncle placed a Christmas order for me... and teased me by not only saying she went to deepdiscount.... but that she got 5 titles for me.

So lets see... that is 5 titles from my daughter... and at least 3 titles from a friend....  And then I have another friend that will be sending me at least 1 title.

So it looks like I will be getting at least 9 new DVD titles for Christmas that I know of.  ;D
Pete

MEJHarrison

Re: Christmas Torture
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 08:49:20 PM »
I picked up Die Hard 4 last weekend and started to open it when my wife yanked it out of my hands and told me I have to wait for Christmas.  I didn't know I was picking myself up a Christmas gift when I got it.  And I was sooo in the mood for it that night too. :voodoo:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 08:52:43 PM »
See... now that just isn't right! You bought the thing... you shouldn't have to wait!  :P
Pete

MEJHarrison

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 12:13:29 AM »
See... now that just isn't right! You bought the thing... you shouldn't have to wait!  :P

Agreed. :laugh:

I know that I also have both seasons of Carnivàle on the way. :thumbup:

I'm also taking part in a secret santa thing this year and hope to score something there.  Beyond that, I have no idea what TV/DVD sets might be on the way.  Maybe more, maybe nothing.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 12:18:28 AM »
LOL... yeah... that is the problem... I have no idea what I am getting! I have a fairly good idea of how many... just no idea what they are... and that of course is where the real torture is.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 09:41:16 PM »
Well... my first package came... it is the size of a single dvd... so no clues there... could be about anything. So from today on I will have at least 1 package to stare at that I can't open.  :headscratch:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 10:30:22 PM »
I was always obsessed with record albums so every holiday everyone knew what to buy me. It was easy to tell which presents were mine.

The problem was I had no self-control when I was young. I would find my present and gently open the package. Once done I would take out the new record, slip in one of my old ones and rewrap it. I then practically wore the new one out.

No one was the wiser; I always acted surprised when I opened my present. I was a bad bad bad girl but…at the time I must admit I loved it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 10:37:44 PM »
 :laugh: That is terrible Kathy! I have always been bad at waiting for presents... and did peak at a few when I was growing up. But I don't do that no more. But I am still terrible at waiting to open them!

At least with the 2 friends that I exchange with... we always exchange early... so I won't have to wait till Christmas. But I will still have to wait quite a while yet.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 11:18:13 PM »
That's why, when I was younger, my sister and I trained the cat to open the presents for us! We trained it to «attack» presents hehehe  :laugh:

Ah good times!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 12:13:35 AM »
WOW... 2 packages came in the mail today for me. and both people wanted me to open the package today! :D So 1 got 2 gifts today!  ;D

First thing came in my regular mail. A dear friend in New York sent me a DVD set for Christmas. She sent me Tales from the Crypt: The Complete Sixth Season... That makes 6 seasons down... 1 season to go.

The second gift was delivered through DHL... possibly the worst delivery service in my area. I have had deliveries through them twice now... and both times they were lost finding me and I had to literally walk down the street to meet them tonight! Anyway... this gift came from a dear friend of mine in Illinois. She found out about this POS computer that I am on and decided to send me an upgrade for it. In this case more harddrive space. My computer came with a mere 20gigs. And I been working with just that for years. Now my friend sent me a 160gig hard drive.... which will of course put me up to 180gigs total once I get it installed.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 11:31:45 PM »
Well... I got one more early Christmas Present today... this time I got Masters of Horror: Dream Cruise... this means I only need 2 more episodes before I have this series complete!  :yahoo:
Pete

MEJHarrison

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 11:52:22 PM »
How's that hard drive upgrade coming?  That's a very nice jump!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 12:00:24 AM »
Actually it is still sitting on the desk next to me... my brother is going to take care of upgrading it for me... but he wants to hold off. I don't know... but I am thinking (by the way he is acting) I might be getting more upgrades... and he would rather do it all at once. My fingers crossed for more memory... right now I am dealing with only 256mb of memory! :bag:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 01:20:59 AM »
I got another package from a friend today... so now I have 3 packages sitting on the shelf... that is driving me nuts! :drooling:
Pete