Author Topic: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!  (Read 100210 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »
iCarly is an awesome & funny show!

snowcat

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 11:01:17 PM »
Im not a big fan of Icarly I have to say :p Its just not as funny as Drake and Josh

Critter

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 12:02:06 AM »
iCarly, Drake and Josh.. I don't even know any of these shows!. It's been ages since I was able to watch Nickelodeon shows. I do like some nicktoons though. CatDog, Ahh Real Monsters, The Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, Avatar: The Last Airbender. In fact now that I think about it, almost all of my favourite western animation cartoons are nicktoons. Man I wish I had the Nickelodeon channel.

snowcat

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 12:09:03 AM »
Most of those are not shown any more.

Spongebob is probably the only nicktoon shown regularly over here.

I always liked Doug, Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, CatDog, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, Kablam, As Told by Ginger and Invader Zim... I really enjoy SpongeBob too but I think its because it reminds me so much of Ren and Stimpy.

I generally don't watch Nickelodeon any more, I flick past it most of the time. In the 90's I loved it for all the above shows and the live action ones, Keenan and Kel, Sabrina, Sister Sister, The Amanda Show, Alex Mack, Pete and Pete heck even Are you Afraid of the Dark?

the presenters on the UK nick were amazing, most of which have gone on to be comedians on terrestrial TV... I don't think UK Nick has presenters at the moment :S

I miss 90's Nickelodeon.

Critter

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 12:13:25 AM »
You're right, 90's Nicktoons were legendary. Although there are a few newer ones I like as wel.... Fairly Odd Parents anyone? :bag:

I never actually had the Nickelodeon channel but they used to show some of the shows on other channels over here. Out of all those live-action ones you just mentioned I have only seen The Amanda Show, Alex Mack (was that the girl who could turn into silver goo?) and Are You Afraid of the Dark? From memory I liked them all but I haven't seen them in ages.

I wish they still showed 90's nicktoons. Can we get them on DVD?

snowcat

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 12:19:41 AM »
I did not like Faiirly odd parents... I didnt really like anything Post Rocket Power until Spongebob.... I don't like anything post Spongebob except Invader Zim

Amazon.com do have a CDR service, you can order certain seasons of things and "best ofs" they create a DVDR and send it to you.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Rockos-Modern-Life/dp/B001EHDSRU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1260919060&sr=8-1 Little bit expensive if you ask me, especially for something thats not an official DVD.

Rocko is not on real DVD just this best of format.... there are many bootleg versions available around... and that website where you vote for the TV series you want on DVD has rocko quite high... im holding out for them to make some noise. Daria is finally getting a DVD release next year it was there top request for a while...

Id also like to see some 90s Cartoon Network shows on DVD. Cow and Chicken, Two Stupid Dogs, I R Baboon..

Critter

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 12:26:43 AM »
Rocko's was great but I hate best of DVD's. Why can't they just release whole seasons. Another great cartoon that I wish would be released on DVD is Animals of Farthing Wood.

Avatar The Last Airbender, Fairly Odd Parents and Invader Zim are the only post 90's nicktoons I like. Avatar really surprised me actually, I wasn't expected much from the show but I found myself hooked and watching every episode. It was heavily influenced by Asian culture and many people actually confuse it for anime, despite the obvious visual differences.

I'm glad Daria is getting released, I used to have some crappy qaulity downloads of it but I really want it on DVD. It's such a popular show I'm surprised it took them so long actually to get the DVD's.

snowcat

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 12:33:29 AM »
I didn't like Avatar, I found it boring, it was like Dragonball Z ... the same thing happening for a silly amount of episodes. I could watch an episode and by the time it had finished the plot had not furthered ¬_¬

Suppose we just gotta hope Nick releases them after all.... Spongebob is getting season box set releases.

Critter

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 12:37:53 AM »
it was like Dragonball Z ... the same thing happening for a silly amount of episodes.

Hahaha if you don't like that then here is a warning for you... NEVER watch Naruto. Out of every show I have ever watched nothing is more repetitive and drawn out than this show. I haven't watched Dragonball so I'm not sure if it's as bad but Naruto is about 70% flashbacks in every episode. Basically after you've watched it a while you feel like you have seen every scene 500 times becuase they keep showing it over and over. Drives me insane.

Funnily enough I actually found the plot of Avatar to be quite compelling and fast paced most of the time. Maybe I've just had my fair share of ultra slow shows like the one I mentioned above.

snowcat

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 12:40:21 AM »
...I have be for warned that naruto is 90% filler... I can't stand filler. Dragonball z had entire episodes of characters standing on the spot talking to each other and screaming :/

Critter

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 12:42:38 AM »
Haha that's exactly like Naruto, so far I have watched 63 episodes out of 220 (don't ask me why I keep watching, I think I'm just determined to beat it) but they can have single fights that can last up to (or over) 10 episodes. They might actually attack each other every few episodes but the rest is just flashbacks and drawn out conversations.

MEJHarrison

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 08:42:41 PM »
OMG... please tell me not Mark! I cannot stand iCarly! I tease Britt about it all the time because she likes it so much!  :laugh:

I afraid so! :hysterical:

Of course I'm sure I'd never watch it if I had 100% control over the TV.  But the boys like it, so it's on frequently.  And unlike some of the other stuff they watch, I don't mind sitting down and watching if it happens to be on.  Of all the various shows they watch, it's probably my favorite.  Of course when they're in bed, the channel gets changed. :laugh:

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2009, 11:58:44 PM »
 :o

a thread can get long in one day. Um...I'll be posting a new review in a day or two, so school and Christmas decorating/writing permits.

Najemikon

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 12:50:49 AM »
We can be a talkative bunch, Brittany, so don't be surprised if a dedicated review thread starts to go off at a tangent!  ;) And don't be afraid to start off such tangents in other peoples threads too, especially as the movie reviews are indexed anyway, so they won't get lost.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2009, 05:33:42 AM »
:o

a thread can get long in one day. Um...I'll be posting a new review in a day or two, so school and Christmas decorating/writing permits.
You've ain's seen nothing yet.

I don't think here, but on another forum some of us frequent you sometimes get a thread up to 10 pages per day!
(click to show/hide)