Author Topic: Curtain Call  (Read 122397 times)

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Curtain Call
« Reply #165 on: July 06, 2010, 02:36:02 AM »
Arthur Friberg, renowned artist

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2010, 12:58:53 AM »
Elzbieta Czyzewska, Polish actress

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2010, 12:59:53 AM »
Kimihiko Nakamura, Japanese Art Director

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2010, 08:01:44 PM »

snowcat

« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2010, 08:11:24 PM »
Harvey Pekar
:o

I am totally gutted about this :(

American Splendour is one of my favourite comic series.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2010, 09:18:21 PM »
I am very sad today. My dog Tara died at around midnight last night. I buried her this morning under her favorite apple tree. She is the dog in the center of this picture. Her brother Jay, on her left, died last year. They both would have been 14 this December. Nina, on the far right is hanging strong at 16.

Najemikon

« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2010, 09:20:45 PM »
Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry to hear. Such beautiful dogs. :(

hal9g

« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2010, 09:23:41 PM »
I'm so sorry, Kathy.

Last year we lost the last three of our dogs (14, 15 and 17) over a 6 month period.  It was an emotionally draining and difficult time.  We still have not been able to get another.  Hopefully, the time will be soon.

We had four of our on two years ago plus another four "fosters" (all adopted to great homes), so it's very strange to be "childless".

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2010, 09:40:42 PM »
I'm so sorry Kathy. :(

snowcat

« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2010, 09:48:03 PM »
Im sorry to hear that Kathy :( that's sad, I constantly live in fear of the day my cat passes on, I have felt that way since we got him... I have no idea how I will react

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 12, 2010, 10:04:10 PM »
Thank you.

She had been diagnosed with a virulent form of cancer over a year ago. The doctor recommended putting her down then but she was still very active and I knew that, although it would be hard, it was not time. I never thought she would have such a full life for such a long time. Her brother died in less than a month after his diagnosis.

It wasn't until the last few weeks that she became very thin. Tara still played and was active but she refused to eat anything except for people food - she trained me well. I let her have anything she wanted.

I knew two nights ago she that it was close. Although one or two cats would sleep with us, it changed that night. Tara was lying in the bed and every one of the cats surrounded her. They spent the whole night rubbing her and and laying by her side. I have never seen anything like it.

Last night they tried to do the same and she wasn't having any of it. I put her on the bed, up hopped the cats and Tara got down and laid on the couch. I sat up with her until she fell asleep at 11:30. I went to bed and when I woke up an hour later to check on her she had died.

Although I am happy for the long life she had, it breaks my heart to have one of my furry friends die. I was going to take her to the vet this morning since I knew the time had come. I am grateful that she died comfortably at home.

Rogmeister

« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2010, 11:22:34 PM »
Kathy, I'm very sorry for your loss.  Sadly, I belong to a lot of cat e-mail groups and it seems hardly any time goes by where someone's pet has passed away.  I lost my cat Shadow last August so I know what it's like.  Best of wishes to you.

KinkyCyborg

« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2010, 12:24:01 AM »
Very sorry to hear about your dog Kathy. Pets very much become part of the family. I've always had a cot or dog and often both in our home ever since I was a small boy. Would seem empty without a pet.  :(

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2010, 12:28:44 AM »
So sorry to hear Kathy!  :weep:
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 13, 2010, 12:53:44 AM »
Sorry to hear of your loss Kathy

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.