Author Topic: 2012 October-to-Whenever Marathon: Must-Sees and Nostalgia  (Read 19992 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: 2012 October Marathon: Must-Sees and Nostalgia
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2012, 03:33:27 AM »
It's the Great Pumpkin, Juniper Lee
The Life and Times of Juniper Lee (Season 2, Episode 1)

Director:Frank Squillace
Length:24 min.
Rating:Rated TV-Y7

Stars:

Lara Jill Miller... Juniper Lee
Alexander Polinsky... Dennis Lee
Kath Soucie   ...Ray Ray

Opening:

Series Summary:
Juniper Lee is an 11 year old girl who can fight the force of chaos and curses.

Episode Plot:
After a monster child accidentally turns himself and all the other monster children human on Halloween, Juniper has to follow a chain of favors to turn them back into their natural form.

My Thoughts:

#1 point: WHY WON'T THIS SHOW COME BACK?!!?!?  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Like, seriously, Boomerang, anything! I was in love with this show and then suddenly there was nothing, and it seems that no one remembers it.

Now, as for the episode .... it is what I have to remember this show by and I couldn't be happier.  ;D It's a story like "I have to trade this with this person to get this which I trade with this person to get this". It's just really funny to try to follow. And monsters dressing like humans for Halloween? That's a nice touch.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: 2012 October-to-Whenever Marathon: Must-Sees and Nostalgia
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »
     Paranormal Activity 4[/color](2012/United States)
Paramount Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Henry Joost, Ariel Schulman
Writing:Christopher Landon (screenplay), Chad Feehan (story)
Length:84 min.

Stars:
Katie Featherston   ...Katie
Kathryn Newton...Alex
Aiden Lovekamp... Wyatt
Matt Shively...Ben
Alexondra Lee...Holly
William Juan Prieto...Hunter

Plot:
It has been five years since the disappearance of Katie and Hunter, and a suburban family witness strange events in their neighborhood when a woman and a mysterious child move in.

My Thoughts:

I have to say, I thought this was a great follow-up. There was nothing special about the family setting it took place in, but the backstory the girl and her boyfriend were able to dig up about the demon and what was happening in the house could really get you thinking.

After seeing the four movies, the only questions I still have is why Hunter is still alive about 5 years after his abduction … it just seems to me like he would have been sacrificed by now or something. But whatever.

I appreciate that the violence of the poltergeist seems to escalate on a faster pace than in the previous movies. Normally all of the good action happens toward the end of the movie, but I was also happy to see objects moving quickly, a knife falling straight into a board, and minor levitation even in the middle of the film. That kept my attention a little better.

Still, this movie was about an hour and a half long and it seems that all the film has progressed story-wise was involving another family years after the initial incident and giving a little more to go on as the why the demon is there and has focused on Hunter…which is a little disappointing.

Scare-O-Meter:

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5